Page 163 of 165 FirstFirst ... 63113138153154155156157158159160161162163164165 LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 3294

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

DeftlyPlayed's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Need Install Help - Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.6 - updated 21.10.17

Hi,

Trying to install AUM. Have got to the step 3.

It says here: "create or edit the file user.empire_script.txt in this folder"

This file does not exist for me so I guess I have to create one. How? The directions just say to create it but don't explain how to do this.

Can someone please explain how to do this?

Please go ahead and insult my intelligence. Speak to me as though I were a 10 year old. Simple, complete step by step, color by numbers level explanation.

Thanks in advance for your help with this! : )

Default Re: Need Install Help - Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.6 - updated 21.10.17

Quote Originally Posted by DeftlyPlayed View Post
    Hi,

Trying to install AUM. Have got to the step 3.

It says here: "create or edit the file user.empire_script.txt in this folder"

This file does not exist for me so I guess I have to create one. How? The directions just say to create it but don't explain how to do this.

Can someone please explain how to do this?

Please go ahead and insult my intelligence. Speak to me as though I were a 10 year old. Simple, complete step by step, color by numbers level explanation.

Thanks in advance for your help with this! : )

Sorry...forgot to tell you I am trying to install for ETW Vanilla. NOT Darthmod.

Just an FYI. Problem solved. I was having issues because I had put a user.empire_script.txt file in the correct folder but AUM was still not working; was not appearing in game play. I was assuming I was doing something wrong when I attempted to create the file. But, my Steam friend Cody712, pointed out to me the need for the English language .pack file to be placed in the data folder. See: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...pdated-30-3-18

When I did this AUM worked.

Laetus

Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

After recently jumping back onto the AUM mod, I've noticed that many of my DLC units aren't showing up in the campaign game anymore but are still available in the custom battle. Units from the Elites of America in particular are missing such as the 33rd line infantry, brunswicker dragoons ect (All British). Any ideas?

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the DLCs and checked the integrity of the files and all looks good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJohnson367 View Post
    You're welcome. I've been playing Empire because:
    1) I spent $20 for this game. Doesn't make sense to waste it.
    2) I've always seen the potential continuous play-ability in the game. It frustrates me that the developers at Creative Assembly couldn't fix the bugs I've witnesses or at least show their interested in helping the game with updates. I see games like "Left 4 Dead" and the most simple Visual Novels like "Everlasting Summer" in my library receive updates, though small and insignificant, it lets me know the game is still chugging its tracks.

And even after 9 years, modders like you are still here. Still modding, still improving. And a fan-base that still reports bugs for you.

Yes, lots of new units. I was playing Russia yesterday and it's not so bland anymore. Those extra units really help out. The DLC for the game didn't do much to help the Eastern Overlord.
    Thanks a lot and have fun to play with AUM!

Quote Originally Posted by DeftlyPlayed View Post
    Just an FYI. Problem solved. I was having issues because I had put a user.empire_script.txt file in the correct folder but AUM was still not working; was not appearing in game play. I was assuming I was doing something wrong when I attempted to create the file. But, my Steam friend Cody712, pointed out to me the need for the English language .pack file to be placed in the data folder. See: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...pdated-30-3-18
    When I did this AUM worked.
    Due to my busy real life I didn't logged in here for a while, so I didn't saw your help messages. Great that you could solve your problem.

Yes indeed for older games like Empire, Napoleon and Shogun 2 is the UPC language pack mandatory to install, as otherwise TW will crash with AUM.

Quote Originally Posted by fabc View Post
    After recently jumping back onto the AUM mod, I've noticed that many of my DLC units aren't showing up in the campaign game anymore but are still available in the custom battle. Units from the Elites of America in particular are missing such as the 33rd line infantry, brunswicker dragoons ect (All British). Any ideas?

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the DLCs and checked the integrity of the files and all looks good so far.
    That's strange that they don't appear anymore in the campaign as I didn't removed them in my last AUM-EMP version. Also I didn't changed the technology requirements of these special vanilla DLC units so far. Most of them can be recruited only once in the campaign. Yes it seems you did all right with checking the integrity of the vanilla files. I will check that issue.

I'm really lost with the installation instructions. After installing DME 8.1 Platinum, there is already a DME_AUM.pack marked 17.04.2010. Also, the UPC files included do not match the instructions, but is called DME_UPC_v6_3.pack.

