Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.6 - updated 21.10.17

There are missing textures for some units so I am going to add them in like I did the icons. I dont know why Lordsith didnt add all the icons or texturs

Quote Originally Posted by Cody712 View Post
    There are missing textures for some units so I am going to add them in like I did the icons. I dont know why Lordsith didnt add all the icons or texturs
    It would be probably good if you inform Lordsith on his thread about these issues with my units, that he can fix them in his next update.

Hi, whenever I try and use the 4 field marshal units in custom battle the game crashes, not sure about in campaign however. Would you happen to know why?

Edit: looks like lordsith removed the buildings to recruit them, let me try adding it back in. Tried adding them back in building units allowed but game froze at starup.Also tried adding them to drill school, didnt work.I guess I wont bother with this.
    Last edited by Cody712; November 24, 2017 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody712 View Post
    Hi, whenever I try and use the 4 field marshal units in custom battle the game crashes, not sure about in campaign however. Would you happen to know why?

Edit: looks like lordsith removed the buildings to recruit them, let me try adding it back in. Tried adding them back in building units allowed but game froze at starup.Also tried adding them to drill school, didnt work.I guess I wont bother with this.
    No I don't know why as all my units and the included Ornamentum units are working fine in my official versions. Yes I guess too that you could probably encounter other bugs unfortunately. As I don't know which version of AUM-EMP Lordsith used in his Imperial Destroyer mod and if he updated it to my recent version.

Another solution to avoid constant bugs would be if you use my AUM-EMP vanilla version completely and put it on the top of the script file that it loads above all files. But of course the balance could be not perfect for it in Imperial Destroyer.

ariete's Avatar Foederatus

hi swiss,
    i would play AUM with another mod which allow me to play US in campaign mode.

is this compatible for my purpose? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ed-17-08-2011)
    as far as i read, i could play both, grand and warpath campaigns with the new unlocked american factions!
    do you know a better solution to use with your mod?

did you expand the vanilla/hiden units with more americans in AUM? i checked TAR but seems outdated. anyway i think i can't play this last with AUM, i mean, without bugs.
    thank you

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by ariete View Post
    hi swiss,
    did you expand the vanilla/hiden units with more americans in AUM? i checked TAR but seems outdated. anyway i think i can't play this last with AUM, i mean, without bugs.
    thank you
    i meant, what's the perfect combo for american theater?
    maybe with this one http://www.moddb.com/mods/regiments-...-revolution-v2
    Last edited by Frunk; November 26, 2017 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

Quote Originally Posted by ariete View Post
    hi swiss,
    i would play AUM with another mod which allow me to play US in campaign mode.

is this compatible for my purpose? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ed-17-08-2011)
    as far as i read, i could play both, grand and warpath campaigns with the new unlocked american factions!
    do you know a better solution to use with your mod?

thank you

EDIT:
    i meant, what's the perfect combo for american theater?
    maybe with this one http://www.moddb.com/mods/regiments-...-revolution-v2
    Yes AUM-EMP should work with husserlTW's Empire Total Factions. The other mod Regiments of American Revolution I don't know, but I guess it should work too. Just use the AUM-EMP vanilla version and also use the latest UPC-EMP language file as it is mandatory if using AUM-EMP. The only conflict which could be is, if the Regiments of American Revolution Mod has it's own language file too. As I didn't added this mod yet to the UPC-EMP supported mods.

werebear,<br>Swiss already has clansman and highlanders in the AUM 3.6 just released. As for unit caps that's super easy for you to do yourself. Use PFM open Aum 3.6, click on db, then click on unit tables, then click on aum units. line number 4 is euro_marines_elite and line number 70 is euro_marines_elite_ late. I think its the 15th column to the right that says total cap. Set the cap you want. Swiss has done so much for all of us gamers, show him some rep, that would be nice. ENJOY!!
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Hi Swiss,

your clansman an highlanders are sooooooooooooo fine made - I love them and wouldn`t start a campaign without them. In the Moment I am testing darth mod. I was searching for a long time to get those lovely british east india Company soldiers as a "unit pack". In the Mod "Indian Mutiny" the british soldiers have got so nice White hats. Do you know how I can get those BEIC-troops into my empire? And do you create more british troops in the DME_AUM? Your work is absolutely great!

