Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help Wanted: Sounds and voices

Artifex

Ok guys, we need your help. We would like to add some new sounds and voices to enhance some of our current factions, but we can't without your assistance.

So if you want your voice to be heard, and you are a native speaker of German or a Scandinavian language, please contact me! Also, we can use a strong Hebrew speaker, or more than one.

Thanks!

-khel
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. - Seneca

I'm fluent in Hebrew, since I was born and raised in Israel. I'd love to help, but I'm afraid that the only thing I have is a 20$ computer mic :p. Let me know if there's anything I can do.
    Knowledge is power, but ignorance is bliss.

We also need some help doing the Celtic languages. So if your a Gaelic speaker, let us know.
    PSYCHO V

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, Meditation 17)

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

Well i speak Hindi and a little sanskrit. do you want an voice actor for the indian units?
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

Artifex

We can't give rebel units their own language, and we are limited by the number of voices we can use for the factions, so it would be impossible, unfortunately, to do this.

Originally posted by Khelvan@May 22 2005, 01:53 PM
    We can't give rebel units their own language, and we are limited by the number of voices we can use for the factions, so it would be impossible, unfortunately, to do this.
    I've done some voice over and acting work in the past. And I can speak Old English and Gothic (sort of) so the pronunciation of Germanic and even Celtic should be no problem for me.

And apparently I have a voice like James Earl Jones crossed with Barry White. :grin

Brilliant !
    PSYCHO V

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, Meditation 17)

Bruticus the Steadfast's Avatar Civitate

And apparently I have a voice like James Earl Jones crossed with Barry White.

Wow, I must hear that lol.
    Under the patronage of the Black Prince

I can contribute some Finnish, if needed. Though I dont understand where do you need scandinavic languages since your not making voices for rebel factions.. ..But you can count on me.

(Guess I can just take the microphone with to the bar this weekend and you'll have some genuine barbarian brawling :happy)
    "Vino Veritas"
    -Unknown

Marcus_Suecius's Avatar Tiro

Swedish. And I can impersonate danish (like swedish but with mouth full of porage(?))
    You say tomato, I say **** OFF!

Artifex

Shigawire insists that first-language phonetic language speakers (such as German and Scandinavian languages) make the best pronunciation of ancient languages where no one speaks it as a first language anymore. That is what he needs, so that is what I'm asking for. I'm sure he will be contacting people to work on some of our needs. Thanks!

Swedish. And I can impersonate danish (like swedish but with mouth full of porage(?))
    .. :lol ..

I've always laughed at how they talk.. ..it really sounds like that.. :happy
    "Vino Veritas"
    -Unknown

Sadly only one person has responded directly to our plea for help with proto-germanic voice-acting.
    We really could need help here.
    So stand up, if you want your own voice as germanic Kuningaz.

@Ariovist
    So you are not in need of native-Finnish speaker? Finnish is not a germanic language, but is, for example related to hungarian and other eastern european languages.

Anyway, if you have any need for my voice, please feel free to PM me.
    "Vino Veritas"
    -Unknown

I don't think we need a finnish speaker, but we could use somebody who can browse books in Finnish libraries about Saamis and proto-Saamis, their culture and language. PM me if you want to try.
    Shorter of breath,
    one day closer to death.

AlCord's Avatar Semisalis

Well, I think the problem is that only a few people have a good micro such as me

Flavius Nevitta's Avatar Civitate

Well I could try. I speak German. Especially some dialects. my native dialect hasn't followed all the vowel changes of german through history. It is closer to middle german than to modern (Alemannian dialects). I also had some language studies at uni. Can't promise anything but I could give it a try if you want.
    RESTITVTOR LIBERTATIS ET ROMANAE RELIGIONIS

MINERVAE ET SOLIS INVICTI DISCIPVLVS

formerly known as L.C.Cinna

Well, first post here, and I just happened onto this thread.

What are the requirements to being a voice? German (Hochdeutsch) is my first language, and I speak it fluently...although probably with a tinge of English since I have been living in the United States for ten years.

Hi there...

my native language is german i´ve also some voice-acting experience.

Greetz

Matze

Artifex

We could really use an Ossetian speaker.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast