Thread: New unit ideas

Default New unit ideas

I think most people would agree that Empire lacks in the unit department. I would love a mod or an expansion to add many more unit types to the game it would be great. So I thought it would be interesting to see what ideas everyone had for new units. I have a few.

Mounted Grenadiers - Probably completely ahistorical but it would sure be fun to run up to a unit of pikemen, lob some grenades then run for it!
    Claymore Wielding Highlanders - These would be great fun and I think the game could really use some good melee infantry.
    Peasants - I know their is armed citizenry or whatever they are called but those guys aren't cannon fodderish enough.
    Sniper - A one man unit with exceptional skills and equipment. That has massive range and can hide anywhere, it wold be very annoying to fight against but great to use. It also wouldn't work with unit size changes but maybe something could be done.

What ideas does everybody have? Whether they are historical or not doesn't matter.

Default Re: New unit ideas

Here's one: Elephants with cannons mounted on them

The Dirty Bomb unit. A one man unit carrying a suitcase nuke. Could be like a Rake, but more 1337.

/sigh

Theoo's Avatar Centenarius
    wherever diplomecy needde!!! hehe just are kidding im iceland from

hhow do i get these new units ?? is it mod ?? or expansion back ? thanks
    89% of teens would die today if Facebook was destroyed. if you are one of the 11% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.
    65 percent of teenagers spend more time watching TV rather then reading ,if you are part of the 35 percent who read more than watch TV and are proud of it, copy and paste this into your profile.
    98 percent of the population has a myspace. If you're one of the 2 percent that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this in your profile
    93 percent of teenagers would have an emotional breakdown if someone called them a freak. If you are part of the 7 percent that would say "What was your first clue?", copy this onto your profile'

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Moved to wips ideas and proposals. And keep the unit ideas serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo View Post
    hhow do i get these new units ?? is it mod ?? or expansion back ? thanks
    This is a thread for new unit ideas. So none of the units exist.

Darkhorse's Avatar Praepositus

Small gunboat craft that are able to negotiate coastlines and the larger rivers, such as the Thames, Rhine, and Danube. Would be cool. Armed with smaller cannon. Perhaps with a rifle detachment on board would be a nice addition.

Decanus

Me and a second guy knows what I mean. Was editing this post.

ANYWAY

Late french could have some "Sans-culottes" militia melee unit with men and women which was revolutioners with high morale. And don't translate it from modern french to modern english cause the french culotte changed signification

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sans-culottes
    Last edited by L'Ost; April 17, 2009 at 02:24 PM.