Page 26 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176126 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

trafalgar11111's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.2 for DM + APE:TI + IS + vanilla standard ETW

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Yes TigerVX is right! The AUM loc files don't have any descriptions of the new 14 free units and the 14 payable units so far. You have to decide between:

AUM loc file > AUM units names, but no new CA unit names
    No AUM loc file > new CA unit names, but no AUM unit names

In the upcoming AUM 2.3 "language" files are all of them integrated.

My AUM 2.3 beta version is going well and it seems that I can release AUM 2.3 this weekend.
    I used applelover's loc file to solve this issue & it's working.
    It's any and only one from a selection of mod loc files.
    Put one in data folder and leave the rest on desktop while you try them out.

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.2 for DM + APE:TI + IS + vanilla standard ETW

My AUM 2.3 beta version is going well and it seems that I can release AUM 2.3 this weekend.

Excellent! cant wait to see what new units you've put in

One more question.. Are all the European countries supposed to have galleons and fluyts? I just fought a half stack of Prussian galleons and I'm not sure if I like it, both for historical and practical purposes.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by wetzlar View Post
    One more question.. Are all the European countries supposed to have galleons and fluyts? I just fought a half stack of Prussian galleons and I'm not sure if I like it, both for historical and practical purposes.
    I dislike this, too. Swiss, please do us a favor, take it off!

Lord Justin's Avatar Tiro

So I unloaded it from Mod Manager because it was screwing up my unit scale and now the game crashes when I try to load a savegame.

I could try loading my backed-up savegames but is there any way to unload this mod properly (or, for that matter, make it work correctly with DM)?
    Lieutenant Lord Justin Heron

Thank you for your patronage. This has been Justin's Signature™.

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Justin View Post
    So I unloaded it from Mod Manager because it was screwing up my unit scale and now the game crashes when I try to load a savegame.

I could try loading my backed-up savegames but is there any way to unload this mod properly (or, for that matter, make it work correctly with DM)?
    You have to start a new save game. If you have any of the AUM units in your armies the game will crash because it tries to load them when there's nothing. Nothing you can do about it I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by MorganH View Post
    Looking Forward Halberdier
    Greetings
    Here are some preview screenshots of my new units which will be released in AUM 2.3 > http://www.twcenter.net/forums/album.php?u=27660

I have a question that may or may not have to do with this mod in particular. I downloaded the DarthMod version of AUM yesterday and I have DM 2.1, but when I am in game I have Ultra unit sizes even though I set them to small (small or medium in DM is supposed to be about the same as ultra in vanilla). Does AUM affect unit sizes at all, or has anyone else had this problem? I really can't be bothered to render 3000 guys in small yearly skirmishes, or to handle those numbers as easily on the field.
    Any suggestions?
    (I exited the game, made sure my sizes were "small" and reloaded my campaign and also looked at custom battle numbers, both of which were still large or ultra)
    The "aum_mod_dm.pack" version has the "Commander Unit Size" of "Darthmod".
    There is a how-to in my FAQ to edit the unit size.
    Read my last answer on this post about the "unload" problem with "Unit Pack Mods".

Quote Originally Posted by trafalgar11111 View Post
    I used applelover's loc file to solve this issue & it's working.
    It's any and only one from a selection of mod loc files.
    Put one in data folder and leave the rest on desktop while you try them out.
    Yes applelover and I are working close together.

Quote Originally Posted by Malakai1977 View Post
    Excellent! cant wait to see what new units you've put in
    Here are some preview screenshots of my new units which will be released in AUM 2.3 > http://www.twcenter.net/forums/album.php?u=27660

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    I dislike this, too. Swiss, please do us a favor, take it off!
    Yes all Europeans can build the "Galleons". The "Fluyts" are only buildable for countries near to the "East-Sea or North-Sea".

The problem here is that the normal "Galleons" + "Race-built Galleons" + "Fluyts" are not limited by default in the "vanilla" or major mod versions.

My own "War Galleons" and "War Fluyts" are limited though.

