Thread: We have a winner!! - Tale of The Week 35

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default We have a winner!! - Tale of The Week 35

Congratulations to the Winner

You Old Coot...
    Standing atop his house's balcony, an old man, leaning on the ledge looked down to the busy street, seeing people running around to their daily affairs, the noisy, new cars drove quickly and he smiled, he knew that because of him, only thanks to him these people were allowed to live, only thanks to him these people now run around and head to their daily affairs, he was still dazzled by the cars... He never knew how they worked, but what saddened him is that people told him, many times, how they work... But he kept forgetting, the fragile old man looked down his balcony and grinned as he saw his son with his grandson approaching, they finally came!

"Hi, dad" Said the young man and shook his father's hand
    "Hi grandpa" Said the younger boy and hugged him, the old man was on the verge of tears, his moment of nostalgia has been interrupted by the future, as glad as he was, he was still on the verge of tears.
    "Come in! Come in!" Said the hearty old man, and smiled, the two gladly went inside, to the warm house, the lying sun was very perky and strong, but the weather was cold... Too cold...
    As the two sat at the living room, with the view outside the balcony, the hearty old man brought sliced fruit and vegetables, which he prepared in advance.
    "So, James, my son, how are you?" Asked the old man, willing to enjoy every second of his son;
    "I'm fine dad, work's great... Thanks dad... How about you?" Asked the man, while forcing a smile on his face.
    "Lonely... Very lonely" Said the old man, again with tears in his eyes, he did not realize that his son did not appreciate his father complaining
    "I know, dad, what about your friends? Wher--"
    "I don't want anything to do with them! They're pieces of crap!" Yelled the old man, and James, his son, was very surprised, covered up his son's ears;
    "Dad! Mind your language, this is my son here, you know, I don't want him to learn bad words yet" Said James, annoyed
    "I'm sorry... You can remove your hands from his ears now... I have a story in mind" Said the hearty old man again, and James removed his hands, "So, Dilon my boy, would you like to hear a story?"
    The young boy nodded; "Good! Do you see that painting on the wall?" The boy looked and nodded, obviously not much of a talker, "Well, I'm the one holding the flag" The old man said, smiling.
    "He's delirious again..." Mumbled James, out of hearing range from the old man, but the truly fascinated Dilon didn't hear his father.
    "You see... It was a bloody battle that, the Confederacy attacked us at full strength! We had to hold on, we stood our ground, tremendously outnumbered, but we had the high ground, we held firm and powerful! They dared not charge any further, but they held their lines also... You see, a bullet grazed my shoulder!" He said, showing a scar, and he was speaking with such enthusiasm, he forgot that young Dilon didn't understand what he was talking about, nor did he know anything about the civil war. "Now, as the battle ensu--"
    "Shut up" James cut him off, "Just shut up. Stop filling his mind with your rubbish. This is exactly why I don't want to visit you, this is exactly the reason no one wants to visit you, you make up stupid stories" The angry James said, making his way to the door with his son, the old man was truly on the verge of crying now, he was truly amazed, he didn't realize what's going on;
    "You old coot... Stop making up lies, you're annoying us all" Said James and trundled off with his son, which obviously didn't want to leave.

"You old coot..." The hearty old man repeated, and started crying.
    After an hour, the old man woke up, apparently fell asleep after his son left, but he couldn't remember a thing, he just remembered the words; "You old coot!" and he thought he saw a couple fighting in the street, blissfully unaware.

(This is based on a true story from my life, details were altered, but still based on a true story)

A story written by Nazgul-Killer a well deserved win and this for his first entry. Well done.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Default Re: We have a winner!! - Tale of The Week 35

(First win, 7th story )
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Gratz on your first victory
    | "I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it." |

My Workshop |The Graphics Workshop| Critic's Quill |Imperium Graecorum

Thanks.
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Eriagon's Avatar Centenarius

Congratz Nazgul!

I thank thee.

SonOfAlexander's Avatar I want his bass!
    Citizen

Yeah , good going, i knew you'd do it eventually . I was very close, but you have the title ...
    Please come see the BAARC
    Proud Member of the Critic's Quill & ES content staff
    Under the benificient and omniscient patronage of Carl Von Döbeln
    Bono: "Let me tell you something. I've had enough of Irish Americans who haven't been back to their country in 20 or 30 years, and tell me about the 'Resistance', the 'Revolution' 'back home'. The 'glory' of the revolution, and the 'glory' of dying for the revolution. F *** THE REVOLUTION!!!"
    Ariovistus Maximus: "Google supplieth all."
    [Multi-AAR] Caelus Morsus Luminius

Congrats on the win, but I'll be nitpicky and point out that, which obviously didn't want to leave. should be who obviously etc.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

SonOfAlexander's Avatar I want his bass!
    Citizen

???
    Please come see the BAARC
    Proud Member of the Critic's Quill & ES content staff
    Under the benificient and omniscient patronage of Carl Von Döbeln
    Bono: "Let me tell you something. I've had enough of Irish Americans who haven't been back to their country in 20 or 30 years, and tell me about the 'Resistance', the 'Revolution' 'back home'. The 'glory' of the revolution, and the 'glory' of dying for the revolution. F *** THE REVOLUTION!!!"
    Ariovistus Maximus: "Google supplieth all."
    [Multi-AAR] Caelus Morsus Luminius

Congrats.
    Son of PW

Quote Originally Posted by Selifator View Post
    Congrats on the win, but I'll be nitpicky and point out that, which obviously didn't want to leave. should be who obviously etc.
    Thanks, but... Huh?

Said James and trundled off with his son, which obviously didn't want to leave.

if I would to short that to "Obviously didn't want to leave" it would sound like James didn't want to leave, but he did, his son didn't.
    If you meant the grandfather, it would have been "Even though the old man didn't want them to leave"... So I have no idea what you mean. O.o
    Last edited by Nazgūl Killer; April 20, 2009 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgul-Killer View Post
    Thanks, but... Huh?

Said James and trundled off with his son, which obviously didn't want to leave.

if I would to short that to "Obviously didn't want to leave" it would sound like James didn't want to leave, but he did, his son didn't.
    If you meant the grandfather, it would have been "Even though the old man didn't want them to leave"... So I have no idea what you mean. O.o
    What he's saying is that the proper grammar would be "who obviously didn't want to leave". It's not a big deal.
    Son of PW

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

All hail the "Conquering Hero", but also those who...did'nt quite grasp the ring this week. Great job, ALL of you...
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Like I said, nitpicky. Anyway, good story!
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Alright, thanks man. I'll keep that in mind. I didn't understand what you meant, I do now though, thanks.