Thread: Crusader Timeline and Events

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Crusader Timeline and Events

Well, I've been thinking about spawning each Crusade. I will have to look and find each crusades destination and not spawn if the settlement is being held by a Catholic Faction.

What do you guys think?

(We usually have these conversations in dev forum but I guess we need to show some more activity on main forum)

y
    Last edited by y2day; April 17, 2009 at 09:01 AM.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Default Re: Crusader Timeline and Events

Well, if the effort's not too high, then why not?

But make those Crusader Army an own faction then. Would be pretty unbalanced, if the muslim faction won't get any units for free and the Christian all of those elite units. Mabye make a script, where one, as a Christian faction, can decide, whether he wants to aid the Crusades with money or not. And if yes, spawn some (but not too many) elite knight units for him. Sort of a instant unique elite unit recruitement or something.
    But to put the script idea aside, the spawned Crusader Army has of course to have a strict destination where to go (Jerusalem or wherever).

And how do you want to solve the matter, when the Crusader army has captured a city? Should it capture more cities or just stay there?
    Should it create a new faction in the holy land? But this would be unwise... you already have several starting crusader states in your mod!

With what year does the mod start anyway? You therefore can't have the first Crusade spawned, because there are Crusade states already etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Well, if the effort's not too high, then why not?

But make those Crusader Army an own faction then. Would be pretty unbalanced, if the muslim faction won't get any units for free and the Christian all of those elite units. Mabye make a script, where one, as a Christian faction, can decide, whether he wants to aid the Crusades with money or not. And if yes, spawn some (but not too many) elite knight units for him. Sort of a instant unique elite unit recruitement or something.
    Maybe make the crusaders a faction of the Pope? Or historically accurate faction affiliation, to current crusader states?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    But to put the script idea aside, the spawned Crusader Army has of course to have a strict destination where to go (Jerusalem or wherever).

And how do you want to solve the matter, when the Crusader army has captured a city? Should it capture more cities or just stay there?
    Should it create a new faction in the holy land? But this would be unwise... you already have several starting crusader states in your mod!

With what year does the mod start anyway? You therefore can't have the first Crusade spawned, because there are Crusade states already etc etc

Good question, should the city be given to a crusader state choosen randomly by a script? and if it did would that destroy the new papal faction that emerged with the crusade?

The Imperial camapaign will begin after first crusade.......

Will have to do some more research myself. I would say depending on what city the crusade is call on would determine which starting crusading state the army would belong to. Also with a script that would disband a large majority of the army after the target has been captured.

Very interesting i think this:

Crusader armies could be given to all 4 crusader states
    To balance it we have Jihads for muslim factions and reinforsments from empire for Byzantium

hmm i think you will leed some of this armies but for some time near 10turn after it armie disband in population and knight left to they countries

With what year does the mod start anyway?
    Imperial campaign 1135
    First Crusade Campaign 1099
    Assassins Campaign 1135

Or historically accurate faction affiliation, to current crusader states?
    yes we will do it

Also with a script that would disband a large majority of the army after the target has been captured.
    Ye as i said in post early i think it will be great
    Under the patronage of Nakharar
    DM Multi modding project

maxstill's Avatar Semisalis

hmm great thing,this mod will rock TWC

PedroL's Avatar Citizen

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Christians states

Vencerei não só estes adversários mas quantos a meu Rei forem contrários

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF y2day

Nice work as always Pedro.

We will represent the muslim factions just as well as the Crusader factions, looking forward to some jihads.

PedroL's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by y2day View Post
    Nice work as always Pedro.

We will represent the muslim factions just as well as the Crusader factions, looking forward to some jihads.
    thanks...and sorry i will not forget again
    Vencerei não só estes adversários mas quantos a meu Rei forem contrários

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF y2day

Hey, I have an idea!

Research those crusader stuff and find out, which faction sent them when! So, if it's a crusader army, led by Richard Lionheart, let the spawned Army be english. This english Army will then be heading towards their destiny and if they capture the city, a new faction will be there and act like everyone else. So they may start a war with their neighbouring crusader states or continue their crusader campaign, whatever.

And since the spawned nations will be unplayable and therefore a minor factor of this mod, just lend some skins from other mods.