What you could do is to read my how-to "remove units from AUM" in my FAQ on the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic View Post
    You have to start a new save game. If you have any of the AUM units in your armies the game will crash because it tries to load them when there's nothing. Nothing you can do about it I'm afraid.
    Unfortunately thats a big problem for all "Unit Pack Mods".

I wrote this on my first page:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

"AUM" is fully save game compatible internally to all past and future releases of my mod.

I suggest that you should BACKUP your "campaign save games" before you try out any mods.

CA said that Empire is save-game compatible and this is true. But if you unload a mod then it fails to load the units in your save-game the next time...

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

1.3 performance boost + Imperial Splendour 1.3 compatability + Additional Units Mod + applelover's loc file = OMFG I LOVE PLAYING ETW

Lord Justin's Avatar Tiro

The "aum_mod_dm.pack" version has the "Commander Unit Size" of "Darthmod".
    There is a how-to in my FAQ to edit the unit size.
    Read my last answer on this post about the "unload" problem with "Unit Pack Mods".

I suggest that you should BACKUP your "campaign save games" before you try out any mods.[/spoiler]
    CA said that Empire is save-game compatible and this is true. But if you unload a mod then it fails to load the units in your save-game the next time...
    Thanks for the response . I did back up my save games and when I loaded a backup one it worked fine, but I do want to use AUM (it's a great mod, truly) but just not with the DM commander edition sizes. But you answered that question too, so I have no questions left
    Lieutenant Lord Justin Heron

Thank you for your patronage. This has been Justin's Signature™.

What you could do is to read my how-to "remove units from AUM" in my FAQ on the first post.
    Great, thanks for the info. Sorry I did not read the faq first. And thank you for all the hard work!!

...by the way

Prussia DID have galleons and fluyts
    Also these ships where very common at the beginning of the 18th century for a lot of countries who traded by sea.
    The Dutch sold a lot of these ships and Spain also did!

If you would complain why factions from India can build ships of the line I would understand!

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

i cant wait hurry please.

Be patient, Swiss said it might be done by the weekened. So, there's not much longer to wait.

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.3 for DM + APE:TI + IS + vanilla standard ETW

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic View Post
    1.3 performance boost + Imperial Splendour 1.3 compatability + Additional Units Mod + applelover's loc file = OMFG I LOVE PLAYING ETW
    Thanks a lot! Try AUM 2.3!
    Great, thanks for the info. Sorry I did not read the faq first. And thank you for all the hard work!!
    Thanks for the response . I did back up my save games and when I loaded a backup one it worked fine, but I do want to use AUM (it's a great mod, truly) but just not with the DM commander edition sizes. But you answered that question too, so I have no questions left
    Thanks a lot and good that I could helped you both.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
    ...by the way

Prussia DID have galleons and fluyts
    Also these ships where very common at the beginning of the 18th century for a lot of countries who traded by sea.
    The Dutch sold a lot of these ships and Spain also did!

If you would complain why factions from India can build ships of the line I would understand!
    My fellow team member is right!

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    i cant wait hurry please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurushimi View Post
    Be patient, Swiss said it might be done by the weekened. So, there's not much longer to wait.
    No more waiting... here comes AUM 2.3!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello to all AUM fans,

27. June 2009 - ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.3 has been released
    27. June 2009 - ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.3 has been released
    Today I released my "ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.3" and it is fully compatible with the following versions:
    - the new official patch 1.3 + 14 free units
    - "14 Elite Units of the West"
    - DarthMod 2.1 / A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita 1.0.4 / Imperial Splendor 1.82

- all unit stats are balanced to the corresponding major Mod (DarthMod / A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita / Imperial Splendor / standalone = vanilla standard ETW balanced stats)

- All language files have the new unit names and descriptions for the "14 patch 1.3 extra units" and the payable "14 Elite Units of the West" included.

