Thread: Big Blue

Default Big Blue

I imagine that everybody is having problems with the SUPER SELEUCID FACTION, if you don't face it in early years, in late game will have enought money to do full stacks armies everywere, and this is really a pain in the ass.
    I just wanna know if anyone had seen fall this SUPER SELEUCID FACTION by the IA, without your help, I don't know, maybe by the Ptoleamic Empire.
    BTW, I play everytime in VH/VH so I have to fight EVERY Battle in the game, and I don't know, but maybe this become SUPER SELEUCID FACTIOn more stronge?

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Default Re: Big Blue

The Seleucid Mega Faction is often destroyed by the Ptolemaic Mega Faction, which then procedes to destroy everything else and reunite Alexander's Empire.

The game is set up right now so that big factions have significant advantages over smaller factions. See the "Slowing Down the Game" thread for details. I think Quinn is making changes for the next version to limit those advantages, but right now the Seleucids are rampant.

Where is that "slowing down the game"? I can't find it.

Last edited by Rameth; April 16, 2009 at 05:04 PM.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Yeah, balancing is better now than it was, but we still have much left to accomplish.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Primicerius

My Big Blue is destroyed by the Yellow Fever. Every time. I have yet to have a game where TSE beats the Ptoly's. TSE might start well and destroy Pontus/Galatia/Parthia/Baktria, but I've seen them still lose, after killing everyone else, to the Ptolemies. Idiots.

Switch's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Scutarii View Post
    My Big Blue is destroyed by the Yellow Fever. Every time. I have yet to have a game where TSE beats the Ptoly's. TSE might start well and destroy Pontus/Galatia/Parthia/Baktria, but I've seen them still lose, after killing everyone else, to the Ptolemies. Idiots.
    See, I almost without fail see TSE overcome the Ptolemies and go on to occupy the entirety of the Near East and Asia Minor. It can go either way!