EDIT: Solved this part, apparently it's by design - ((I get wonky units, duplicates with different stats, weird unit counts of 63.5 or 37.5 on recruitment that result in even different unit counts when recruited. See here: https://imgtc.com/a/wbGaA4J ))

I'm also not sure if I should replace the included DME_UPC_v6_3.pack with the UPC_English.pack. It looks as if DME already comes with an AUM version. Changing it results in bugs, as explained above.

I'm trying to do a clean install and this is how far I've gotten:
    - DME uninstalled with .bat
    - Cleaned data folder
    - Verified file integrity on Steam
    - Deleted pref files from %appdata% folder
    - Installed DME 8.0 and 8.1 patch
    - Dropped UPC_English.pack, noticed the existing DME_AUM and different UPC file name
    - ???
    Last edited by Zhokar; December 08, 2018 at 08:57 AM.
    "I'm playing the damn bongos and the world can go to hell."
    - James Dean

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Zhokar View Post
    I'm really lost with the installation instructions. After installing DME 8.1 Platinum, there is already a DME_AUM.pack marked 17.04.2010. Also, the UPC files included do not match the instructions, but is called DME_UPC_v6_3.pack.

EDIT: Solved this part, apparently it's by design - ((I get wonky units, duplicates with different stats, weird unit counts of 63.5 or 37.5 on recruitment that result in even different unit counts when recruited. See here: https://imgtc.com/a/wbGaA4J ))

I'm also not sure if I should replace the included DME_UPC_v6_3.pack with the UPC_English.pack. It looks as if DME already comes with an AUM version. Changing it results in bugs, as explained above.

I'm trying to do a clean install and this is how far I've gotten:
    - DME uninstalled with .bat
    - Cleaned data folder
    - Verified file integrity on Steam
    - Deleted pref files from %appdata% folder
    - Installed DME 8.0 and 8.1 patch
    - Dropped UPC_English.pack, noticed the existing DME_AUM and different UPC file name
    - ???
    DME does indeed already have a cut down version of AUM
    The simplest method for you to enjoy the latest AUM version would be to rename the two new AUM files to
    DME_AUM
    DME_UPC_v6_3
    this will of course overwrite the existing files, but will mean you will have the new files.

I would of course back-up(copy) and move the old DME files and put them in a separate folder
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Allright, I've replaced the files, now I just need to make sure not to revert back to vanilla, so I made the launcher always keep it DME-ready.

I'm also using the optional mods, so my user.dme_script.txt now has:

mod "aum_emp_mod_optional_backpack_removal.pack";
    mod "aum_emp_optional_graphics.pack";
    are the quotation marks correct? The vanilla scripts don't use those.

Edit: And thanks a lot for the prompt reply!
    "I'm playing the damn bongos and the world can go to hell."
    - James Dean

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Allright, I've replaced the files, now I just need to make sure not to revert back to vanilla, so I made the launcher always keep it DME-ready.

If you use the DME menu, at the top (the drop downs) edit - user_script, in the pop up box just type in the lines no need for ", they are added automatically, press add then update user script, rinse repeat for second line

Any questions just shout
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.2 updated

hey hey, first of all, thanks for the Mod! I downloaded/installed it today!

I really wanted to play around with Unit sizes and stats so I got PFM, and DB Editor, but there aren't any good guides :/
    But anyway, out of wanting something different out of the game I looked for mods and found yours,

It worked fine ! buuuuuuuuuut, Now playing as United provinces on the Grand Campaign map.. I've noticed I started getting more Light hussars even tho I did not recruit them..
    Then my 6lber horse artillary started changing into 24lber Howitzers! LOL so ye I realized my line infantry ( Regular ) is changing into Light Hussars when I replenish them after a fight.. Very unfortunate,
    Anyone that has heard of this issue and how to fix it?

Please speak in noobie tongue because as a native Dutch speaker, Guides and explanations have been hard to understand.. :/

Also if anyone feels like trying to spend some time helping me figure out how to "Succesfully" Edit unit stats/sizes/limits, I'd really be open for that and love it..
    I have Discord: Underpants#0001 it'd be much better through there..

Kind regards,

Underpants

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.2 updated

Quote Originally Posted by ♔hammeredalways♔ View Post
    DME does indeed already have a cut down version of AUM
    The simplest method for you to enjoy the latest AUM version would be to rename the two new AUM files to
    DME_AUM
    DME_UPC_v6_3
    this will of course overwrite the existing files, but will mean you will have the new files.

