View Poll Results: Should the Lancers be kept in the Next Update?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I like them even though they are historically incorrect

15 65.22%
  • No, I hate them they are historically incorrect

8 34.78%
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: STAND-ALONE UNIT PACKS

Icon10 STAND-ALONE UNIT PACKS

STAND ALONE UNIT PACKS

CONTENTS:

NEW UNIT: British Line Infantry - French Indian War Version
    (also available as a replacement texture for regular line infantry:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=257156)
    Texture Legofingers
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    DOWNLOAD LINK http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2YTRNZW3

NEW UNIT: Hessian Grenadiers
    Texture Legofingers - Unit Creation Legofingers
    DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LUXVPCKS
    NEW UNIT: Dismounted Dragoons
    Texture Kave-In - Unit Creation Legofingers
    DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TA3TLVQI

NEW UNIT: Highland Infantry
    Texture Kave-In - Unit Creation, Drummer & Standard Legofingers
    DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GF1ROPO5

British Lancers
    Unit Creation & Texture Legofingers

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=47WJCF05

Queen's Rangers Hussars

Textures Kave-In
    - Unit Creation Legofingers - Unit Card Legofingers - Officer & Bugler Dynamo11

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JMA41J3M

1st Rhode Island Regiment
    Textures
    Kave-In - Unit Creation Legofingers - Unit Card ToonTotalWar

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=41W0Z93Z

1st Royal Highland Emigrants
    Textures Kave-In - Officer, Drummer & Standard Bearer Dynamo11 - Unit Creation Legofingers - Unit Card Legofingers

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DWLKN5W5

Queen's Rangers Dragoons

Texture Kave-In - Unit Creation Legofingers - Unit Card ToonTotalWar

DOWLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W3N5D7AE

British Hussars
    New Texture & Officer Texture Kave-In - Officer Creation Dynamo11 - Unit Creation Legofingers
    - Unit Card Legofingers

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WFZJ6XZT

Lord Dunmore's Ethiopian Line Infantry
    Texture Kave-In - Unit creation Legofingers

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DAABLPCG

Queen's Rangers Light Infantry
    Textures Kave-In - Officer & Bugler Dynamo11 - Unit Creation Legofingers - Unit Card Toontotalwar

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UGGJI6FF

BRITISH Re-Texture.pack

British Line Infantry - French Indian War VersionNEW
    Texture Legofingers

Hessian Line Infantry
    Texture Legofingers

Line Infantry
    Texture Legofingers

Light Infantry
    Texture Legofingers

Green Jackets
    Texture Legofingers

Foot Artillery
    Texture 33orion77

Horse Artillery
    Texture 33orion77

Elite Artillery
    Texture 33orion77

Regiment of Horse
    Texture Legofingers

Heavy Cavalry / General's Bodyguard
    Texture Legofingers

Guard Infantry
    Texture Legofingers

Musician One
    Texture Legofingers

DONWLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KN859BE2
    BRITISH RE-TEXTURE THREAD LINK:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=257156

LEGO_LOC.PACK - NEEDED For the names of all units to show up in-game
    DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W9L108XZ
    If any unit names FAIL to show up in-game then please re-download the lego_loc and they will be there
    • All units are stand-alone, and all are recruitable in the main campaign or usable in custom battle. All but the 1st Rhode Island Regiment of Grenadiers are recruitable by Britain.
    • All units make use of the AOR (Area Of Recruitment) to an extent, i.e. all but the British Hussars and Lancers are only recruitable in the American theatre.
    • There is a unit-cap on all units except the British Hussars and lancers, these two units are only recruitable in Europe.
    • All units statistics and sizes are based on Darth's Mod.
    • All units are fully complete except for the unit info card (when you right click during the campaign)

Extract both files into: Program_files/steam/steamaps/data & use modmanager to enable for 1st time playing with them.
    (They shouldn't clash with anything although I am new to this so if there are any problems please post here)

If you are not using the ModManager then enter this on the user script: mod "lego.pack";

For single unit packs no using the ModManager then enter the name of the pack: mod "queens_rangers.pack";
    CREDITS:
    LtChambers - Mod Manager & Pack File Manager
    The Phenom, Power Wizard & MrThib - Tutorials
    Vanquisher - Blank gloss.map DDS
    Kave-In - Textures for Queen's Rangers Light Infantry, Officer & Bugler Textures
    Dynamo11 - For modding the Officer & Bugler in the Queen's Rangers Light Infantry
    Toontotalwar - Queen's Rangers Light Infantry & British Hussars Unit Cards
    SwissHalberdier - For his great help with the informing me how to edit the unit descriptions
    33orion77 - For his re-textures of the British Artillery, Foot, Horse & Elite

Check out these 2 great threads

Dynamo11's Sharpe Quotes Mod:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=256295
    Kave-In's Units & Textures: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=251877
    +Rep to these fine men
    SOURCES:
    Mr. Fingers

Last edited by Actus Reus; May 05, 2009 at 05:49 PM.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: British Hussars Released - 1st Legopack

Moved to released mods.

