Thread: Crash on declaring war or attacking a settlement (even with autoresolve)

Laetus

Icon4 Crash on declaring war or attacking a settlement (even with autoresolve)

Hi everyone and thaks for Your time reading this:

Suddenly the game (only DarthMod 1.2) crashes (Turn 36/Winter1717) whenever I declare war or attack a city...?
    Did anyone experience that problem too?

Thx for any input on this matter,
    John

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

By tntghostrider at 2009-04-18
    Last edited by TNTGhostrider; April 19, 2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Spelling...

Default Re: Chash on declaring war or attacking a settlement (even with autoresolve)

are you using other mods or darthmod alone,

Laetus

Icon5 Re: Chash on declaring war or attacking a settlement (even with autoresolve)

Well, I made a new Installation, but the friggin problem remains the same...
    It doesn't matter which city I attack nor whom I declare war on; white screen and CTD.

How can I diagnose such an error in more detail?

Pls anyone... HEEEEELP!!!!!!!
    Thx, J

Default Re: Chash on declaring war or attacking a settlement (even with autoresolve)

Quote Originally Posted by TNTGhostrider View Post
    Well, I made a new Installation, but the friggin problem remains the same...
    It doesn't matter which city I attack nor whom I declare war on; white screen and CTD.

How can I diagnose such an error in more detail?

Pls anyone... HEEEEELP!!!!!!!
    Thx, J

thats a vanilla save-game bug I'm afraid.

Youc an attempt to fix it by deleting your preferences files and then loading the save game.

If it does not load then its stuffed I'm sorry to say.
    There is no current fix for it other than the above one.

Sorry - i've been in this situation myself every single campaign i have played: i've never been able to finish a campaign, indeed i have never gotten beyond 1747 due to this bug.

Laetus

Icon13 Re: Chash on declaring war or attacking a settlement (even with autoresolve)

Quote Originally Posted by Anbar View Post
    thats a vanilla save-game bug I'm afraid.

Youc an attempt to fix it by deleting your preferences files and then loading the save game.

If it does not load then its stuffed I'm sorry to say.
    There is no current fix for it other than the above one.

Sorry - I've been in this situation myself every single campaign i have played: i've never been able to finish a campaign, indeed i have never gotten beyond 1747 due to this bug.
    Well, I tried to do that but it still crashes every single time. It's so f...... frustrating to build an Empire just to loose it right when I start to dominate the European theater.

But is there a solution from Sega in sight? Seems unbelievable that they didn't already fix such a huge bug...

Cheers, J

Default Re: Crash on declaring war or attacking a settlement (even with autoresolve)

In order to avoid this.... always manually save after 2-3 turns. Do not use autosave, it is bugged as it was in previous TW games.
    If you forget this and anticipate the problem of CTD, it is unavoidable to restart the game.

Laetus

Icon5 Re: Crash on declaring war or attacking a settlement (even with autoresolve)

Regarding the new patch: Is is save now to start a new campaign or must I still fear the vanilla save-game bug?

Thx, for Your precious time!!!
    Cheers, J

Default Re: Crash on declaring war or attacking a settlement (even with autoresolve)

Quote Originally Posted by TNTGhostrider View Post
    Regarding the new patch: Is is save now to start a new campaign or must I still fear the vanilla save-game bug?

Thx, for Your precious time!!!
    Cheers, J
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

Proceed at your own will.

Closing an old and irrelevant thread.