Thread: Declaring War

Foederatus

Default Declaring War

Sorry if there is a topic about this allready but I couldn't find it.

I was starting a new campaign as Prussia after I installed DarthMod (normal not commander). The're was not really a challenge thus far in E:TW (didn't really look for it though) so I gave it a try after good exp. for Darth R:TW.

Every game I started as Prussia I had someone declare war on me in turn 3 or 4.
    Game 1: Hannover, small, also Protestant and Friendly relation!
    Game 2: Denmark, no use as he could only attack my harbor (naval invasion anyone...), friendly relation and also protestant.
    Game 3: Austria (kinda liked that one) and after that the little protectorades of Poland/Lithuania declared war (also very nice, Poland stays clear and (tried to) kills of a regional opponent).

I really am bothered by the AI and other stuff but that (seemingly) random wardeclaring made me stop using you're mod. Hopefully I am wrong, otherwise I am awaiting a new Darth Release.

(PS: Playing on H/H)

Default Re: Declaring War

Darthmod, with all its great improvements, makes the AI much more aggressive. This is the reaon the they declared war on you. Maybe you should play on M/M if you want less wars.

Foederatus

I don't mind the wars, it made the game more exciting. Before I just waited untill my armies/navies were good enough to attack. I loved it that someone declared on me and attacked right away! It's because of the early ingame declarations (same turn). Two of them being a "minor" nation who had no chance or nothing to gain and having friendly relations.

Well....maybe Darths mode woke up the expansionist in them......and maybe the AI Analysed your position and the odds and calculated that it was the right time to attack...or maybe it was a hidden conspiracy plot.....who knows....but still it is fun. I am waging war with France for 20 years due to the fact that my protectorates Westphalia got attacked twice by them...for me it was a good excuse to go help my Protectorate and be able to obtain new lands...in the first 6 years I steam rolled the Americas Colonies (got U/L Louis, French Guyana, Newfoundland) in this new war that is going on for 2 years..I am preparing an invasion force on the borders of Strassburgh, since France took Savoy and is once again going for Westphalia....I guess I am just going to have to put them at rest for a while in Europe......although I have been at war with Sweden for 12 years know....they tend to surprise me sometimes.....

I must say one odd thing happened....the starfort that is next to Flanders borders near paris...France had there a FULL Stack when they declared the second season of French War......but after 2 turns..the army disapeared....also Austria is keepin a Half Stack next to France borders in Flanders (digging in) since the first season of French War, never moved anywhere in nearly 8 years.....but hey..good for me...one things less to bother....we are allies, military access, trade partners.....I don't think they would try to back stab me....even though...France was my trade partner too...with quite the cash flow.....hmm.....guess we will see

Beggar's Avatar Decanus

I don't think it's due to the Darthmod. I experienced such things in every single campaign I played in vanilla before DM release. As Sweden, for example, Courland and Denmark always attack very soon. And this happens in Darthmod also. It will be probably hard to change before the modding tools, or unless CA releases a patch that fixes such thing. Of course, I can't know that for sure since I'm not a modder myself

notger's Avatar Decanus

I was very concerned with this and tried Imperial Splendour.
    It is different, there.

Quote Originally Posted by notger View Post
    I was very concerned with this and tried Imperial Splendour.
    It is different, there.
    Meaning?

Bob the Insane's Avatar Semisalis

Well IS has been far more heavy handed with the campign AI and changing things...

Darth appears to have focused mainly on tweaking and balancing the AI to get the most out of it (other than the increase in unit sizes)...

Darth's is really vanilla enhanced... IS is another flavor all together and you either like it or you don't...
    "They are the devil's vegetable" - Captain Keeble, HMS Bulwark