Default Re: Legopack v0.1 - British Hussars Released

RESERVED

Last edited by Actus Reus; May 04, 2009 at 02:00 PM.

Theoo's Avatar Centenarius
    wherever diplomecy needde!!! hehe just are kidding im iceland from

i like it.. im gona have to test it tomorow becus me steam isnt starting up laughing out loud..whats wrong with that thing
    89% of teens would die today if Facebook was destroyed. if you are one of the 11% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.
    65 percent of teenagers spend more time watching TV rather then reading ,if you are part of the 35 percent who read more than watch TV and are proud of it, copy and paste this into your profile.
    98 percent of the population has a myspace. If you're one of the 2 percent that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this in your profile
    93 percent of teenagers would have an emotional breakdown if someone called them a freak. If you are part of the 7 percent that would say "What was your first clue?", copy this onto your profile'

Thanks

I am not at home at the moment, so have no idea what could be wrong with steam.
    If you are trying to launch the game via your games list on the steam program it doesnt work for me sometimes it tells me that "the game is temporarily unavailable please try again later".

If you havent tried already, just try and launch the game via your desktop shortcut or the start up menu, if not then no idea sorry.

Theoo's Avatar Centenarius
    wherever diplomecy needde!!! hehe just are kidding im iceland from

nah when i try to log in it just says logging in forever.. this happen plenty times laughing out loud.. it alweys fixies itself the next day

sorry for offtopic
    89% of teens would die today if Facebook was destroyed. if you are one of the 11% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.
    65 percent of teenagers spend more time watching TV rather then reading ,if you are part of the 35 percent who read more than watch TV and are proud of it, copy and paste this into your profile.
    98 percent of the population has a myspace. If you're one of the 2 percent that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this in your profile
    93 percent of teenagers would have an emotional breakdown if someone called them a freak. If you are part of the 7 percent that would say "What was your first clue?", copy this onto your profile'

Kave-In's Avatar Libertus

Looking good! d/l now

Thx 4 the offer of help m8 but Toontotalwar is sorting my 1st Rhode Islanders out.
    I'd love it if u could add my 17th Leicestershire Regiment in yr mod though (be good to have them as a stand alone Regiment) ........ Np if you don't ,but if u don't ask etc... etc ...

Looking forward to yr Queens Rangers (almost started doing them myself) ...
    Found this pic, may help u out a little :

Last edited by Kave-In; April 17, 2009 at 07:57 PM.

@Theoo - Thats really strange steam behaving so badly, maybe restart your PC and maybe write steam an angry e-mail, hope it starts working for you again soon.

@Kave-In - Thats cool Toontotalwar is healping you out he'll probably get things done way quicker than I would due to my lack of experience, and sure it would be great to have are honourable ol'boys from Leicester as a stand alone regiment on my lego.pack, if you have any other ideas or skins you wouldnt mind letting me put in the pack in the future that would be awesome!

I almost want to hold off on the texture for the Queen's Rangers as I'm sure by your evidence you would do them much more justice (great pic btw where did you get if from?).

Mr. Fingers
    Last edited by Actus Reus; April 19, 2009 at 03:30 PM.

Great news m8!

You're welcome to use any skin I make m8. I've always wanted more than one line regiment etc playable in game so it's all good

Working on a skin atm . Almost done just can't do gloss maps as my picture programme don't have 'alpha channels (the one i'm useing at the moment is showing up on skin a little )

Skin so far :

Your Hussar skin is very good so I'm sure you'll do a great job on the Queens Rangers btw!!!

Above pic' and the Queens Ranger one from 'Osprey American Loyalist Troops'

Looking at yr first post I see "My next project " Hussars of the Queen's Rangers" I think I'll have a go at the Queens Rangers light infantry Unit in that case to go with yr Hussars

Thanks for letting me use your skins for the units on my patch

That's a real big help, I have photoshop but I'm not very practised and find it a bit overwhelming and more than a little frustrating (but I'm not gonna give up).

