Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 3.2 + Graphics Pack 1.7 - updated 7.3.11

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post

Hello IGdood, could you please provide some screenshots?

It is known that some "vanilla" models swap their heads/hats/helmets in certain circumstances. This problem is related to the LOD (Level of Detail) system which has four levels which ETW swaps if you zoom in and out.

Hi Swiss, here are the screenshots.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Also, I noticed that even if I'm playing a minor nation, while I can't hire Swiss mercenaries and such, there are still many units for me to choose from.
    Last edited by IGdood; April 16, 2011 at 09:04 PM.

Default Re: AUM - FAQ

patch 1.3 "14 free units" +
    DLC "14 Elite units of the West" + DLC "Warpath Campaign" + DLC "15 Elite units of America" + DLC "12 Elite units of the East"

Does this mean I don't have to buy the DLC from steam?

Icon5 Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 3.2 + Graphics Pack 1.7 - updated 7.3.11

[QUOTE=Swiss Halberdier;9375255]Hello AstroCat, yes zero conflicts because you don't have the "aum_mod_dm.pack" in your data folder anymore.

Hi. thanks for the AUM pack. I've been using it for APETI. It's fantastic. I wonder if it would be possible to incorporate the 24 gun frigate, 38 gun frigate, 50, and 64 gun ships of the line from NTW into the next AUM? The 24 gun frigates were very common in the SYW, so were 50s, and 64s.

cheers

David Prosser

I have installed the vanilla version and the unit size is still at vanilla even though I have it set at Ultra, I am still at 80 for grenaders, yet shouldn't it be at 250? Did I missread the original post?
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/b2141296/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]

hey people, I am maybe stupid, but where can i download "aum_mod_dm.pack" ? im unable to find it :/
    Im playing Darthmod with AUM but some units are without names, some are without textures they are all brown :/
    thx

Hi again Swiss, do you think it would be possible to create an European mercenary elephant unit?

That is, it would be like a regular elephant unit but then the riders would have the Company line Infantry model?

Hi again Swiss H. !!!!
    i´m about to install your AUM project ...
    I have DMUC v 6.2 , upgraded to 6.9 , and i just downloaded de AUM 3.1 full + 3.2 patch ... but in the FAQ there are a lot of files to download and i´m a little bit confused whitch one do i need to choose for DMUC ...?

Attached Filespatch_aum_en_loc.7z (813.9 KB, 960 views)patch_aum_ge_loc.7z (829.9 KB, 287 views)patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.7z (807.9 KB, 158 views)patch_aum_en_loc_is.7z (766.4 KB, 122 views)unit_pack_compatibility_project_v6_3.7z (1.03 MB, 607 views)unit_pack_compatibility_project_v2_7_german.7z (1.13 MB, 324 views)unit_pack_compatibility_project_v1_5_french.7z (1.09 MB, 155 views)unit_pack_compatibility_project_v1_3_spanish.7z (1.13 MB, 99 views)

Is there a patch aum en loc. DM 7Z ?

TYVM !!!!
    Last edited by MarKusDib; April 24, 2011 at 03:41 PM.

Hey Swiss good release and thanks for sticking to ETW. I find the campaign much more interesting to play then the next 2 in the total war series although I do play NTW. Anyway this is a great idea and request, hope it can be added or implemented
    Hi. thanks for the AUM pack. I've been using it for APETI. It's fantastic. I wonder if it would be possible to incorporate the 24 gun frigate, 38 gun frigate, 50, and 64 gun ships of the line from NTW into the next AUM? The 24 gun frigates were very common in the SYW, so were 50s, and 64s.
    Not sure about the models but yea these numbers and models if possible would be sweet!

Push on, brave York volunteers

Diogthykiller's Avatar Foederatus

I downloaded the 7z utility and try to de-compress the files but I'm not able. Could anyone specify what do I have to do exactly after downloading 7zip in order to de-compress the files?
    Never mind, solved my problem. THANK YOU very much good sir Swiss Halberdier for such excellent work. My gratitude towards you.
    Last edited by Diogthykiller; April 27, 2011 at 04:09 PM.