Quote Originally Posted by ordoprinceps View Post
    werebear,<br>Swiss already has clansman and highlanders in the AUM 3.6 just released. As for unit caps that's super easy for you to do yourself. Use PFM open Aum 3.6, click on db, then click on unit tables, then click on aum units. line number 4 is euro_marines_elite and line number 70 is euro_marines_elite_ late. I think its the 15th column to the right that says total cap. Set the cap you want. Swiss has done so much for all of us gamers, show him some rep, that would be nice. ENJOY!!
    Thanks a lot my dear friend for all your help too!

Quote Originally Posted by Wombatmeister View Post
    Hi Swiss,
    your clansman an highlanders are sooooooooooooo fine made - I love them and wouldn`t start a campaign without them. In the Moment I am testing darth mod. I was searching for a long time to get those lovely british east india Company soldiers as a "unit pack". In the Mod "Indian Mutiny" the british soldiers have got so nice White hats. Do you know how I can get those BEIC-troops into my empire? And do you create more british troops in the DME_AUM? Your work is absolutely great!
    Thanks a lot Wombatmeister

No I don't know the mod "Indian Mutiny". No I don't plan to add more units to my AUM-EMP.

Hello Swiss! Still enjoying this superb mod, but I have one question: I'm playing with the Darthmod version, and I noticed the unit "Improved Indianman" being used by the Swedish, and also visible in the building chains for commercial docks. I thought that Darthmod disabled the trade ships? Is this a glitch on my end or something? Regardless, though, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lord of the Flies View Post
    Hello Swiss! Still enjoying this superb mod, but I have one question: I'm playing with the Darthmod version, and I noticed the unit "Improved Indianman" being used by the Swedish, and also visible in the building chains for commercial docks. I thought that Darthmod disabled the trade ships? Is this a glitch on my end or something? Regardless, though, well done!
    Thanks a lot Lord of the Flies

Yes Darth Vader disabled all vanilla trading ships and he gave to all other war ships the trading ability. I added also to all custom AUM war ships the trading ability. Yes this is a small bug it seems, that I forgot to disable my custom trading ships in the Darthmod version. Gameplay wise it shouldn't be a big error, as they can defend themselves, but I'll remove them in my next version.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification!

Hey Swiss I recently have gotten into mods and must say I love your mod and I can't play empire without it. However, I have always despised the platoon fire system in empire and downloaded another mod that replaced the shooting mechanics and infantry formations. The only problem is it only changed the vanilla units and makes units such as the Prussian Fusiliers obsolete to Line infantry who have the improved firing method. I am relatively new to the whole modding scene and am not very familiar with how exactly mods work and was wondering if you could help me, because I really want to combine the 2 mods. Here is the link to the mentioned firing mechanic mod

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...try-Formations

Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Ropadope022 View Post
    Hey Swiss I recently have gotten into mods and must say I love your mod and I can't play empire without it. However, I have always despised the platoon fire system in empire and downloaded another mod that replaced the shooting mechanics and infantry formations. The only problem is it only changed the vanilla units and makes units such as the Prussian Fusiliers obsolete to Line infantry who have the improved firing method. I am relatively new to the whole modding scene and am not very familiar with how exactly mods work and was wondering if you could help me, because I really want to combine the 2 mods. Here is the link to the mentioned firing mechanic mod

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...try-Formations

Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks a lot!

Goutlard is a great modder. Yes his mod does only apply to vanilla units and all units from custom unit pack mods like AUM-EMP don't use his changes and they must be customized. From what I read about his mod you could try to customize AUM-EMP. Unfortunately my time is very limited at the moment, but here are some hints.

