Page 162 of 165 FirstFirst ... 62112137152153154155156157158159160161162163164165 LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 3294

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Hello! Your work looks great! Just a question, could you make a mod-edit for those players who play Darth+Brans lower accuracy? It all looks Amazing but your units are just so overpowered atm and i like longer battles /norse

Quote Originally Posted by Norsewarrior View Post
    Hello! Your work looks great! Just a question, could you make a mod-edit for those players who play Darth+Brans lower accuracy? It all looks Amazing but your units are just so overpowered atm and i like longer battles /norse
    Thanks for your nice words! Unfortunately I don't have the time to do separate special versions adapted to other mods as my modding time is very limited at the moment due to a busy real life. Do you have a link to Bran's mod? Then I could see what he changed and then I could write what do you have to manually edit in my AUM-EMP that it works better together.

Hello, first of all, really great mod! Thanks for all the hard work you put in it.

I did some testing today (in custom battles) because yesterday I encountered a really strange bug. This morning, just to be sure, I reinstalled the game (ETW, Darthmod, AUM).

I understand how x1.5 and x2 artillery multiplier works in Darthmod (it does not affect AUM artillery) however I have noticed something weird.

Two testing environments:

1. Darthmod (normal artillery) + AUM - Custom battles - late era - Austria has 12 artillery units available
    Screenshot here - https://imgur.com/a/gAHZayG

2. Darthmod (x2 artillery) + AUM - Custom battles - late era - Austria has 10 artillery units available
    Screenshot here - https://imgur.com/a/xObt9Fb

From what I can tell standard vanilla 12pdr is missing? Plus one more. Anybody else has experienced this? Maybe some of you may try to replicate this?

Thanks for help!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarien View Post
    Hello, first of all, really great mod! Thanks for all the hard work you put in it.

I did some testing today (in custom battles) because yesterday I encountered a really strange bug. This morning, just to be sure, I reinstalled the game (ETW, Darthmod, AUM).

I understand how x1.5 and x2 artillery multiplier works in Darthmod (it does not affect AUM artillery) however I have noticed something weird.

Two testing environments:

1. Darthmod (normal artillery) + AUM - Custom battles - late era - Austria has 12 artillery units available
    Screenshot here - https://imgur.com/a/gAHZayG

2. Darthmod (x2 artillery) + AUM - Custom battles - late era - Austria has 10 artillery units available
    Screenshot here - https://imgur.com/a/xObt9Fb

From what I can tell standard vanilla 12pdr is missing? Plus one more. Anybody else has experienced this? Maybe some of you may try to replicate this?

Thanks for help!
    Thanks a lot Dalarien for your nice words!

Yes that's correct that AUM-EMP is modded directly related to the "normal core" Darthmod configuration. As each 1.5x, 2x or any other DM versions which can be choosen in the special menus use specifically modded database tables. It would be for me an insane amount of work to support all these versions.

But basically all AUM-EMP units are available in all Darthmod configurations. But of course if AUM-EMP is used with those, it doesn't feature these 2x values.

I guess this special 2x Artillery configuration misses 2 artillery units which aren't from AUM-EMP.

Thanks for your reply. It is exactly the same with x1.5 artillery, from my experience. I understand that it would be a lot of work, plus I found your guide how to increase the values myself so that is what I am going to do with Darthmod artillery settings set to normal. Should be fine like this. Anyway, thanks!

Okay, I feel a bit stupid right now, but I should make this clear - disregard all my previous findings. It seems like the cannons are missing because "early" tech is not available in "late" custom battles. Meaning the 12pdr cannon is not there even without AUM.

Okay, I feel a bit stupid right now, but I should make this clear - disregard all my previous findings. It seems like the cannons are missing because "early" tech is not available in "late" custom battles. Meaning the 12pdr cannon is not there even without AUM.
    Absolutely no problem.

Thanks for your reply. It is exactly the same with x1.5 artillery, from my experience. I understand that it would be a lot of work, plus I found your guide how to increase the values myself so that is what I am going to do with Darthmod artillery settings set to normal. Should be fine like this. Anyway, thanks!
    Great that my little tutorial was helpful!