I would of course back-up(copy) and move the old DME files and put them in a separate folder
    Thanks as always hammeredalways!

Yes this is totally correct. My newest AUM-EMP and UPC-EMP files should be used and the original DME_AUM and UPC from DME should be removed or overwritten.

mod "aum_emp_mod_optional_backpack_removal.pack";
    mod "aum_emp_optional_graphics.pack";
    Basically both of these files are special file-types which load automatically if you put them into the data folder. There is no need to add it to the user script file. But it doesn't harm anything if you still add it.

Quote Originally Posted by underpantswt View Post
    hey hey, first of all, thanks for the Mod! I downloaded/installed it today!

I really wanted to play around with Unit sizes and stats so I got PFM, and DB Editor, but there aren't any good guides :/
    But anyway, out of wanting something different out of the game I looked for mods and found yours,

It worked fine ! buuuuuuuuuut, Now playing as United provinces on the Grand Campaign map.. I've noticed I started getting more Light hussars even tho I did not recruit them..
    Then my 6lber horse artillary started changing into 24lber Howitzers! LOL so ye I realized my line infantry ( Regular ) is changing into Light Hussars when I replenish them after a fight.. Very unfortunate,
    Anyone that has heard of this issue and how to fix it?

Please speak in noobie tongue because as a native Dutch speaker, Guides and explanations have been hard to understand.. :/

Also if anyone feels like trying to spend some time helping me figure out how to "Succesfully" Edit unit stats/sizes/limits, I'd really be open for that and love it..
    I have Discord: Underpants#0001 it'd be much better through there..

Kind regards,

Underpants
    Welcome to the forums! And thanks for your nice words!

I made a good starting tutorial here:

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/How_to_...Unit_Pack_Mods

No I never heard of such issues in my mods yet. Are you using other mods than AUM-EMP + UPC-EMP too?

i would really love to see an imperial destroyer version or submod of this! you got some of the finest units in aum & ornamentum

can we hope?

Quote Originally Posted by JeanPierre244 View Post
    i would really love to see an imperial destroyer version or submod of this! you got some of the finest units in aum & ornamentum
    can we hope?
    Thanks a lot for your nice words! It's really appreciated.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to create any new additional version of AUM-EMP for another major mod. But I would give the permission to the creator of Imperial Destroyer if he wants to adapt AUM-EMP to his mod as a submod version.

Really excellent mod. But is is possible to add this mini mod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ager-zu-Pferd) to the Addtional Units mod?

Greetings!

Quote Originally Posted by Luther93 View Post
    Really excellent mod. But is is possible to add this mini mod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ager-zu-Pferd) to the Addtional Units mod?
    Greetings!
    Thanks a lot! As I read through the description of your mentioned mod, it can be easily activated and played together with AUM-EMP.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...olish-Units-v2

This mod is compatible with yours addon?

ps. Mod which and previous mentioned is for Napoleon, my mistake. But I swear that I also saw a similar fashion for Prussia to Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Luther93 View Post
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...olish-Units-v2

This mod is compatible with yours addon?

ps. Mod which and previous mentioned is for Napoleon, my mistake. But I swear that I also saw a similar fashion for Prussia to Empire.
    Yes this mod should be compatible with AUM-EMP too. Also the unit names should be in the UPC-EMP language file. No problem and yes the other mod you mentioned should work with AUM-NAP and UPC-NAP too.

Any chance of you possibly adding extra recruitment options for the Warpath factions? It'd be great for Native Americans to be able to buy mercenary units.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceMaker123456 View Post
    Any chance of you possibly adding extra recruitment options for the Warpath factions? It'd be great for Native Americans to be able to buy mercenary units.
    I created a tutorial how to customize unit packs here where I also described how to add units to certain factions.

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/How_to_...Unit_Pack_Mods

Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.6 - updated 21.10.17

Quote Originally Posted by Major General Isaac Brock View Post
    Yes my sincere thanks Swiss.
    This was my first "must have" mod I plopped into my data folder, when I started playing ETW. Years later, it still is there,

Friends always, thanks
    Brian
    Brian,
    great mods and continuous support from Swiss and his tutorial on unit mods is very clear and easy to use. I personally still love ETW as one of my favorite games ever!
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox