View Poll Results: Should the Lancers be kept in the Next Update?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I like them even though they are historically incorrect

15 65.22%
  • No, I hate them they are historically incorrect

8 34.78%
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: STAND-ALONE UNIT PACKS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Icon10 STAND-ALONE UNIT PACKS

STAND ALONE UNIT PACKS

CONTENTS:

NEW UNIT: British Line Infantry - French Indian War Version
    (also available as a replacement texture for regular line infantry:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=257156)
    Texture Legofingers
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    DOWNLOAD LINK http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2YTRNZW3

NEW UNIT: Hessian Grenadiers
    Texture Legofingers - Unit Creation Legofingers
    DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LUXVPCKS
    NEW UNIT: Dismounted Dragoons
    Texture Kave-In - Unit Creation Legofingers
    DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TA3TLVQI

NEW UNIT: Highland Infantry
    Texture Kave-In - Unit Creation, Drummer & Standard Legofingers
    DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GF1ROPO5

British Lancers
    Unit Creation & Texture Legofingers

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=47WJCF05

Queen's Rangers Hussars

Textures Kave-In
    - Unit Creation Legofingers - Unit Card Legofingers - Officer & Bugler Dynamo11

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JMA41J3M

1st Rhode Island Regiment
    Textures
    Kave-In - Unit Creation Legofingers - Unit Card ToonTotalWar

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=41W0Z93Z

1st Royal Highland Emigrants
    Textures Kave-In - Officer, Drummer & Standard Bearer Dynamo11 - Unit Creation Legofingers - Unit Card Legofingers

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DWLKN5W5

Queen's Rangers Dragoons

Texture Kave-In - Unit Creation Legofingers - Unit Card ToonTotalWar

DOWLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W3N5D7AE

British Hussars
    New Texture & Officer Texture Kave-In - Officer Creation Dynamo11 - Unit Creation Legofingers
    - Unit Card Legofingers

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WFZJ6XZT

Lord Dunmore's Ethiopian Line Infantry
    Texture Kave-In - Unit creation Legofingers

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DAABLPCG

Queen's Rangers Light Infantry
    Textures Kave-In - Officer & Bugler Dynamo11 - Unit Creation Legofingers - Unit Card Toontotalwar

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UGGJI6FF

BRITISH Re-Texture.pack

British Line Infantry - French Indian War VersionNEW
    Texture Legofingers

Hessian Line Infantry
    Texture Legofingers

Line Infantry
    Texture Legofingers

Light Infantry
    Texture Legofingers

Green Jackets
    Texture Legofingers

Foot Artillery
    Texture 33orion77

Horse Artillery
    Texture 33orion77

Elite Artillery
    Texture 33orion77

Regiment of Horse
    Texture Legofingers

Heavy Cavalry / General's Bodyguard
    Texture Legofingers

Guard Infantry
    Texture Legofingers

Musician One
    Texture Legofingers

DONWLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KN859BE2
    BRITISH RE-TEXTURE THREAD LINK:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=257156

LEGO_LOC.PACK - NEEDED For the names of all units to show up in-game
    DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W9L108XZ
    If any unit names FAIL to show up in-game then please re-download the lego_loc and they will be there
    • All units are stand-alone, and all are recruitable in the main campaign or usable in custom battle. All but the 1st Rhode Island Regiment of Grenadiers are recruitable by Britain.
    • All units make use of the AOR (Area Of Recruitment) to an extent, i.e. all but the British Hussars and Lancers are only recruitable in the American theatre.
    • There is a unit-cap on all units except the British Hussars and lancers, these two units are only recruitable in Europe.
    • All units statistics and sizes are based on Darth's Mod.
    • All units are fully complete except for the unit info card (when you right click during the campaign)

Extract both files into: Program_files/steam/steamaps/data & use modmanager to enable for 1st time playing with them.
    (They shouldn't clash with anything although I am new to this so if there are any problems please post here)

If you are not using the ModManager then enter this on the user script: mod "lego.pack";

For single unit packs no using the ModManager then enter the name of the pack: mod "queens_rangers.pack";
    CREDITS:
    LtChambers - Mod Manager & Pack File Manager
    The Phenom, Power Wizard & MrThib - Tutorials
    Vanquisher - Blank gloss.map DDS
    Kave-In - Textures for Queen's Rangers Light Infantry, Officer & Bugler Textures
    Dynamo11 - For modding the Officer & Bugler in the Queen's Rangers Light Infantry
    Toontotalwar - Queen's Rangers Light Infantry & British Hussars Unit Cards
    SwissHalberdier - For his great help with the informing me how to edit the unit descriptions
    33orion77 - For his re-textures of the British Artillery, Foot, Horse & Elite

