Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 3.2 + Graphics Pack 1.7 - updated 7.3.11

The units and the textures for said units are fine, it's just that the id cards are just giant blank rectangles.
    Makes it extremely annoying when looking through the units and seeing who's who during battle.

Not using a mod manager, copied the text into the script file... obviously.
    Not using any additional packs.
    The only other mod I have is just to reduce the bullet tracer effects.

Bumping again.
    Seriously? No one has any clue what chosen40k was talking about?
    I've tried removing the .txt extension and that didn't do anything.

I'm assuming this is no longer being added to but incase it is, I would love to see all cavalry in the game get the dismount option. Having that in shogun and going back to not having it really makes me miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deakul View Post
    The units and the textures for said units are fine, it's just that the id cards are just giant blank rectangles.
    Makes it extremely annoying when looking through the units and seeing who's who during battle.

Not using a mod manager, copied the text into the script file... obviously.
    Not using any additional packs.
    The only other mod I have is just to reduce the bullet tracer effects.
    try loading AUM last, that worked for me when i had that problem.

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

i installed the following yesterday in this order and have been playing a couple of vanilla save games(no other mods installed)
    i installed in the following order

1.AUM 3.1 for vanilla with english language file
    2.graphics pack 1.7 (love it !)
    3.AUM 3.2
    activated the scpript ok

here are some screens
    as you can see there are missing UI cards and missing textures which other people have mentioned,is this because i havent started a new game?
    sorry if i`m being thick
    great mod

ps-i dont have warpath but have all the other DLC packs.
    Last edited by johnswan; April 05, 2012 at 05:00 PM.

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

i seem to have sorted this out

1.installed graphics 1.7
    2.installed AUM 3.1 and eng loc and added script

did not install AUM 3.2 patch
    now all unit cards and textures seem to be present and correct

continued ottoman save game

however have a problem,each time i play i have to add to the script at the top of prefrences despite saving it as a unicode file,can anyone help ?

ignore above,using the mod manager now
    Last edited by johnswan; April 12, 2012 at 03:59 AM.

Installing this mod is very hard...Tried to install it on Darth mods but nothing happens ! no new units in costium battles ( so i think they won't be in campaing too) ... i think i did all points of installing as it was writed :<.
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

mav61's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by dSchmitt View Post
    Hi there,

sorry for bothering you with my question, I'm not really that good at that entire computer thing. I recently picked this game up, because I'm such a great fan of the wars/soldiers/uniforms of that time .
    But unfortunately I'm having a little trouble installing it...
    I basically followed the discription 1 by 1. I'm currently playing "Empire total war; Version 1.5" with the add ons "Warpath; Elite Units of the West, East and America" - all in Vanilla.
    Everything worked out fine, I installed and added
    -"aum_mod.pack"
    -"patch_aum_en_loc.pack"
    to the data file. And created the "user.empire_script.txt" -file

Later on I updated and added the "patch_aum_mod*_3_2.pack" to my ETW data directory as well, so that it was compatibel with my add-ons.
    Thinking I was done, I started the game as usual. I was happy to see that a whole lot more Units were now available. But now to the real Problem:
    The unit cards show no picture... Even If I load a battle with them, they just appear entirely black, with no deatail or whatsoever...

I thought I had made a mistake and also added "patch_aum_graphics.pack" as well as "unit_pack_compatibility_project_v6_3.pack" to the directory... Unfortunately it was all of no use.

I'd be really thankful if you could help me, since I'd love to play that mod. But already thanks for taking the time for reading this.

Thanks already and kind regards, Dominik.
    Hmm i'm having the same problem...i also did the Napoleon version also and the graphics cards are blank on those ones also tough mod

Is it just me or is the graphics 1.7 patch missing? can someone please give me the download link? thanks

Damn the models are black with latest DMUC .

You can fix the skins on DMUC by installing the graphics pack and putting the aum at the top of the uc script file on the DMUC launcher

Damn i don't understand...
    1 What graphics pack ?
    2 How to put AUM on top of the uc script ?

look at this -->

Quote Originally Posted by RustyJavelin View Post
    For people having issues with the unit tiles having no picture and units having no skins, i'll give you what i did to fix it.

-Make sure you get the graphics pack at here (OP links are dead) http://www.moddb.com/mods/aum/downlo...aphics-pack-17
    -put it in the data folder
    -manually add the two lines to the top of the user script once you have the launcher open (mod aum_mod_dm.pack; mod darthmod.pack

fixed things for me, hope this works for everyone else. and sorry if this fix has been posted already, i searched and couldn't find it

Do these units work in the road to independance?

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
    Do these units work in the road to independance?
    Which episode do you mean?

can someone help me i have this bug... i think... i have a pair of units that dont have mini image an when i try to play with some of this units the game crash and close... how can i repair this
    the problem is with a unique units
    United States: Pulaski's Legion, 2nd Continental Light Dragoons, Lee's Legion, 2nd New York, 1st Maryland, 1st Delaware, Morgan's Provisional Rifle Corp

Great Britain: Tarleton's Light Dragoons, Brunswicker Dragoons, Royal Welch Fusilers, Hessian Grenadiers, King's Royal Regiment of New York, 33rd Foot, Company of Select Marksmen/Fraser's Rangers.

Hannover: Brunswicker Dragoons, Hessian Grenadiers

France: Royal Deux-Ponts Regiment

ok no matter, the problem is with a DLC bad installation... i reinstalled it and all works fine

I'm having the same problem as the poster above, but I'm not sure what he means by reinstalling his DLC. There is no option in steam to reinstall DLC as far as I know.

i reinstall all the vanilla game with all the patches and packs that the vanilla game have... then i install the DMUC and AUM mod and all works fine

Hey turns out that the problem was that I hadn't put AUM at the top of my user script. Glad I didn't go ahead and re-install everything.