I made some replacement info pics for all the units in the pack (9) that didn't have any vanilla style ones before. They used screenshots from in-game or something, I believe
    These are the units with new ones:

euro_line_infantry_elite

guerillas_mercs_irregulars

prussian_frei_jaegers

prussian_fusiliers_elite

prussian_giants_grenadiers_elite

swiss_grenadiers_elite

spanish_bandoleros

spanish_corso_terrestre_navarra_guerrillas

spanish_granaderos_marina

I have provided a sample picture too. As I spoke to Swiss Halberdier about other stuff, I'll send them via PM.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sample.jpg  
    Last edited by -Durango-; June 05, 2018 at 06:17 PM.
    Try my ETW mods: Interface Enhancement Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Durango85 View Post
    I made some replacement info pics for all the units in the pack (9) that didn't have any vanilla style ones before. They used screenshots from in-game or something, I believe

I have provided a sample picture too. As I spoke to Swiss Halberdier about other stuff, I'll send them via PM.
    Thanks a lot for your work and they look great! I'll check all asap.

Can you by any chance integrate some of the mods that add units for minor factions like Causa Belli for example since I can't download it since links are out of date but maybe they would let you (if they were alive/awake) use their data and merge it with AUM which would make minor factions more interesting, also a glitch I noticed, Portugal cannot use early marines and the marines for the Spanish and Dutch are 187 troops vs the 225 of generic and the French are at 110 which puts those factions at a disadvantage since the stats are all similar.

Also, I am hoping Portugal can maybe get Spanish war galleons too since they are similar culturally and maybe some of the other Spanish units that are more generic like the Irish units, for example, they only have the basic Irish ones, not the second ones they get. Galleons are one of my favorite ships in the game along with flyuts so if other nations could get them somehow through tech, or capturing regions of factions that can build them (ones with ports or naval academies) I would be super grateful since playing as just one or two factions for some specific units is not very fun as you can certainly guess. Also, a mod that adds emergent factions is broken and a lot of modders have seem to have quit due to the age of the game unlike yourself so maybe you could take up where they left off on that too? I REALLY want to play as Greece since the custom battle units they have are super unique and they have some cool ships too but no galleons at all, not even war galleons since they are emergent I guess you forgot?

Anyway if you see this please respond since many forums are dead and thanks for listening (I hope)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMaster#1160 View Post
    Can you by any chance integrate some of the mods that add units for minor factions like Causa Belli for example since I can't download it since links are out of date but maybe they would let you (if they were alive/awake) use their data and merge it with AUM which would make minor factions more interesting, also a glitch I noticed, Portugal cannot use early marines and the marines for the Spanish and Dutch are 187 troops vs the 225 of generic and the French are at 110 which puts those factions at a disadvantage since the stats are all similar.

Also, I am hoping Portugal can maybe get Spanish war galleons too since they are similar culturally and maybe some of the other Spanish units that are more generic like the Irish units, for example, they only have the basic Irish ones, not the second ones they get. Galleons are one of my favorite ships in the game along with flyuts so if other nations could get them somehow through tech, or capturing regions of factions that can build them (ones with ports or naval academies) I would be super grateful since playing as just one or two factions for some specific units is not very fun as you can certainly guess. Also, a mod that adds emergent factions is broken and a lot of modders have seem to have quit due to the age of the game unlike yourself so maybe you could take up where they left off on that too? I REALLY want to play as Greece since the custom battle units they have are super unique and they have some cool ships too but no galleons at all, not even war galleons since they are emergent I guess you forgot?

Anyway if you see this please respond since many forums are dead and thanks for listening (I hope)
    Maybe you could write in the related Causa Belli thread if they are still active? Did you try it?

As I don't unlock minor factions for the game that AUM-EMP is compatible with other mods which do this already.

I already activated for lots of minor factions many custom units and unlocked vanilla units.

The written numbers Spanish/Dutch 187 seem to be very weird and I didn't experienced this. They use the normal unit sizes like all other custom Marines. Yes the French Compagnie de la Marine has a smaller unit size as they are light infantry/skirmishers. This unit is from Ornamentum made by Danova and I didn't changed the general type of this unit.