Check out these 2 great threads

Dynamo11's Sharpe Quotes Mod:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=256295
    Kave-In's Units & Textures: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=251877
    +Rep to these fine men
    SOURCES:
    Mr. Fingers

Last edited by Actus Reus; May 05, 2009 at 05:49 PM.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: British Hussars Released - 1st Legopack

Moved to released mods.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

I can't stand megal upload, can the Hex code is barely reabable by my poor eyes.
    Also, the advertisement is horrible, can you please change the download sites to like good old file front?

You guys still working on new units?

Default Re: Legopack v0.1 - British Hussars Released

RESERVED

Last edited by Actus Reus; May 04, 2009 at 02:00 PM.

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

Great stuff so far Legofingers I really like what you have done so far + rep
    especially looking forward to these. Next on your list I hope

Quote Originally Posted by Legofingers View Post
    CURRENT PROJECT: Re-Textures

Re-Texture: British Regiment of Horse

Re-Texture: British Foot Artillery

Re-Texture: British Horse Artillery

Re-Texture: British Drummers

Re-Texture: British Officers

Re-Texture: British Heavy Cavalry

Re-Texture: British Generals Bodyguard

Re-Texture: British Guard Infantry

& More that is currently to be decided

For Pics and more info on these units go here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=251605
    Kave-In
    's Thread
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

@ ToonTotalWar..

I do think its a good idea putting all of our work together into an all-in-one British army pack, but also keep them seperate at the same time, just in case there are units that people would rather not have in either pack.. and I know Kave-In (&Think Dynamo11) are easy going about the use of whats been done, so when the pack has grown a little more we should probably do that.

Just wanted to keep going the way things are going at the moment cos its working really well.

@STOMPA...

Thanks..

I'm working on the list now, already have a couple done & Kave-In has already been in touch with a NEW unit to add to the next update which I'll add to the current project post soon..

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Legofingers View Post
    @ ToonTotalWar..

I do think its a good idea putting all of our work together into an all-in-one British army pack, but also keep them seperate at the same time, just in case there are units that people would rather not have in either pack.. and I know Kave-In (&Think Dynamo11) are easy going about the use of whats been done, so when the pack has grown a little more we should probably do that.

Just wanted to keep going the way things are going at the moment cos its working really well.

@STOMPA...

Thanks..

I'm working on the list now, already have a couple done & Kave-In has already been in touch with a NEW unit to add to the next update which I'll add to the current project post soon..
    No probs mate, will send you pack have a look and let me know what you think in these early stages!
    Great work on those units mate!, not sure if i had complimented you

You guys are real GB fans, your light infantry reskin (With light infantry horn symbol) look like Adolph Hitler.

Theoo's Avatar Centenarius
    wherever diplomecy needde!!! hehe just are kidding im iceland from

i like it.. im gona have to test it tomorow becus me steam isnt starting up laughing out loud..whats wrong with that thing
    89% of teens would die today if Facebook was destroyed. if you are one of the 11% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.
    65 percent of teenagers spend more time watching TV rather then reading ,if you are part of the 35 percent who read more than watch TV and are proud of it, copy and paste this into your profile.
    98 percent of the population has a myspace. If you're one of the 2 percent that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this in your profile
    93 percent of teenagers would have an emotional breakdown if someone called them a freak. If you are part of the 7 percent that would say "What was your first clue?", copy this onto your profile'

Thanks

I am not at home at the moment, so have no idea what could be wrong with steam.
    If you are trying to launch the game via your games list on the steam program it doesnt work for me sometimes it tells me that "the game is temporarily unavailable please try again later".

If you havent tried already, just try and launch the game via your desktop shortcut or the start up menu, if not then no idea sorry.

Kave-In's Avatar Libertus

Looking good! d/l now

Thx 4 the offer of help m8 but Toontotalwar is sorting my 1st Rhode Islanders out.
    I'd love it if u could add my 17th Leicestershire Regiment in yr mod though (be good to have them as a stand alone Regiment) ........ Np if you don't ,but if u don't ask etc... etc ...

