Thread: Troop Formation

Default Troop Formation

Hello , my english isenīt so good, so sorry for Errors!

I have modded the Units, more Soldiers in one Group. After that i modded the Distance between the Soldiers and the Distance between the Lines from the Group, they Stand closer together .

But i can see that the Elite Troops, didnīt hold that Distance if they start to fire, the Soldiers regroup and take another Distance to there Neighbor, didnt know if there are more Troops that do that.

Is ther a way to tell them, that they Hold the Distance from before shooting?

I donīt test it very often, but if i see it correctly the normal Line Infantry keep the Distance if they fire.

Greetings and Thanks
    TERUK
    Last edited by Teruk; April 18, 2009 at 08:25 PM.

Default Re: Troop Formation

this is normal.

Guardinfantry changes their formation. The reason is, that the firetyps between Lineinfantry (rank_fire) and Guardinfantry (peleton_fire) is differnt. You have the same effect if you edit mass_fire to the Linieinfantry.

How do you change the formation typs? I want also change this. I hate it, if the guardunits ware standing Regiment on regiment and if they want to fire first they are walking in eachother to build an new, longer formation. And in this time the enemy could kill my troops, especially troops with horses.

nordstern

p.s.
    my english is also not very good. My teachers said i am writing und speaking an german-english

Vanquisher's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Troop Formation

Germglish.