I suggest that you could read my tutorial here:

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/How_to_...Unit_Pack_Mods

Basically there I explained it how to customize all my AUM mods and you can easily activate any custom or vanilla unit of AUM to Portugal or other factions like you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Maybe you could write in the related Causa Belli thread if they are still active? Did you try it?

As I don't unlock minor factions for the game that AUM-EMP is compatible with other mods which do this already.

I already activated for lots of minor factions many custom units and unlocked vanilla units.

The written numbers Spanish/Dutch 187 seem to be very weird and I didn't experience this. They use the normal unit sizes like all other custom Marines. Yes the French Compagnie de la Marine has a smaller unit size as they are light infantry/skirmishers. This unit is from Ornamentum made by Danova and I didn't change the general type of this unit.

I suggest that you could read my tutorial here:

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/How_to_...Unit_Pack_Mods

Basically there I explained it how to customize all my AUM mods and you can easily activate any custom or vanilla unit of AUM to Portugal or other factions like you wish.
    I will try but I doubt I will be able to do much since I am rather tech illiterate.

DM8.1 mod all ready came with aum pack, I should delete or replace old one or keep both aum packs ?

Quote Originally Posted by adrians38 View Post
    DM8.1 mod all ready came with aum pack, I should delete or replace old one or keep both aum packs ?
    Yes you should replace the old DM8.1 AUM pack with my file. Also you could replace the old DMUC_* language packs with my newest UPC-EMP language file.

just wondering is there any reason to remove or not remove the backpacks? is one more historical than the other? or is it just preference?

Quote Originally Posted by VoidsX View Post
    just wondering is there any reason to remove or not remove the backpacks? is one more historical than the other? or is it just preference?
    It's just a personal preference and removing the backbpacks can have a small increase in performance while in battle, because the game must show less textures. Historically both existed, so some units weared backbacks in a battle and some not.

Tiro

Hi,
    is at this point still some version supposedly compatible with A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita?
    I found on my drive some old files, in particular:
    AUM-EMP 3.3 - vanilla version.zip
    aum_mod_ape_ti.7z
    I wonder, should I just take the latest vanilla, and apply the mod file I have from 2014, or is there another file, for current vanilla, or should I maybe use the old AUM version with that 7z file, please?
    Anyway, awesome Swiss Halberdier that you are still supporting those mods...

Quote Originally Posted by llib View Post
    Hi,
    is at this point still some version supposedly compatible with A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita?
    I found on my drive some old files, in particular:
    AUM-EMP 3.3 - vanilla version.zip
    aum_mod_ape_ti.7z
    I wonder, should I just take the latest vanilla, and apply the mod file I have from 2014, or is there another file, for current vanilla, or should I maybe use the old AUM version with that 7z file, please?
    Anyway, awesome Swiss Halberdier that you are still supporting those mods...
    Thanks for your nice words! Yeah supporting Empire now about a decade.

Due to my limited time I can only support two versions of AUM-EMP (vanilla and Darthmod). I had to stop the direct support with individual versions for APE:TI and Imperial Splendour some versions ago.

But yes you could technically use the newest AUM-EMP Vanilla version together with APE:TI. It should fully work, but the balance is of course not so well anymore. And you can also upgrade your UPC-EMP language file with my newest version.

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.2 updated

never mind lol
    Last edited by SonOfAvalon; November 01, 2018 at 11:19 AM.

BillyJohnson367's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.6 - updated 21.10.17

[QUOTE=Thanks a lot for your nice words and cool to see that my mod is still beeing played after 9 years.

Yes lots of AUM-EMP units which aren't just for a special major faction are also available for the minor factions.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. I've been playing Empire because:
    1) I spent $20 for this game. Doesn't make sense to waste it.
    2) I've always seen the potential continuous play-ability in the game. It frustrates me that the developers at Creative Assembly couldn't fix the bugs I've witnesses or at least show their interested in helping the game with updates. I see games like "Left 4 Dead" and the most simple Visual Novels like "Everlasting Summer" in my library receive updates, though small and insignificant, it lets me know the game is still chugging its tracks.

And even after 9 years, modders like you are still here. Still modding, still improving. And a fan-base that still reports bugs for you.

Yes, lots of new units. I was playing Russia yesterday and it's not so bland anymore. Those extra units really help out. The DLC for the game didn't do much to help the Eastern Overlord.