Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Permission issues

+Mr.Crow+'s Avatar VIVERE MILITARE EST

Default Re: Permission issues

Quote Originally Posted by cossacks368 View Post
    I use FA map with my change ~

I very need yours info for 15th century Hungary kingdom.

~names and historical events ~

I can share this to Magyar Mod .
    ehy guys, this wagons are historically wrong...noone have ever used warwagon with horses during a battle...there are no cowboys in europe...check this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=428564
    BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 Co-Director
    PERSONAL PROJECTS: CSUR || WARWAGON

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, you've done something that CA should have thought of a long time ago. You should be on their pay-roll!

our problem is ,that they are rotating we have our own warwagons since 1,5 year...

Quote Originally Posted by dome View Post
    we have our own warwagons since 1,5 year...
    do you mean banzai's warwagon or another type of warwagon made by you?

As far as I'm concerned, you've done something that CA should have thought of a long time ago. You should be on their pay-roll!

tha anim is from banzai the modell is mine

tha anim is from banzai the modell is mine
    oh, i've understand...but it is still with horses, right?...my wagon haven't horses because noone have ever used it with wagons (except in the american far west and in the south africa)...horses are historically wrong

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

Do your wagons turn on the battlefield?

actually we have one old drawing balout te horse version, but our opinion is the same, that those were static. The problem is that they are rotating... always facing to the enemies... yours?

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

What about making them a barricade deployable and unmoveable as stakes?

actually we have one old drawing balout te horse version, but our opinion is the same, that those were static. The problem is that they are rotating... always facing to the enemies... yours?
    My wagons don't turn in front of the enemy...they are totally static...soon i will realise a minimod that allow the player to use my wagons in vanilla custom battle....when i realise it, i will advise you

Quote Originally Posted by +Mr.Crow+ View Post
    My wagons don't turn in front of the enemy...they are totally static...soon i will realise a minimod that allow the player to use my wagons in vanilla custom battle....when i realise it, i will advise you
    You are right ,thank for tell me .

Your wagons is great !