Looking forward to yr Queens Rangers (almost started doing them myself) ...
    Found this pic, may help u out a little :

Last edited by Kave-In; April 17, 2009 at 07:57 PM.

@Theoo - Thats really strange steam behaving so badly, maybe restart your PC and maybe write steam an angry e-mail, hope it starts working for you again soon.

@Kave-In - Thats cool Toontotalwar is healping you out he'll probably get things done way quicker than I would due to my lack of experience, and sure it would be great to have are honourable ol'boys from Leicester as a stand alone regiment on my lego.pack, if you have any other ideas or skins you wouldnt mind letting me put in the pack in the future that would be awesome!

I almost want to hold off on the texture for the Queen's Rangers as I'm sure by your evidence you would do them much more justice (great pic btw where did you get if from?).

Mr. Fingers
    Last edited by Actus Reus; April 19, 2009 at 03:30 PM.

Great news m8!

You're welcome to use any skin I make m8. I've always wanted more than one line regiment etc playable in game so it's all good

Working on a skin atm . Almost done just can't do gloss maps as my picture programme don't have 'alpha channels (the one i'm useing at the moment is showing up on skin a little )

Skin so far :

Your Hussar skin is very good so I'm sure you'll do a great job on the Queens Rangers btw!!!

Above pic' and the Queens Ranger one from 'Osprey American Loyalist Troops'

Looking at yr first post I see "My next project " Hussars of the Queen's Rangers" I think I'll have a go at the Queens Rangers light infantry Unit in that case to go with yr Hussars

Theoo's Avatar Centenarius
    wherever diplomecy needde!!! hehe just are kidding im iceland from

nah when i try to log in it just says logging in forever.. this happen plenty times laughing out loud.. it alweys fixies itself the next day

sorry for offtopic
    89% of teens would die today if Facebook was destroyed. if you are one of the 11% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.
    65 percent of teenagers spend more time watching TV rather then reading ,if you are part of the 35 percent who read more than watch TV and are proud of it, copy and paste this into your profile.
    98 percent of the population has a myspace. If you're one of the 2 percent that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this in your profile
    93 percent of teenagers would have an emotional breakdown if someone called them a freak. If you are part of the 7 percent that would say "What was your first clue?", copy this onto your profile'

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

The Queen's Rangers uniforms kinda remind me of the Rifle Battalions throughout the Peninsula War (and indeed Waterloo).
    Are they linked in any way???

@ Kave-In Yeah thats a good picture I found that one last night just before bed-time also

@ Swiss Halberdier Thanks I want to make this thread contain links to info about every unit that gets made and my 2nd post on the thread is going to be used for current project and updated accordingly

@ Dynamo11 I am not sure of the direct link between uniforms and have no information to support that theory, however the info me and Kave-In have on Roger's Rangers and the Queen's Rangers reveals that they were a big step in the modernisation of the British forces in the way of suvival and camoflage use (i.e. using a dark green instead of the lovely but quite obvious bright red that was traditional).

So I think they are probably related as the rifle regiments of the Napoleonic wars would have fought tacticaly more like the troops of today than the previous line-infantry.

Going on information provided by Sharpe and a few internet sources.

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Legofingers I here your the modder of the duo and was wondering are you going to add any 'new' officers.
    I feel that (mainly the Light Infantry) will be spoiled by either a bright red officer or an officer that doesn't really fit into a rangers unit.
    I've already talked to Kave-In about it and I think I might be able to make the officers just not the skin.
    However he mentioned you might be doing something about it already so I was just double checking.

If you need my help just PM me

Ok..

I have the new Queen's Rangers Light Infantry all but ready!

I'm stuck with the stupid gloss.map, and cant get the great skin provided to work properly, I have looked at the tutorial and painted the alpha channel parts black but then in-game the units have those same areas coloured black!!!

If anyone can help resolve this situation, then it would be most appreciated as other than this they are 99% done..

I say 99% done because Dynamo11 has recently offered to produce the Officer and possibly the bugle player for the unit , so once the gloss.map situation has been resolved and the officer is added, I only need to finish the AOR & unit card then release.

So should still be later on today, the sooner advice is given for the gloss.map the sooner release, cos I hate texturing (sometimes)

edit: Tis all ok now (thanks to Vanquisher)
    Last edited by Actus Reus; April 19, 2009 at 11:45 AM.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast