Page 157 of 157 FirstFirst ... 57 107 132 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157
Results 3,121 to 3,139 of 3139

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

  1. #3121
    ♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,192

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

    Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    Hi I installed the vanilla version, and using the user script provided in the download.
    While playing the Warpath campaign with a native faction I didn't notice any new units.
    If I want to use this pack can I only do so in Grand Campaign mode? Anything special needded besides simply the aum_emp_mod.pack, the UPC_English.pack and the mentioned user script to have this work?
    I have no other mods installed, and mine is a recent install of ETW from Steam.
    The Mod should run fine as you have it, simplest method is to try a Custom battle and check to see if the units are there, if so then you know everything is working.

    As for units not showing in warpath campaign, also remember units have both geographic recruitment parameters and sometimes tech., etc so the Mod may be installed correctly but the units may not be recruitable in those regions
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

  2. #3122

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

    Swiss,
    You do fabulous work, I have enjoyed in other TW games, but no matter how I try, I can't get this to work in ETW. It just won't load, I have tried manually to type in script and also mod manager. What am I doing wrong?
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

  3. #3123

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

    Thanks hammeredalways for answering the last question.

    Quote Originally Posted by ordoprinceps View Post
    Swiss,
    You do fabulous work, I have enjoyed in other TW games, but no matter how I try, I can't get this to work in ETW. It just won't load, I have tried manually to type in script and also mod manager. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks ordoprinceps

    Did you install the mandatory UPC-EMP language pack?

    Language information:

    The UPC-EMP mod is mandatory that the unit names and descriptions show up in the game. Empire will crash if you don't use UPC-EMP together with AUM-EMP.

    UPC-EMP thread:

    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=340442

  4. #3124

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

    Swiss Halberdier,
    Thats was it! My mistake; the UPC did it! I love your work. I wonder if you can conceive of how many thousands have had so many countless hours of pure gaming joy from your work? I have enjoyed your mods on NTW and RTW, they are terrific! Now I have began to play with your ETW and I am astounded how it has changed the game play as well as the units.

    Thanks so much!!!!!
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

  5. #3125

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

    Quote Originally Posted by ordoprinceps View Post
    Swiss Halberdier,
    Thats was it! My mistake; the UPC did it! I love your work. I wonder if you can conceive of how many thousands have had so many countless hours of pure gaming joy from your work? I have enjoyed your mods on NTW and RTW, they are terrific! Now I have began to play with your ETW and I am astounded how it has changed the game play as well as the units.
    Thanks so much!!!!!
    No problem ordoprinceps. Basically the UPC language files are only mandatory in Empire and Napoleon. That's because if the engine doesn't find an entry for a custom unit, then it crashes.

    But in Shogun 2, Rome 2 and Attila the UPCs are optional and only needed if the players want to play these games in their own language.

    Wow thanks a lot for your nice words about my work and of course from lots of contributors and helpers during these years.

    It's nice to hear that players who like AUM for a specific Total War game, that they also try out other AUM versions for other TW games which they own.

    Thanks a lot to all voters of the 2016 Modding awards! Both AUM-EMP and UPC-EMP have been awarded in the category Empire - Classic Submod/Minor Mod.

    1st Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP)
    3rd Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-EMP)

  6. #3126

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

    Swiss Halberdier,
    You positively have my vote for 2017 for all of the TW games! So far I’ve only been playing the American Revolution using your mod but the gameplay is so fantastic I think I like this game better even than Napoleon total war! Previous to adding your mod this game was not nearly as fun but now it’s great! It’s going to be really terrific to do a global campaign with your mod I think.

    I wonder if I may ask of few modding questions? With all the work you’ve done throughout all the total war sites you’re probably one of the busiest guys on all the forums combined so I don’t want to be annoying but I’m sure that you can answer the questions if you’re okay with it.
    I’ve created a number of very minor mods, embarrassing really as compared to your work, but I’ve done it mostly for myself to change aspects of gameplay that I personally thought needed to be changed. I’ve done this for MTW2, NTW and ATW. I have only posted my very minor mods for ATW and only on the steam workshop. Again they’re nothing big, I just did them to improve gameplay for myself and thought that possibly other gamers might have the same idea so I decided to post them. I still have about a dozen that I haven’t finished yet so they are not posted when you go there to look.

    When attempting to mod ETW, I have run into more problems than I did with the other games. In fact, when I bought ETW initially I became so frustrated with all the bugs in it that I just quit playing it and went back to playing MTW2, until NTW came out. I haven’t played ETW for years until this month.
    I’ve only been able to do anything with mods because of the tremendous work from people like Lieut. Chambers and yourself. I’m really not a modder.

    My questions
    1. I want to change some of the unit stats in certain DLC units in ETW. The problem is these DLC units were in patch5 of that game and the latest version of PFM will not open unit stats land in patch 5. Is there a way for me to get that table open in patch 5?