- updated all language files to "patch_aum_en_loc.pack" (English) + "patch_aum_en_loc_api_ti.pack" (English APE:TI) +
    "patch_aum_ge_loc.pack"(German)

- updated all unit names of several "Unit Pack Mods" together in the "patch_aum_en_loc_all.pack"

This means that you can play now all "Unit Pack Mods" together.
    - AUM 2.3
    - Sharpe 1.7
    - Great Spirit 1.1
    - Ancien Regime unit pack - version 1.1
    - plus earlier versions of lego
    - M653 unit texture mod v4.1/5.2
    - Continental, British, Hessian, Spanish, French and Indian Armies mods
    - Ultimate artillery mod
    - Lordz map pack

But please read this "*** UNIT LIMIT IN THE UI RECRUITMENT QUEUE ***" http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=255974

Here is the link to the "Unit Pack Compatibility Project (UPC)"
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=5188226

- re-balanced the "unit_stats_land" of the custom units in all four AUM versions
    - re-balanced the "unit_naval_stats" of the custom ships in all four AUM versions
    - re-balanced the costs + upkeep of the custom units in all four AUM versions

- changed the model, icon and info card pictures of my custom "Grenadier Guards"
    - changed the officer of the "Marines" and "Royal British Marines (Nocks Volley Gun)" to the custom "euro_naval_officer_marines" who now fires the pistol correctly

- included the German long description of the "Royal British Marines (Nocks Volley Gun)" > thanks to "Takeda Shingen"
    - changed the English + German name of my "Freikorps Infantry / Freikorps Infanterie" to "Freikorps Line Infantry / Freikorps Linieninfanterie"
    - changed the German name of the "Freibeuter" to "Kaperfregatte"

- changed the status of the "training" for several units
    - changed the behaviour of the "Landwehr Militia" that they behave like militia
    - removed the standard-bearer from the "Highlander Warband"
    - added several already activated units to the faction group of "Venice"

- included the "AUM Changelog.txt" in all four "aum_mod***.zip" versions

New custom units included in AUM 2.3:

---------------------------------------------------
    > "Royal Cuirassier Guards - Königliche Kürassier Garde"
    custom battle = late / available for the following major factions "Austria, Britain, France, Poland, Prussia, Russia, Spain, Sweden and United Provinces" in Europe / only recruitable at the two latest military buildings and the ultimate military buildings of France, Prussia and Poland / required technology "military_army_wedge_formation" / "non-reinforcable" in a republic

> "Royal Swedish Dragoons - Königliche Schwedische Dragoner"
    custom battle = late / only available for the Swedish in their "swedish_home_regions" / only recruitable at the three latest military buildings and the special building "prest_swedish_slott" / required technology "military_army_carbines" / "non-reinforcable" in a republic

> "Royal Cairo Infantry Guards - Königliche Kairo Infanterie Garde"
    custom battle = late / available for all major factions in the region of "North_Africa" / only recruitable at the "army_staff_college" / required technology "military_army_fire_by_rank" / "non-reinforcable" in a republic

> "Irish Rifles (Connaught Rangers) - Irische Schützen (Connaught Rangers)"
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions which capture Ireland / recruitable at the two latest military buildings (minor_governors_encampment + minor_governors_barracks) / required technology "military_army_machined_rifling"

> "Guerilla Mercenaries - Guerilla Söldner"
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions in Europe / only recruitable at the four "pleasure" buildings / no required technology / non-reinforcable in all governments

> "Tsar Great Cannon 64-lbs - Zaren 64-Pfünder Schwere Artillerie"
    custom battle = late / only available for Russians in their "russian_home_regions" / only recruitable at the engineer_school / required technology "military_ordonance_explosive_shells"

> "Heavy Xebec - Schwere Schebecke"
    custom battle = early/late / only available for the Ottomans in the "med_coast" region / buildable at all military naval docks / no required technology

> "Heavy Dhow - Schwere Dau"
    custom battle = early/late / available for all factions which have access to "Dhows" globally / buildable at all trading harbors / no required technology / the ship has still the trading ability

- added the following already included ships to several factions:
    > Xebec > available for all major faction groups in the "med_coast" region / custom battle not available
    > Lugger > available for all major faction groups globally / custom battle not available

> REMO made one new texture for my custom unit "Royal Cairo Infantry Guards" which is included in the "aum_mod***.pack"
    > KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPAL (KLA) made one new texture for my custom unit "Royal Cuirassier Guards" which is included in the "aum_mod***.pack"

*** If you have downloaded the optional "Graphics Pack" from AUM 2.2, then you don't need to download it again. ***

CHANGES to the new included "14 patch 1.3 extra units"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Swiss Infantry (only recruitable in the "netherlands_home_regions" = this is set from vanilla)
    In the patch 1.3 version only the "United Provinces" can recruit them. I've expanded the recruitment to the following major factions:
    Austria, France, Prussia, Spain

> Scots (no changes)
    I already activated this unit for several factions in AUM 2.2.

