Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 3.2 + Graphics Pack 1.7 - updated 7.3.11

Um, I have no idea what im doing wrong, but I have placed all files in the data folder and have enabled them with ETW Mod manager and Im still getting a crash to the desktop on the logo/loading screen.
    Any help with this issue would be much appreciated as I am very much looking forward to this mod.

-Nhyhn

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Nhyhn View Post
    Um, I have no idea what im doing wrong, but I have placed all files in the data folder and have enabled them with ETW Mod manager and Im still getting a crash to the desktop on the logo/loading screen.
    Any help with this issue would be much appreciated as I am very much looking forward to this mod.

-Nhyhn
    Try "Run as Administrator" for Steam. Loading screen crashes with ETW are often due to permission-related issues.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

I apologize if these have been answered before, but here it goes:

1) Being new to the AUM mod, is this mod compatible with DMUC (not DM, I know it is compatible with that)?

2) If so, which script file do I put the two script lines in? There are several ex: UC (Ultimate Campaign), LC (late campaign), GC (Grand Campaign).

3) I have tried following the DM install instructions to the letter, including changing the script files (both in one specific set of scripts and then in every set of scripts), no matter what I seem to do, I get an error during the load screen after I select my faction. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Hi macnaughton9

it should be fine, please if you have an issue take a look here and post in the thread

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=256265

Swiss - hope things are going well in the recovery mate
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Quote Originally Posted by nlovertoom View Post
    Hi, I use aum 3.2 + the patch for DM. About two dozen unit cards appear blank and about a dozen units appear as black/brown ghosts on the battlefield. Any help? Thanks
    This, except for the vanilla version WITH 3.2, and Englsh language pack.

BTW thanks for the mod SH! Hope you feel better!

Hi chosen40k/nlovertoomJandaph/ - can you give example of the units with issues

Hi Nhyhn - have you checked Geronimo2006's advice, did it work ok, have you also placed the user.script correctly
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ent=aumbug.jpg

It affects all the new units added.

BTW it was fine before I installed DM, now I have uninstalled it (and reinstalled my game to boot) and the problem still persists. Interestingly, it worked fine with DM.

Hi chosen40k - attached you can see I have the same set-up with all unit cards showing.

Have you applied the 3.2 patch?

Can you post your user.script?

I have applied the 3.2 patch.

the user script says (the --- is the top most border):

---------------
    mod "aum_mod.pack";

equally I have mine installed without issue with DMUC, so are you just running vanilla only at present, or any other MODs?

No just vanilla. That's what's weird. I first played in vanilla (worked fine, conquered the world with GB) then I installed DM. Also worked fine (placed India under the heel of the Confederacy). I then uninstalled DM (NOT UC) because the smokes from the guns were too much for my graphics card, reinstalled the game, then the issue happened.
    Last edited by chosen40k; July 24, 2011 at 06:15 PM.

GOT IT TO WORK! It had to do with the script.

Make sure the user.empire_script is named as such and NOT user.empire_script.txt, which is what caused the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by chosen40k View Post
    GOT IT TO WORK! It had to do with the script.

Make sure the user.empire_script is named as such and NOT user.empire_script.txt, which is what caused the problem.

Yes! it worked! Thanks alot buddy

Does anyone use AUM 3.2 w/ TAR?

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Hey, is it possible to not have the reskins? I mean, line infantry used to look different for each faction, now line infantry is all just white with either gold, orange, or red lapels. Also, the grey cossacks looked cooler. So, is it possible to use the vanilla skins and still use AUM?

awesome mod, great work guys.

I have found the recruitable arab units most useful in my Knights of St John campaign

I recently downloaded this mod and some of the units do not have a picture in the unit card I am wondering if anyone else or yourself know how to fix this. Thank You

You need to download mod manager, that's what happens when the mod isn't fully loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    You need to download mod manager, that's what happens when the mod isn't fully loaded.
    I have the mod manager 1.5 installed, do I need something else?

Nope, just put it in your etw data folder, select the aum_mod.pack in your folder, and hit launch on mod manager.