    2. Is there a way to remove artillery from Native American units? In the eastern United States almost literally to the Mississippi River, and during the time period of the game, Native Americans being mounted was extremely rare. Whereas in the West and Southwest Native Americans were exclusively cavalry, in the East they were almost exclusively infantry, but neither to the best of my knowledge had artillery batteries. When I’m playing I find it quite annoying. So in the interest of gameplay realism I would like to remove the Native American artillery which was not difficult at all in other games to remove artillery from various barbarian groups. In this game however with the various episodes and of course the warpath campaign being part of it I have not had luck in attempting to remove the artillery.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

  7. #3127

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

    Quote Originally Posted by ordoprinceps View Post
    Swiss Halberdier,
    You positively have my vote for 2017 for all of the TW games! So far I’ve only been playing the American Revolution using your mod but the gameplay is so fantastic I think I like this game better even than Napoleon total war! Previous to adding your mod this game was not nearly as fun but now it’s great! It’s going to be really terrific to do a global campaign with your mod I think.

    My questions
    1. I want to change some of the unit stats in certain DLC units in ETW. The problem is these DLC units were in patch5 of that game and the latest version of PFM will not open unit stats land in patch 5. Is there a way for me to get that table open in patch 5?

    2. Is there a way to remove artillery from Native American units? In the eastern United States almost literally to the Mississippi River, and during the time period of the game, Native Americans being mounted was extremely rare. Whereas in the West and Southwest Native Americans were exclusively cavalry, in the East they were almost exclusively infantry, but neither to the best of my knowledge had artillery batteries. When I’m playing I find it quite annoying. So in the interest of gameplay realism I would like to remove the Native American artillery which was not difficult at all in other games to remove artillery from various barbarian groups. In this game however with the various episodes and of course the warpath campaign being part of it I have not had luck in attempting to remove the artillery.
    Yes AUM-EMP is basically designed for beeing played with the global grand campaign and of course lots of units or changes are not visible in the American Revolution DLC.

    I'll check your questions when I arrive at home this weekend as I don't have any TW games or the PFM installed on my laptop.

  8. #3128
    Flinn's Avatar In Dude We Trust!
    Content Director Citizen

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6,413

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

    It's with great pleasure that the Modding Awards Committee informs you that this mod has been awarded in the recent 2016 Modding Awards, as seen here! Please feel free to stop by and check the list of all the winners.

    Also, don't forget to check
    here for more details about how to promote the victory of your mod.

    If any question about please feel free to use the
    Discussion thread.

    Flinn,
    On behalf of the Modding Awards Committee
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 of the Imperial House of Hader.


  9. #3129

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

    Thanks very much Swiss Halberdier, I greatly appreciate it! I also travel for work and I don't have any games on my laptop either. Sometimes I go through withdrawal when I'm traveling LOL. I'm starting the global campaign today or to morrow and looking forward to the changes.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

  10. #3130

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

    Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    It's with great pleasure that the Modding Awards Committee informs you that this mod has been awarded in the recent 2016 Modding Awards, as seen here! Please feel free to stop by and check the list of all the winners.
    Thanks for the info!

    AUM-EMP reached the 1st place in the category Classic Submod/Minor Mod.
    UPC-EMP reached the 3rd place in the category Classic Submod/Minor Mod.



    Thanks a lot to all voters!

  11. #3131

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

    Quote Originally Posted by ordoprinceps View Post
    Swiss Halberdier,
    My questions
    1. I want to change some of the unit stats in certain DLC units in ETW. The problem is these DLC units were in patch5 of that game and the latest version of PFM will not open unit stats land in patch 5. Is there a way for me to get that table open in patch 5?

    2. Is there a way to remove artillery from Native American units? In the eastern United States almost literally to the Mississippi River, and during the time period of the game, Native Americans being mounted was extremely rare. Whereas in the West and Southwest Native Americans were exclusively cavalry, in the East they were almost exclusively infantry, but neither to the best of my knowledge had artillery batteries. When I’m playing I find it quite annoying. So in the interest of gameplay realism I would like to remove the Native American artillery which was not difficult at all in other games to remove artillery from various barbarian groups. In this game however with the various episodes and of course the warpath campaign being part of it I have not had luck in attempting to remove the artillery.
    I can open all .pack files of ETW with the latest version of the PACK FILE MANAGER 3.5.2 without any problems.

    As you see in my AUM-EMP I used two types of database tables to add custom or vanilla units to the related faction or faction groups:

    aum_units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions
    aum_units_to_groupings_military_permissions


    To allow or deny units for a certain faction you can use a custom yourname_units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions db table and then add new rows to it.

    The third column is called "allowed" and there you can "activate" or "de-activate" the units which you want or which you don't want for the related faction.

    In your case you can "de-activate" all artillery units from the Native American factions like "cherokee_playable, huron_playable, iroquoi_playable, plains_playable, pueblo_playable".

