Thread: Sick and tired

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Default Sick and tired

I'm still not feeling well, so my wife is making me go to bed early. I'll be back later.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Finch's Avatar is Deadpool
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Sick and tired

Get well soon friend

Primicerius

Hey, we need you healthy and lively for modding work. Did I say work? I meant fun.

Just kidding, hope you get back on your feet soon.

Eat Meat Whale Meat
    Technical Staff Citizen Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Fruit juice = teh win.

Delvecchio1975's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Fruit juice = diarrhea.
    corrected.
    Science flies you to the moon.
    Religion flies you into buildings.

Victor Stenger

Feeling a little better. Had to work yesterday, so was really pooped by the time I got home. Thanks for the well-wishes and advice. I'm heavily self-medicating with Yogi throat tea, but that has a similar digestive effect as the one Delvecchio noted. Eh, at least it makes my throat hurt less.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

MasterOfThessus's Avatar RTR Betateam Leader

Get well soon

(Don't you love the smiles at this forum?)

Thanks!

Wow, I've never seen two of those before, and I check the list every now and then just for fun. I swear they're making it bigger all the time.

Sadly, I was too tired to mod much today, and I'll be out for much of next week at a wedding (wife's friend). I was hoping to have 3.5 done by April, but I got a new assignment at work (competitively selected...ironically, all of this computer stuff I'm learning for the mod has actually helped me at my non-computer-related job) and things have been pretty crazy.

I did get a little writing done, though. It's a little safer to do when you're sick, since it's a lot easier to debug an English sentence than code.* I think I understand "Timidi mater non flet" better now. I mean, I've seen the Pieta, but I don't really get sculpture the way I get prose.** Trying to write dialogue for a woman with a brave son really brought it home.

*At least Word doesn't CTD if I leave a dangling modifier. Yet. I hope I haven't just given M$ any ideas.
    **Or maybe a 21-year-old guy isn't really going to get the Pieta no matter how long he stares at it.
    Last edited by Quinn Inuit; April 18, 2009 at 10:09 PM.

Ahoy! I just got back to town from a short trip to visit some of my wife's friends and family. Time to get caught up here...and at my day job, too.

decimator22's Avatar Vicarius

Good thing your up and running again Quinn. Hopefully you don't leave in Mexico and don't have to worry of the Swine Flu.

Nope, but I do have an annoying chest cough that I can't seem to shake. At least the congestion is nearly gone. *sigh* The flesh is so distracting. If 'twere not for the fair sex I'd soooo upload myself as an AI.