Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 3.2 + Graphics Pack 1.7 - updated 7.3.11

first of all i would like to apologize and let you know of my inexperience. i have no idea what i am doing but love the game and would love to expand my game play. simply put...ho on earth do i put this into the game? anyone who knows what their doing please feel free to respond

i cannot figure out how to add this mod. followed your difections, what do i do to get it to work!?!?

hello! im trying to install the aum to a vanilla empire
    but when i followed all your instructions, and tried to start empire, it just crashes at the start up screen
    anu suggestions?

i dont get how to use AUM together with Darthmod. i maybe stupid but pls someone help me anyway!

when i add AUM then i cant use the darthmod units anymore..i think thats not how it sould be. i actually want to use the darthmod units AND the AUM units together. because i like the marines units on all these ships. the custom marines i mean. exspacially the french ones

thx

So i downloaded the mod and added the mod aum_mod.pack to my preferences.empire_script file and it would work just fine. The language and graphics packs as well. But when I load the game and i play it then close it the text line disappears from preferences file, and i have to add the line again otherwise the mods dont work. I tried adding the user.empire_script.txt above the preferences and adding aum_mod.pack into it but then it wont even load the mod..any help would be greatly appreciated,im kind of new at modding!

Foederatus

Hello Firstly Fantastic Work, No wonder this modification is so popular, however I have one query..

I was wondering how to remove the unit limit cap on elites and special forces units.. I know it's not accurate ect. but I'd really like to have an army of elites.

I wondered if anyone could give me any useful tips? I have tried editing the stats using DBEditor, but this has not changed anything for me In game.

Would anyone be kind enough to give me any instructions?

Many Thanks
    Adam

Foederatus

never mind found it

is there anyway I can edit the recruitment list as I can't recruit units because they are at the end of the list and are 'hidden' by other units..

I have a problem: unit card escape the recruting screen so I cant recruit dragoons.

Swiss, I was wondering if there is a certain trick you have to adding those warpath units in your patch? I'm running DMUC and I wanted to give them the skins for archers and the basic units since that option is no longer available in darthmod but everytime I try to add them I get a crash to desktop on start up.

I was looking over the files you edited in DBeditor and I only noticed you only edited "buildings_units_allowed" and "units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions" to add them, however when I try to add the others the same way it always results in a crash, am I missing something here?

nevermind figured it out, was an issue with creating a brand new db file.

Default Re: AUM - FAQ

Im having problems, i added all 3 folders (language, mod and patch) but when i use the mod manager it dosent detect the pack, please help me!

And if you are using the user.empire_script.txt what do you mean by adding one line??

Default Re: AUM - FAQ

I got the mod working, but the textures are screwed there like invicible. You cant se them. How can i fix this?

crosscheck86's Avatar Civis

Hey! I'm using AUM 3.2 for Darthmod 6.95 (English files) and I got a problem with the Austrian Landwehr Militia unit. They look exactly like American Longrifles:

Attachment 209068

Any idea how to fix this?

The Mediafire Link is down btw.

Also, how to rename the unique ships added by aum?

I went into units_tables/aum_units and renamed them all under Screen Name, but when I load a game their names remain, for exmaple, Saint George instead Temeraire which I set it to.

Im having a problem. I have DMUC 7.0 and i downloading this mod, and installed it. I used the mod manager at first. I then decided to use the DMUC launcher. I cleared the scripts from dmuc launcher and put in the AUM script in the user.empire_script.txt file and started up the game from the launcher. all the units are there, but there is an issue. There are no pictures and when in game there is no skins for the added units. Can anyone help me?

hmm...I also had this problem when I simply swaped the user script files, but I fixed it by adding the line "mod "aum_mod_dm.pack";" to the user script directly from the DMUC launcher. (AUM 3.2 + DMUC 6.9)

I have a problem with editing the mod, though. With DBEditor, I changed the tatar cavalery and cossaks units from Crimean Khanate (already destroyed) to Poland (plus changed "False to True where needed). What can I do to recruit this units though, if I conquered the Crimea and kept all the buildings there? Should I still mess with the requirements for them to e able to get them?

Is it possible to add, not only edit lines in DBEditor? How?

Quote Originally Posted by chosen40k View Post
    GOT IT TO WORK! It had to do with the script.

Make sure the user.empire_script is named as such and NOT user.empire_script.txt, which is what caused the problem.
    Sorry for the bump, but if anyone could elaborate on this then that would be fantastic.

My file is already named user.empire_script.txt so I haven't a clue as to what this is even talking about.

• Which AUM version do you use? (version number + vanilla, DM, APE:TI, IS) I am using version 3.1 Vanilla patched to 3.2.
    • What Language File do you use? Vanilla English
    • Which AUM units are affected? The following units are: Desert Camel Mercenaries, Swiss Guards, Netherlands Marine Corps, Line Infantry Guards, Swiss Line Infantry, Fusiliers, Royal Curraissier Guards, Light Cavalry Sharshooters, Buccaneers, Swiss Grenadiers, Royal Cairo Infantry Guard, Guerrilla Mercenaries, African Infantry Guards, Irish Volunteer Infantry, Scottish Line Infantry, European-Indian Light Infantry, (The Marines on ships in naval battles are affected as well, along with almost all unit "sergeants" if you will. These are just the ones I've found so far, playing as the dutch.
    • Campaign or custom battle problem? Both.
    • Is the error re-producable in any battle? Yes.
    • Are there any other mods or re-texture packs installed? No.

PROBLEM: All the units mentioned above (Probably some from other factions as well) appear as black or dark-blue models. None of the actual textures are there. A lot of unit "ID Cards" if you will are gone as well, although thats not as big of a problem for me.
    Additional Info:
    1.Yes, I have tried reinstalling the mod.
    2. I don't know how to take screenshots, but the script is there and the files are in the Steam/steamapps/common/empire total war/data folder.
    3. No I am not using the optional graphics pack
    4. I am not using the Mod Manager, I copyed the text into the script file.