Cheer!

~~~~~~~~~ˇ
    Dear Csatádi , I want to make Hungarian King Hunyadi Mátyás as a hero unit ,any info?

ehy guys, my wagons are ready...click on my signature

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

Thanks. I will check it.

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Good day, I am asking permission if we can use weapon and equipment models for War of the West. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ight=bg+submod

Thank you and just a question, which parts is free of use that needs only credit?

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

-We don't allow to modify them or to use the parts of the models (for example taking helmets etc.)
    Check the first post.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Hi

I've asked before but now I'm a bit more confident in my modding ability so I'll ask again

my sub mod

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=405904

The map (I changed the SS map quite a bit but Hungary was mostly based on the original SS map, but I moved Brasov to Gyulafehérvár which I think is more reasonablly representative of the 12th C and I redrew the border region of the Kassa to be slightly more inline with the Geographic feature)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

(as you can see there's some pretty massive changes to the relative distribution of regions and how / where some regions are placed... also several faction sees very different starting position, I'm essentially aiming for a very strongly historically focused submod on the 1100-1300 ish period. so my priority on settlement is based on what's important in 1100. (for example I moved Moscow to Suzdal, and of course for my next version I have a new faction in there.. the Abbasid Caliph. )

Family tree... though 1100 is tough... Istvan was actually only born in 1101 but if you start out with just Koloman and Almos then Almos will become the heir which is messed up :/ and if Istvan start out as a baby there's a very good chance that a random adopted General will be heir that's also messed up... so this seem like the best half arsed comprimise possible though one could debate that Almos might as well start out as Rebels (holding Kassa?)

resource ... I generally changed so most region have quite a few resource.. (4 on average. though anything from 2-6 is possible)

So far I have..

Carpathian Basin (Kassa) : Silver, Grain, Timber, Honey
    Transdanubia ( Esztergom ): Timber, Fur, Grain, Coal
    Hungarian Lowlands (Varad) : Fish, Grain, Leather, Fur, Wine
    Transylvania ( Gyulafehevar ) : Gold, Coal, Sulfur, Iron

essentially I have Transylvania as a epic mining center, and generally high mining concentration around the Carpathian Mts. and also some Timber around the foot of the Mts. Grain is common in the Plains along with some other farming / herding related items... maybe could change the furs to wool / fruits though..

Is this good enough? or is there some other aspect I need to address? point it out and i'll try my best.
    Last edited by RollingWave; April 25, 2011 at 11:51 AM.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Quote Originally Posted by Csatádi View Post
    Check the first post.
    What about this?
    Our old units in version 2.0 can be used freely if the Magyar Mod team is credited and only for noncommercial use.
    What are those units?

And one other thing, there's some other mod team that are allowed to use parts, do they use the old models?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Polycarpe; April 25, 2011 at 10:09 PM.

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

@RollingWave

The map will do the job. Please remove that much forests from the Lowlands region and it will be nice. You may keep some little forests especially near rivers for surprize attacks.
    The forests might be higly fertile lands, woodlands and marshes. You may move the northern borders of Hungary in the middle of the Carpathians but its not important.
    Slavonia was part of Hungary from 1091.
    Carpathian Basin is the whole medieval Hungary not only the northern province. It can be Upper Hungary for example.
    Please correct the spelling of Gyulafehérvár on your map.

A sidenote: Poland, Czech Kingdom and Croatia borders are wrong. Wallachia is missing or part of 2 separate Bulgarian province. It was Pecheneg territory like Moldavia thus both rebels.

Kálmán and his first wife Felicia had 3 children: Zsófia, László, and István. László and István were twins born in 1101. László died in 1104 therefore he is never mentioned in history books.
    In 1100 there was a peace between Kálmán and Álmos but Álmos might be a rebel leader if you wish. His territory can be Slavonia or Upper Hungary.

Resources: they depend on what you use. The export wares were: wood, salt, silver, gold, animals especially cattle, grain, wine, copper, iron.
    Remove coal. Put furs or leather to Slavonia. Put wine in Belgrade. Honey is good in Hungary, too. Sulfur is unimportant without firearms, put rather salt to Transylvania which was very important providing 9% of the income of the king. I would change honey to iron in Upper Hungary.
    Wool? I don't know. Living animals were the preferred export wares. That's why we use horse resource.

@St. Polycarpe
    Dome is the author of the new models and skins and he might give permission how he wants. So it depends what was the issue. The 2.0 models are modified vanilla so not our work. And some early stuff (peasants).

If you check the download links the first file contains v2.0 : http://www.filefront.com/13515145/Magyar_Mod2.zip
    And we can give permission only to our works not for units we just used for example Ordo Teutonicus Texture Set etc. The Hungarian units are our works only. Hungarian strat map figures are from Rusichi.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

@RollingWave

The map will do the job. Please remove that much forests from the Lowlands region and it will be nice. You may keep some little forests especially near rivers for surprize attacks.
    The forests might be higly fertile lands, woodlands and marshes. You may move the northern borders of Hungary in the middle of the Carpathians but its not important.
    Slavonia was part of Hungary from 1091.
    Carpathian Basin is the whole medieval Hungary not only the northern province. It can be Upper Hungary for example.
    Please correct the spelling of Gyulafehérvár on your map.

A sidenote: Poland, Czech Kingdom and Croatia borders are wrong. Wallachia is missing or part of 2 separate Bulgarian province. It was Pecheneg territory like Moldavia thus both rebels.

Kálmán and his first wife Felicia had 3 children: Zsófia, László, and István. László and István were twins born in 1101. László died in 1104 therefore he is never mentioned in history books.
    In 1100 there was a peace between Kálmán and Álmos but Álmos might be a rebel leader if you wish. His territory can be Slavonia or Upper Hungary.

Resources: they depend on what you use. The export wares were: wood, salt, silver, gold, animals especially cattle, grain, wine, copper, iron.
    Remove coal. Put furs or leather to Slavonia. Put wine in Belgrade. Honey is good in Hungary, too. Sulfur is unimportant without firearms, put rather salt to Transylvania which was very important providing 9% of the income of the king. I would change honey to iron in Upper Hungary.
    Wool? I don't know. Living animals were the preferred export wares. That's why we use horse resource.
    Hi, will get those done...

For Wallachia the main problem is that the map is at the settlement limit, and this particular 2TPY campaign being primarily focused on the 12-14th C I think Bulgarian towns take precedence over Wallachian at this point as the concept of Wallachia did not fully materialize until a bit later (first meantion was already late 13th C and real substains didn't come until early 14th C) as the Vlach Migration was still an on going process at this point IIRC so yeah I moved the Wallachian Province down to represent Tarnovo, If I do a later campaign I'll definately add in another region there for Wallchia (at the expense of the Persian or Russian / Steppe settlements that have been Mongoled into dust probably)

Resource: so it seems I got at least some of them right I'll make the proper adjustments thank you. at this point I don't have cattle so I'm kinda / sorta just using leather as subsitution, I probably adjust for new resource again later on .

As I'm primarily dealing with that stated period, I'll probably limit my use to the lighter units for the most part. You said we can't alter model but would things like say.. the light infantry with axe / club for example, I change it so they only have axe or only have club? or in terms of armour to make it more consistent along the armour upgrade lines? (not changing the texture / model itself but the grouping in the mesh files so they only show up with no armour at level 0 and all have some armour at level 1 for example)
    Last edited by RollingWave; April 26, 2011 at 11:52 AM.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Thank you for clarification mate.

Ok, rewind myself. So, I come here for asking permission to use parts of new units from Dome for the creation of accurate units and rosters for the Western European factions. The mod War of the West (Link) reflect the historical evolution of many kingdoms. The campaign's timeframe range from 1245-1385 and the second campaign range from 1387-1550. The map at the OP is the template of the map that we will use and it is under construction, further reading in the OP will show more info on the mod (I can list them all, there's many things that will be included in the mod). Credit will be given and the units made for WotW will be only for this mod.

Hopefully waiting for a positive answer and I will give you a "pre-beta" I'm currently working to show our gratitude as well showing some of our concept included in the mod.

Cheer and have a nice day to both Dome and Csatádi and the Magyar Mod team.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast