Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 3.2 + Graphics Pack 1.7 - updated 7.3.11

mod "aum_mod.pack";

Patrick2me's Avatar Laetus

I'm having some problems installing this for Empire Total war: Factions. When I enter a battle with Ireland, the Irish Volunteers appear to be missing textures. They are just all black. Also they don't have a unit card. Is the installation any different for ETF or am I just doing this wrong?

Patrick2me's Avatar Laetus

Sorry for the double post, but I can't edit yet. I wanted to provide more information on my problem.
    The following files are what I posted in my data directory:
    aum_mod.pack
    patch_aum_en_lock.pack
    patch_aum_mod_3_2.pack

Also I added this line; mod "aum_mod.pack"; as instructed. The user.empire_scripts.txt was not present, so I had to make it myself.

Last, several of the units seem to be missing unit cards. I have tested some, and from the ones I tried they all were missing textures except Connaught Rangers. also this is happening in both Empire Total Factions and vanilla Empire.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.9 (English, German, Spanish, French) + Graphics Pack 1.7 - 30.12.09

Hello DramaBelli, welcome to the community and thanks a lot for your nice comment!

Two years late...sorry for my little delay Mister Swiss, your words are appreciated. Still here on the breach with your units add on everywhere!

emptw1's Avatar Civis

For those having problems with blank/red/missing textures, try downloading and installing the graphics pack too.
    Coolgit: Prehaps they were unused because the creator didn't want them in for unkonw reasons, I'm sure you could check around the workshop to put them in the game.
    Gundamofgod: Try doing a manual instal rather than using the mod manager.
    Lameggman: I have never used APE, so I can only assume this, don't disable anything unless you were told in installation instructions to. All you need to do is put the ".pack" files in the data, unless there are other files that you need to add with APE, it should say where to put those ones. You also need to add the ".pack" files that you put into the "data" folder into your "user.empire_script" file. To find that open up your windows menu(the windows thing in the bottom left of your computer) and type "%appdata%" (without the quotations) into the search box. You should then find a "The Creative Assembly" Folder, open up that, then, in the "Empire" folder, open up scripts. You may find a folder called "APE" or "A Perfect Empire" Your user.empire_script should either be infront of you, or somewhere in the APE folder. Open up the script folder, and add them to that folder, make each different .pack on a seperate line, so it should look like this: mod nameofmod.pack; You must include the ";" at the end of each line, and make sure there aren't 2 on the same line. Then, you'll have to save the user.empire_script in your "My Documents" Or somewhere like that because some thing about the file becoming "read only" (I get that problem anyways and have to save things in my documents). Then, simply copy the the file from your documents, back into where you originally found it and replace it with the old one.
    Last edited by emptw1; August 18, 2012 at 03:12 AM.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Hey Swiss,

I have been playing with AUM so long (with APE:TI) that I don't remember what the game is like without such a brilliant diversity of units and ships.

But why, after all this time are there still not one single Native American unit?

I know in Imperial Splendor there are some diversity to the factions with eel clan, wolf clan, units etc (but the factions are not playable in that mod, so it's a bit of a half effort) -- why doesn't AUM have at least that same flavor? In APE:TI you can play the na It would be great if AUM included even a few Native American units for people to play with. It feels incomplete with 0 attention given to a whole region of factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Chabaa View Post
    Could someone please help me beacose i dont know what im doing wrong.
    I have vanilla and no mods on the game, so i downloaded aum.3.1.vanilla
    What now?
    I extracted it to C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common\empire total war.
    Next i put on the top of preferences.empire_script file in C:\Documents and Settings\-\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts ->
    mod aum_mod.pack

What im i doing wrong? :/ game crashes in the loading screen. thnx
    I'm having this problem too. Can someone help me?

Well well well, looks like lots of people having the same crash issue. As soon as I put the patch pack in data it crashes, and if I don't the mod doesn't load Anyways the mod creator doesn't give a anymore so might as well move on

emptw1's Avatar Civis

If your game is crashing, try using them Graphics pack (1.7) and the 3.2 update.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacemarin37 View Post
    Hi I'm completely new to the forum, computer illiterate and I need help with the AUM mod. The unit cards I have for empire total war are all blank with a solid colour from their respective faction's colour and also, the unit graphics ingame are brown. I really don't know how to fix this so could someone help? Or at least teach me how to turn empire total war back into it's original state without mods just patches from CA? Thanks in advance.
    Same with me. Ive done all the language files correctly but and the unit descriptions appear fine, but the cards are blank white and theres no image of the unit in the discripition

hey peeps. i am trying to edit the size of units that are 250 men (using DME AUM) to 300, but it doeesnt do anything. it shows up as 300 in the db tables but in game no changes have been made...how...

the tables dont lie man...but they are

btw dr noobyman i had the same problem and you need to make sure the pack files and what not are at the top of the script. its kinda quirky from my memory but once you get it it should work and stay fine.

the blank unit cards thing once again because i just saw something that is the solution. play around with "" aound the aum_mod.pack part. for example at one time all my script file had the "" but i left the aum_mod.pack without and it worked, another time i had to use the "" (this relates to multiple installl, uninstall, and reinstalls) it works fine, trust everyone who has it working, you just need to become a bit of a modder yourself if it doesnt work right away

Also, the aum selection does not appear in the mod manager, but all other mods that i have used in the same way by putting it in the data directory have worked fine.

Shock'n'Awe's Avatar Civis

Please help D:
    The game crashes when I use certain units

JanHetman's Avatar Foederatus

Eh why are Polish units named in German? Not better in Polish?
    Kirasjerzy gwardii saskiej - Royal Polish Cuirassier Guards
    Trabanci - Polish Trabant Cavarly
    Pancerni - Polish Pancerny Cavarly
    Husarze - Polish Hussar Guard
    I dont know how to translate Polish Hussar guard for 100% only (translates for other units are form Polish forum/ KLA post.
    (if you want link to this forum write on private)

JanHetman's Avatar Foederatus

Why is there no edit comments?
    Eh why are Polish units named in German? Not better in Polish?
    Kirasjerzy gwardii saskiej - Royal Polish Cuirassier Guards
    Trabanci - Polish Trabant Cavarly
    Pancerni - Polish Pancerny Cavarly
    Huzarzy gwardii - Polish Hussar Guard *
    (translates for other units are form Polish forum/ KLA post.
    (if you want link to this forum write on private)
    If there is a way to edit posts, sorry, but I cant do it. D:

Litany of fury's Avatar Libertus

Is this compatible with Darthmod v8.0??? Which version should i download. etc etc.

where can i download the AUM 3.1??? all the links are not avaiable

thanks.