Download the "Pack File Manager" and with this tool you can edit all .pack files from mods:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?759230

I wrote a tutorial how to customize all my AUM mods and check the section "How to remove abilities from units".
    http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/How_to_...Unit_Pack_Mods

Then you could check and compare the database tables "unit_to_unit_abilities_junctions_tables" in Goutlard's mod and what he mentioned in his section "Edited Firing Drills" and then remove all unwanted abilities/firing drills from all related "unit_to_unit_abilities_junctions_tables_*" AUM-EMP database tables.

Hey thank you so much for helping me out, I have one more probably dumb question but in the pack file manager is it possible to edit vanilla units and if so, do you know which file I would need to access?

Sorry to post again but I found the solution to make his mod compatible with yours and you simply have to enable skirmish mode in the pack file manager and they work together! I must say it is truly amazing what you guys can do with mods, in my opinion this is what the base game should have been, but it really makes me thankful that the Total War community has modders as talented as you guys. Thank you again so much, and I hope to test out your mods for the other games very soon!

Hey thank you so much for helping me out, I have one more probably dumb question but in the pack file manager is it possible to edit vanilla units and if so, do you know which file I would need to access?
    Ah no this isn't a dumb question, no problem. Yes it is possible to edit vanilla units with the PFM, but it is more complicated than just editing custom made mod pack files. Basically each TW game has the database tables normally in files called "main*.pack" or "data*.pack" and the patches for the games are mostly located in the "patch*.pack" files.

So for example if the core file is called "main*.pack" and the patches are called "patch*.pack", then the game loads first all stuff from the "main*.pack", then it loads "patch*.pack" and all "patch*.pack" files will overwrite the "main*.pack" stuff. Normally in the "patch*.pack" files is obviously not all from the "main*.pack" included, just the stuff that the developers patched.

So you would have to check the "patch*.pack" files for your wanted database tables. Then edit this "patch*.pack" file accordingly to your wishes. This would be the "easier" way.

But another note, it isn't recommended to edit the core or patch files directly. Instead copy the whole "patch*.pack" and rename it, delete all database tables and other folders which you don't edit, edit the stuff you want in the related database tables and choose File > Change pack type > choose mod > save the pack. This is of course the "not so easy" way, but highly recommended.

Then your changes of the vanilla tables will load as a normal mod and you can edit your script file to load it.

Sorry to post again but I found the solution to make his mod compatible with yours and you simply have to enable skirmish mode in the pack file manager and they work together! I must say it is truly amazing what you guys can do with mods, in my opinion this is what the base game should have been, but it really makes me thankful that the Total War community has modders as talented as you guys. Thank you again so much, and I hope to test out your mods for the other games very soon!
    Great that it works with this solution! Thanks a lot for the nice words. Yes sure if you own other TW games too, then you could try out my other AUM mods too.

Vanders's Avatar Civis

Swiss, is there any chance you could release a submod that just includes the vanilla unlocked units?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanders View Post
    Swiss, is there any chance you could release a submod that just includes the vanilla unlocked units?
    No I don't plan to release submods to my AUM-EMP.

But you could easily customize it that only the vanilla unlocked units will show up.

Download the "Pack File Manager" and with this tool you can edit all .pack files from mods:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?759230

I wrote a tutorial how to customize all my AUM mods and check the section "How to remove custom units or unlocked vanilla units":
    http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/How_to_...Unit_Pack_Mods

ariete's Avatar Foederatus

hi swiss
    i started a campaign as United Kingdom.
    in 1706 i upgraded the parliament in England and i can't yet recruit the 33rd on foot.
    moreover upgrading the governor building in Scotland i can't yet recruit the highlander line infantry.
    my question are:
    - why this happen for these regions above, meanwhile, for example, in Irealand i can continue to recruit the irish volunteers despite i already upgraded the governor building ?
    - what i have to do to re-recruit highlander line infantry in Scotland and 33rd on foot in England? do i have to change the monarchy regime or downgrade the governor building of these regions ?
    thank you in advance