    The database table units_to_groupings_military_permissions works a bit different. Basically to remove assigned vanilla units in this table, you must create a copy of this vanilla table with the complete content and call it also units_to_groupings_military_permissions in your own mod. If the same db table name is used like in vanilla, then your own db table overwrites the vanilla table completely. Then you can remove the unwanted rows in your custom table.

    In your case you should look for the amerinds_group.

  12. #3132

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

    This is super SH!! Thanks so much! I did not have the latest version of PFM, thanks for that. Now I can make those changes.

    For some reason I have created my mod that works in game but does not show up in Mod Manager, what am I doing wrong?

    Also I have changed some stats in your AUM (for my use only), they show up in PFM but are not changed in the game. What am I doing wrong?

    Last; what can I do to support you for the next round of awards?
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

  13. #3133

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

    Quote Originally Posted by ordoprinceps View Post
    This is super SH!! Thanks so much! I did not have the latest version of PFM, thanks for that. Now I can make those changes.
    For some reason I have created my mod that works in game but does not show up in Mod Manager, what am I doing wrong?
    Also I have changed some stats in your AUM (for my use only), they show up in PFM but are not changed in the game. What am I doing wrong?
    Last; what can I do to support you for the next round of awards?
    No problem if I have time I help.

    Open your mod within PFM and go to "File" > "Change Pack Type" and check if there is "Mod" enabled. We modders just use "Mod" or either for special mods like the UPC "Movie". All other pack types shouldn't be used as they are for the vanilla game.

    "Mod" shows obviously normally in the Mod Launcher screen. "Movie" type packs like the UPC don't show up in the Mod manager, but they load always if they are placed into the data directory of a TW game.

    If you did change stats/costs the changes should get visible in the custom battle screen instantly.

    The next awards will be held in 2018 for the 2017 mods and thanks for your support.

  14. #3134

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    I can open all .pack files of ETW with the latest version of the PACK FILE MANAGER 3.5.2 without any problems.

    As you see in my AUM-EMP I used two types of database tables to add custom or vanilla units to the related faction or faction groups:

    aum_units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions
    aum_units_to_groupings_military_permissions


    To allow or deny units for a certain faction you can use a custom yourname_units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions db table and then add new rows to it.

    The third column is called "allowed" and there you can "activate" or "de-activate" the units which you want or which you don't want for the related faction.

    In your case you can "de-activate" all artillery units from the Native American factions like "cherokee_playable, huron_playable, iroquoi_playable, plains_playable, pueblo_playable".

    The database table units_to_groupings_military_permissions works a bit different. Basically to remove assigned vanilla units in this table, you must create a copy of this vanilla table with the complete content and call it also units_to_groupings_military_permissions in your own mod. If the same db table name is used like in vanilla, then your own db table overwrites the vanilla table completely. Then you can remove the unwanted rows in your custom table.

    In your case you should look for the amerinds_group.
    SH,
    I have tried what you suggest as well as some other things and it always crashes not just CTD but my whole computer crashes. All the other modifications I have made to vanilla units work fine but anything I try with native Americans causes a crash. Any suggestions?
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

  15. #3135

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

    Quote Originally Posted by ordoprinceps View Post
    SH,
    I have tried what you suggest as well as some other things and it always crashes not just CTD but my whole computer crashes. All the other modifications I have made to vanilla units work fine but anything I try with native Americans causes a crash. Any suggestions?
    This is weird that the whole computer crashes. I suggest to try a step-by-step approach and only change one entry of the native Americans for a start. If it works, then add other changes. If too many things are changed at the same time, it is very tricky to find out which change is causing the CTD.

  16. #3136

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

    I'm working on an update of AUM-EMP. I can't say any release date yet. It will take some time until all tests are done.

  17. #3137

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

    Love the mod, anyway you can change the pder artillery to the -lbs. It completely doesn't fit, I've already edited my own but for others I'm sure they would appreciate it, Thanks for the amazing mod and keep up the great work.

  18. #3138

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

    Quote Originally Posted by PopLocknHots View Post
    Love the mod, anyway you can change the pder artillery to the -lbs. It completely doesn't fit, I've already edited my own but for others I'm sure they would appreciate it, Thanks for the amazing mod and keep up the great work.
    I have been testing the update for Swiss Halberdier and it works beautifully so far, everyone will love this update!
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

  19. #3139

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

    Quote Originally Posted by PopLocknHots View Post
    Love the mod, anyway you can change the pder artillery to the -lbs. It completely doesn't fit, I've already edited my own but for others I'm sure they would appreciate it, Thanks for the amazing mod and keep up the great work.
    Thanks!

    I don't understand what you mean with "change the pder artillery to the -lbs"?

    Could you please explain this what you did?


    Quote Originally Posted by ordoprinceps View Post
    I have been testing the update for Swiss Halberdier and it works beautifully so far, everyone will love this update!
    Thanks mate

    It will take again more time until the release can happen, as I'm very busy in real life at the moment.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •