Page 165 of 165 FirstFirst ... 65115140155156157158159160161162163164165
Results 3,281 to 3,294 of 3294

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

euro_light_cavalry_sharpshooters doesn't work. Skeleton missile column needs mounted_carbine.

This works with imperial splendour correct?

Hey does anyone know how i can increase the recruitment slots of a settlement?

i like that it adds new units, but the "Vanilla units unlocked" means I have duplicate units in my roster, ie, 2 different but identical types of "Militia" with different unit sizes/stats

Swiss Halberdier, I hope you're safe and well.

I was just wondering, given the successful renaissance of the ETW mod 'Imperial Splendour', following a number of substantive updates over the last several months and with further works ongoing/upcoming, will your impressive AUM mod be updated to ensure compatibility? Because an up-to-date IS with a fully working and compatible AUM would ultimately result in ETW II, thus creating the game we all wished ETW should and could have been.

Lastly, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work and awesome mod's over the years.

Cheers

JC

Quote Originally Posted by Oitaul View Post
    This works with imperial splendour correct?
    @Oitaul AUM hasn't been compatible with IS for years now, following a number of big updates by the IS team. However, an updated AUM would be a brilliant addition to the current version of IS and the upcoming 3.0 release.

Quote Originally Posted by ordoprinceps View Post
    Kingartist 21,

You must install the UPC-EMP of the mod or it will not run. I have cut and pasted from page one of this thread under installation. Follow Swiss Halberdier’s instructions and enjoy his fantastic mod.
    4. Language information:

The UPC-EMP mod is mandatory that the unit names and descriptions show up in the game. Empire will crash if you don't use UPC-EMP together with AUM-EMP.

You can switch your language in the Steam options of Empire.

UPC-EMP thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=340442

If you use Darthmod, then you should remove the files DMUC_*languages*.pack from the Empire data folder as my latest UPC-EMP is newer. The engine can only load one custom language file at once.

Recommendations:
    Create a backup of your save games before using AUM-EMP. If you install an unit pack and then play a campaign, the IDs of the custom units stay in the save game. If you remove later an unit pack in your ongoing campaign, then the save game can't be loaded correctly if there are recruited custom units in the armies from you or the AI.

C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\save_games

If the custom battle screen crashes, then please remove all files in these two folders below:

C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\army_setups

C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\battle_preferences

Crash of the game:

If your game crashes you could re-download changed "vanilla" files and verify the integrity of the game:

> Open Steam > click on my games > right-click on Empire > left-click on properties > then look for the Local files tab and click on Verify the integrity of the game cache

There you can re-check the integrity of your Empire files. It takes some time, but after updating you have again all proper vanilla files.

I have Darthmod ETW Platinum 8.0.1. installed, in my data folder in Steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data, there is no "DMUC_*languages*.pack". There is a "local_en.pack" file, but when I open the "UPC_English 8.0.pack" file and comapare it to the "local_en.pack" file:

local_en.pack contents;
    advisor
    font
    text

UPC_English 8.0.pack contents;
    settings.rpfm_reserved
    text

I'm worried if I replace local_en.pack with UPC_English 8.0.pack it'll mess up my ongoing campaign because they don't have the same number or named sub folders.

I can't find the file you're telling me to replace with UPC_English 8.0.pack. Any ideas ? Thanks.

Edit: I'm also using the causa belli submod that uses a localisation file called "cb_localisation.pack". I notice in the post it says that only one localisation file can be loaded at one time. In the Causa Belli submod thread it is stated that AUM and Causa Belli are compatible - so why are my French "Compagne franche de la Marine" named as "Chorofilakes" ?

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by sharkeyyyy; May 21, 2021 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Additional Information

I can't seem to get this mod to work. I have double checked that I DL'd the Vanilla version, and, that I added the correct line to my script file. Every time I start the game with AUM enabled, it CTDs immediately after the first splash screen. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

You must install the UPC file or it will never run. Swiss has the UPC files done in many languages.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=340442
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Thanks!

No problem, we all need to help each other. Swiss has made a really great mod, hope you enjoy!
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Does anyone know if AUM is compatible with vanilla + VDM 2.2? Any answers appreciated.

Thanks for that ordoprinceps, was missing that step myself.

Cheers

bump