I will list every unit included on the pack and make sure right next to the name of every unit you provided the skin for is your name underlined and in a different colour so people know its your work.
    The same goes for anyone else who wants to contribute.

The "Royal Highland Emigrants of Quebec" look pretty damn cool so far, I especially like their under clothes if you will, the shade of brown in contrast to the white sock-type-things (I don't know any of the proper names).
    Well I'm guessing they should probably only consist on 1 or 2 regiments and only be recruitable from Quebec, when taken by the British?

As for that, I currently have no idea how to affect these things, I haven't been home for 2 days, but tomorrow I'm going to give it a long hard study.
    My intention is to examine what I can from the Hessian units available in vanilla campaign and see if I can work out how the recruitment cap is enabled for them, then apply this to other units like the ones we have discussed, I know there is also a AOR (Area Of Recruitment) tutorial already out there but haven't looked at it as of yet.

The Queen's Rangers Light Infantry is a great idea!

The futures bright, the futures lego

Didn't turn out to bad .. though I say so myself

I used the 'euro_jaeger_diffuse' hope that won't to a problem making them British (know nothing about modding files as I've said)
    Last edited by Kave-In; April 18, 2009 at 03:09 PM.

They look FG COOL!

Dont worry about what the dds files are called I can rename them, so it wont affect anything.

I CANT wait to get home now and create the suitable unit.

Do you have any info on them? Like how many regiments should you be allowed to recruit and where should you be able to recruit them from? Same goes for the Queen's Rangers Hussars.

I will do some research tonight as well

Edid: I think the dark shade of green is perfect!
    Last edited by Actus Reus; April 18, 2009 at 03:20 PM.

Thats a great site, instantly added to favourites.

I feel pretty dumb, I didnt realise that the Queens Rangers where the correct name for Rogers Rangers, or more like Rogers Rangers were one of the regiments in the Queens Rangers. I dont know whether to change Rogers men to light infantry using your skin or leave them as they are.
    The light inf skin you have done sure as hell looks better than the one they currently have (in my opinion).

It mentions on that site about info they provided for the Ray Mears program on Rogers Rangers I saw that it was very interesting (offtopic apologies)

Quote Originally Posted by Legofingers View Post
    Thats a great site, instantly added to favourites.

I feel pretty dumb, I didnt realise that the Queens Rangers where the correct name for Rogers Rangers, or more like Rogers Rangers were one of the regiments in the Queens Rangers. I dont know whether to change Rogers men to light infantry using your skin or leave them as they are.
    The light inf skin you have done sure as hell looks better than the one they currently have (in my opinion).

It mentions on that site about info they provided for the Ray Mears program on Rogers Rangers I saw that it was very interesting (offtopic apologies)
    I believe Rogers Rangers were from the Frence Indian war , the same rogers then went on to form the Queens Rangers for the war of independence .

Wikipedia: At the outbreak of the American Revolution at Lexington and Concord, former Rangers were among the Minutemen firing at the British. After these events, Robert Rogers offered his help to the commander of the Colonial Army, George Washington. Washington refused, fearing that Rogers was a spy because Rogers had just returned from a long stay in England. Rogers was infuriated by this and did indeed join the British--forming the Queen's Rangers (1776) and later the King's Rangers

So it's ok to have both in game

Cool thats one less worry then

Do you mind letting me use the new skin you have done for the Queen's Rangers light infantry for tomorrow?

I really want to add them 1st, I'll try and have them and the Queen's Rangers Hussars on by tomorrow afternoon (fingers crossed).

I have PM'd Swiss Halberdier about information regarding making units available once certain techs have been researched as this will be needed for the light infantry, and I need to make custom unit cards and also edit the unit text descriptions.

Yup gonna be along day tomorrow, but I'll work as fast as I can and get up as early as I can (for a Sunday) an upload em soon as I finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Legofingers View Post
    Cool thats one less worry then

Do you mind letting me use the new skin you have done for the Queen's Rangers light infantry for tomorrow?

I really want to add them 1st, I'll try and have them and the Queen's Rangers Hussars on by tomorrow afternoon (fingers crossed).

I'll stick them on file front now m8 and pm u link.

Quote Originally Posted by Kave-In View Post
    I'll stick them on file front now m8 and pm u link.
    Woooo Hoooo !

I'll start work 1st thing, thanks mate

I don't know if this is possible (or if you'll have the time from the sound of it) but could u add a black strap to the Rangers???
    Just an idea np if you can't/don't want 2

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast