Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 3.2 + Graphics Pack 1.7 - updated 7.3.11

For large scale editing DB Editor is I think easier, however Pack File Manager is required to unpack, pack and the later versions you can also view the textures (you can download from the site, the versions I use are uploaded in this thread - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Editing-Units)
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

thank you really much, but how do i replace (or overwrite) the reskinned british line infantry from the graphic pack, i already add the new skin to data and line in the user script to activate it but the skin remain the same(nothing change) ???

no probs., using the Pack File Manager - open the pack where the textures you want are - click on unit models - textures and right click - extract selected (do this for both textures)

then open up the AUM patch locate the fixtures you want to replace and then at the top menu press file replace file (repeat for both textures), save and launch the mod
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

you're my man bro

Pardon me, but I'd take it that you're replacing Swiss Halberdier's charge of this mod. I suffer the same problem as a lot of people here, white unit cards, no unit texture, ocassional CTDs and the like. I don't want to use Darth Mod as it is simply too heavy for my poor laptop. How do I fix the lack of textures then?
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by heil nappy View Post
    Pardon me, but I'd take it that you're replacing Swiss Halberdier's charge of this mod. I suffer the same problem as a lot of people here, white unit cards, no unit texture, ocassional CTDs and the like. I don't want to use Darth Mod as it is simply too heavy for my poor laptop. How do I fix the lack of textures then?
    unfortunately not - if I see an issue and can assist then I will

I don't have the vanilla version downloaded and have none of the issues with the Darth version that seem to be problematic with the vanilla (or other version?), as we tend to isolate and fix any issues (where possible) prior to release for DM versions, or correct issues are reported

For unit cards
    This is likely to be
    1. Missing unit card
    2. issue with or missing unit card mask
    3. some form of naming conflict between Unit card and data tables

Unit texture as above

CTD's could be anything, (including local computer issues, general ETW issues) - the simplest method is before any battle save your game, if you encounter a CTD going into battle, re-load and identify the units in the battle. You then need to test them in a custom battle until you isolate the offending unit, could be the first, or the 20th

sorry I can't be more specific, if you have screen shots of the issues perhaps it can be narrowed down further

You could try a DM version, and adjust the unit sizes down with the DB editor, that way it should resolve any issues
    Last edited by ♔hammeredalways♔; August 15, 2013 at 08:38 AM.

This mod is compatible with DME 8.0.1 ?

it works with DME, but the stats are not synced so you may see some strange behavior

What strange behaviour ?

they may start poking there tongues out at you, or doing handstands (only joking)

The line forming and spacing will be different, which can cause units to shuffle and overlap, they can lose cohesion and or take time to deploy and fire in comparison to the others

I've a CTD at the launch of the game... I don't understand... How must I install this thing ?
    Go belgium!

TheMacchiavelli's Avatar Libertus

That's a bummer I want those 64 pounders for Russia!

Quote Originally Posted by Nac82 View Post
    I've a CTD at the launch of the game... I don't understand... How must I install this thing ?
    have you followed the instructions in post 1, check 5b

Icon12 Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 3.2 + Graphics Pack 1.7 - updated 7.3.11

Quote Originally Posted by ♔hammeredalways♔ View Post
    unfortunately not - if I see an issue and can assist then I will

I don't have the vanilla version downloaded and have none of the issues with the Darth version that seem to be problematic with the vanilla (or other version?), as we tend to isolate and fix any issues (where possible) prior to release for DM versions, or correct issues are reported

For unit cards
    This is likely to be
    1. Missing unit card
    2. issue with or missing unit card mask
    3. some form of naming conflict between Unit card and data tables

Unit texture as above

CTD's could be anything, (including local computer issues, general ETW issues) - the simplest method is before any battle save your game, if you encounter a CTD going into battle, re-load and identify the units in the battle. You then need to test them in a custom battle until you isolate the offending unit, could be the first, or the 20th

sorry I can't be more specific, if you have screen shots of the issues perhaps it can be narrowed down further

You could try a DM version, and adjust the unit sizes down with the DB editor, that way it should resolve any issues
    Wait! Are you saying that I can use a DM version although I'm not using Darth Mod? Please say yes!
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

well you would need to tweak the stats in line with either vanilla or other Mod, bur other than that should be fine (bigger question is why are you not using Darthmod)

Quote Originally Posted by ♔hammeredalways♔ View Post
    well you would need to tweak the stats in line with either vanilla or other Mod, bur other than that should be fine (bigger question is why are you not using Darthmod)
    Like I said previously, Darth Mod is simply too big for my overworked laptop (which is not meant for gaming BTW. I played Assassin's Creed 2 on 1-7 fps!) Anyway, so how can this 'tweaking' be done? And also, what has happened to SwissHalberdier? A sudden halt in activities is kinda odd.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) - is outdated but will be updated soon

I got a PM tonight...

I felt as if the world shifted...

Suddenly my solitary dreams of a Rome II mod was possibly realized...

I don't know if APE: TI fed off of his work or if AUM fed off of our work...

All I know is...

Swiss is EPIC.

I have no words.

You're all just going to have to... see...
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Quote Originally Posted by heil nappy View Post
    Like I said previously, Darth Mod is simply too big for my overworked laptop (which is not meant for gaming BTW. I played Assassin's Creed 2 on 1-7 fps!) Anyway, so how can this 'tweaking' be done? And also, what has happened to SwissHalberdier? A sudden halt in activities is kinda odd.
    apologies I had missed your reply, effectively you would need to lower unit sizes, change the various unit tables back to vanilla variants etc., but I believe you are in luck, Swiss is back so keep any eye on the thread............

l33tl4m3r

Thanks a lot for your nice welcome for me here again my patron. ;-)

♔hammeredalways♔

Thank you tremendously for being on my various threads to answer questions and giving valuable support feedback!

Hello AUM-EMP players,

finally I'm back again and I will update AUM-EMP to the final version of Empire (last patch and all DLCs). It will feature important adjusting, balancing, bug fixing and other tweaks related to the final version of Empire.

There will be no new units for Empire as I will do AUM for Rome 2. But there will be further patch support for AUM-EMP to improve it.

I will inform you as soon as possible about the upcoming updates.

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Hello AUM-EMP players,

finally I'm back again and I will update AUM-EMP to the final version of Empire (last patch and all DLCs). It will feature important adjusting, balancing, bug fixing and other tweaks related to the final version of Empire.

There will be no new units for Empire as I will do AUM for Rome 2. But there will be further patch support for AUM-EMP to improve it.

I will inform you as soon as possible about the upcoming updates.

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier
    Yippee! The Marines and Engineers shall march again! Now, Moscow, we'll see who laughs when I clamber over your walls with my Marines!