Ok , i´m learning a little bit more right now ... i´ve downloaded 6.9 + AUM 3.2 + grafics pack + eng loc , but i can´t find the scripts.txt like the examples in the first page ...
    if i couldn´t find them , i´ll would not be able to play this wonderfull mod ...
    Anyone has a clue ?
    Should i try mod manager 1.5 ?
    TY

I've been wanting to download this for several days now, but the instructions are not clear to me. I know very little about computers and the instructions seem to be directed towards those who have modded before or modify their own files. I'm just lost when you are instructed to either use mod manager to activate AUM or overwrite script files.

I only have DMUC 6.9 installed as another mod, could someone tell me what I need to download and where do I put it, and then how do I activate it?

Perhaps I wont bother in fear of ruining what I have already.

Looks like a great addition just two points, the Irish regiments wore red tunics (not green) just like all the English, Scottish and Welsh regiments and the Connought Rangers were a Foot regiment so used muskets not rifles (at least in the Empire/Napolean era).
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

I am trying to remove some of the "unlocked" vanilla units from the game following the instructions but something's not working. For example, using DBEditor 1.8 I deleted the whole row for Riskers of Souls in aum_units_to_groupings_military_permissions, saved the edited version successfully, started the game only to see Riskers of Souls are still recruitable. Any help is welcome.

Solved!
    Figured out I should be editing the 3.2 patch file instead.
    Last edited by Time Golem; May 01, 2011 at 09:04 AM.

Im trying to get this mod working with DMUC 6.9.

I have put all the files, including the patch files into the Data directory along with the graphics mod.

However, I have blank unit cards for the additional units. Further to this, if I try and use those units in a battle, they have a wood texture to them. Can anyone help me fix this please? Thank you.
    Last edited by deathjesteruk; May 01, 2011 at 04:14 PM.

who have problems with missingunit icons or other strange issues please check if you have these two files below in your ETW folder:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data

aum_mod*.pack
    patch_aum_mod*_3_2.pack

Both files must be in this folder that it works.

Please check if the AUM entry is in your user.empire_script.txt:
    Hi Swiss I checked all of these suggestions but am still getting blank unit cards for certain units in the custom battle setup. If I look at the tech tree in the campaign I can see that these same units will be blank there as well (have no saved games right now). I have deleted and reinstalled all of the files as well as redone the user script text but nothing works. I also checked the game integrity, it downloaded one missing file but this had no impact. Every file that should be there is in the right folders. I am using Vanilla.

any other ideas?

Hello everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me get this mod to work. I've gone through the instructions and downloaded the mod (for vanilla) and the language file, unzipped them with 7-Zip, copied them into the Empire Total War data folder, created the user.empire_script file and added the AUM entry to that. However, when I launch the game, it goes to the loading screen for a few seconds, then says that Empire Total War has stopped working. I tried re-downloading them a couple times, but I get the same problem every time. I'm guessing someone else has had this problem and asked about it here, but I looked through half the thread and didn't see anything that sounded like my problem. Can anyone tell me how to get this to work??

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

I put all the files needed for vanilla in, and the graphics pack. Then I started the game and went to custom battles.

1st Problem: No ui cards for new units.

2nd Problem: when I started the battle, it loaded, then crashed.

Florin86's Avatar Foederatus

CTD with CAUSA BELLI 2.0

Nation : Malta (Knights)

Quote Originally Posted by George Cziffra View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me get this mod to work. I've gone through the instructions and downloaded the mod (for vanilla) and the language file, unzipped them with 7-Zip, copied them into the Empire Total War data folder, created the user.empire_script file and added the AUM entry to that. However, when I launch the game, it goes to the loading screen for a few seconds, then says that Empire Total War has stopped working. I tried re-downloading them a couple times, but I get the same problem every time. I'm guessing someone else has had this problem and asked about it here, but I looked through half the thread and didn't see anything that sounded like my problem. Can anyone tell me how to get this to work??

Are you using any other mods, did you add in the patch file, and are you using the unit compatibility stuff?

Thanks to all the modders! Just learning about mods and cannot go back to vanilla. AUM 3.2 works great with DMUC 6.95. This may help new modders like me:

Make sure when applying mods and patches you place in the C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\. I also had the missing unit icons at first and strange unit bugs. However, I had not installed all the way to \data in C:\. Because I had just installed DMUC and DM and only needed to dump those files into \common\empire total war, I made the mistake of trying to dump AUM + patches to the same...easy mistake...big frustration. Now that they are in the correct \data\ mod works like a charm.

Thanks for all of the hard work to Swiss, etc,. Beautiful mod...looking forward future installments!