> Mamelukes (no changes)
    This hidden unit was already included in "vanilla".

I didn't make any changes to the following new units from the patch 1.3, because they are faction specific and should only be recruitable for the related faction:
    Holland Guard
    Holland Horse Guard
    Prussian Grenadiers
    Prussian Life guard
    Prussian Garde Du Corp
    Russian Grenadiers
    Spanish Grenadiers
    Spanish Guardias de infateria
    Spanish Guardias De Corp
    Swedish lifeguard horse
    Swedish ‘Lifeguards of foot’

NO CHANGES to the payable "14 Elite Units of the West"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I didn't make any changes to the "14 Elite Units of the West" from the payable CA unit pack.

They are fully playable if you bought the DLC unit pack and all names and descriptions are in all four "language files" included.

CA has released these three similar units that I created earlier for AUM:
    Swiss Guards (France)
    Guard Grenadiers (Poland-Lithuania)
    Frei-Korps (Prussia)

My own "Swiss Guards" are still available for France.
    My own "Grenadier Guards" are still available for Poland.
    My own "Freikorps Line Infantry" is still available for Prussia.

My mod adds now 46 new custom units and 15 new custom ships to ETW. There are other 52 units from "vanilla" which can now be recruited by other factions too.

As always I updated the first post with all new information about the recruitment of the new units and changed the credits.

Comments, problems and balancing issues
    If you have any comments or problems you can give me feedback here in this thread.

Please write which AUM "mod-version" and "language" file do you use.

There are four versions of AUM available each with different stats which are balanced to the related "major mod" or "vanilla standard ETW". It is important for me to know if they are balanced right. If you see any major balancing problem please report your used version and give me some feedback.

Cheers and happy playing!
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.3 for DM + APE:TI + IS + vanilla standard ETW

hmm what is the graphics pack about? I am curious since I dince find information about in the first post. I saw it also so and wondered when i downloaded 2.2 but now it would really like to now

should aum 2.3 units be seen in custom battle if installed correctly?
    Mods APE 1.04 + hotfix platoon firing + mysore startpos, Aum 2.3

additional - had to create user script again after cleaning out mods

Quote Originally Posted by twp127 View Post
    hmm what is the graphics pack about? I am curious since I dince find information about in the first post. I saw it also so and wondered when i downloaded 2.2 but now it would really like to now
    Go to the Information about the included textures section in the first post. There are the descriptions and screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by jaggedx View Post
    should aum 2.3 units be seen in custom battle if installed correctly?
    Mods APE 1.04 + hotfix platoon firing + mysore startpos, Aum 2.3

additional - had to create user script again after cleaning out mods
    Hello Jaggedx, yes the new APE:TI 1.0.4 release doesn't add an entry in the "user script" file anymore and it has to be changed like you said.

The "patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.pack" does contain all unit names of APE:TI and AUM together in one file.

Here some info from my first page:

If you use "A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita" be sure to download the "patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.zip and load AUM at the bottom of the "Mod Manager" or put it at the end of the "script" file.

You have to move/rename the "AProperEmpireTerraIncognita-Localisation.pack" in your ETW data directory, because there can't be two language packs at the same time.

The "Giants" are disabled in the "A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita" version because this unit is already included by L33tl4m3r

Would it possible to create a patch_aum_spanish_loc.zip?.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Swiss, I see the unit variety is quite a low in this patch, you losing your steam?

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Halberdier my friend,Thanks for the marvellous 2.3!
    +rep
    im off playing Now!!
    greetings!!