Thread: Map Sizes

Default Map Sizes

Hi, I've been trying out the maps on commander edition, and while I find the feel of the game far more realistic and impressive I find the maps, however, far to small for larger unit sizes. To explain, its just not practical to have units more than four ranks deep, strategically at least. And with this true units at the larger size settings can easily span the entire map, and no flanking can occur because there is no flank. Now I don't know if it is possible to expand the maps but I think this would greatly enhance the game experience and allow for some truly epic battles. I hope this is useful.

Cheers

Default Re: Map Sizes

Indeed, you are right.
    Maybe CA should consider creating some bigger maps, or extending the current ones.

Default Re: Map Sizes

That would be lovely....to see at least 3-5 times bigger maps......with the big unit sizes......it would mean more tactical playing...more skirmishes over the whole battlefield, choke points etc...more variability...not just full frontal/flanking attacks etc......but then again...sometimes now battles take a long time (unless you use time limits for battles - I don't ) with bigger maps..the TIME spent in one battle would be immense......think of the hunt for the Routing units......