Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 3.2 + Graphics Pack 1.7 - updated 7.3.11

Quote Originally Posted by carie86 View Post
    Thanks, it looks awesome, but i had a problem, i cant see the "minipictures" of the units, in the recruitment panel, if somebody could tell me a sollution that would be awesome, im playing the Darthmod 8.0 without any other mod, in english, tried with and without the graphic patch, sorry for the bad english and thanks in advance for any help
    Really sorry but i cant find an edit button
    In game the units are all black,wothout uniform or anything, there is a way to fix that?

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Hi - what version of DM are you using, I have just loaded the packs and picked a variety of units and all seem fine in game
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Quote Originally Posted by ♔hammeredalways♔ View Post
    Hi - what version of DM are you using, I have just loaded the packs and picked a variety of units and all seem fine in game
    Darthmod 8.0 downloaded from here http://www.moddb.com/mods/darthmod-empire

that's good, when you downloaded the AUM Mod you should have

aum_mod_dm
    patch_aum_graphics
    patch_aum_mod_dm_3_2

make sure that you have copied all three files to your game folder (normally)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data

Launch DME

click edit - user script

copy the line aum_mod_dm

click add, then update user script and close

launch the game

let me know if it works ok, or if you still have issues
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

that's good, when you downloaded the AUM Mod you should have

aum_mod_dm
    patch_aum_graphics
    patch_aum_mod_dm_3_2

make sure that you have copied all three files to your game folder (normally)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data

Launch DME

click edit - user script

copy the line aum_mod_dm

click add, then update user script and close

launch the game

let me know if it works ok, or if you still have issues
    Sir, you are awesome, it works perfect now, somebody should put your post in the first post of the thread
    Thanks a lot!

no probs., hope you enjoy - and if you get bored or want more units check out the sub-forum http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...mpire-Sub-Mods

no probs., hope you enjoy - and if you get bored or want more units check out the sub-forum http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...mpire-Sub-Mods
    Sure ill do, by the way, do you have some recomendations?

The Polish mod is good, but my favourite is Causa Belli

Hello, I have some trouble with my AUM mod, some ( most of them ) of the new unit have white picture et brown skin, I can't find any answer for this problem.
    In my data folder there are 3 files :

aum_mod
    patch_aum_mod_3_2
    unit_pack_compatibility_project_v1_5_french

And in the script folder i've created the user.empire_script with ( without the quotation ) "mod aum_mod.pack"

Did I made a mistake ? Is this a common problem ?

Hope you understand my tired english. Thanks.
    Last edited by Firnafin; July 28, 2013 at 09:15 AM.

perhaps try downloading the graphics pack as well, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13053929

Downloading, thanks.

More info on my problem : The white unit card also affect the naval unit, but they are correctly textured on the battle map.

I've tried to play another custom battle with some of the new unit, and i got a game crash.

is the problem still there even with the graphic pack in place?, perhaps you can screenshot the units you are choosing in battle?

The problem is still there yes. Well, it's almost every new units, only 1 on 10 is well textured, like the indian mercenary. But no more game crash, don't known why.

Hum I remember that i've changed some unit stats on vanilla, like the turns to build and the unit limit, does it affect the mod ?
    Last edited by Firnafin; July 28, 2013 at 11:07 AM.

tweaking the stats should have no impact, do you have any other Mods? - can you screenshot so I can see the problem

Ok. No other mods.

The screenshots :

I've choseen the unit randomly

http://www.noelshack.com/2013-30-137...8-41-16-18.png

http://www.noelshack.com/2013-30-137...8-38-33-89.png

Then the game crash when the loading finish. So I've made new screenshot with fewer troups to prevent another game crash.

Swiss guards : http://www.noelshack.com/2013-30-137...8-46-30-79.png

Another unit : http://www.noelshack.com/2013-30-137...8-46-36-17.png

Another unit : http://www.noelshack.com/2013-30-137...8-46-41-21.png

African Infantry : http://www.noelshack.com/2013-30-137...8-46-52-65.png

Irish "fusilier" and american mercenary : http://www.noelshack.com/2013-30-137...8-47-03-77.png

The in game shots where the units are brown is an issue with the textures, generally that there is no texture, or the file name does not match what the data in the game tables says (i.e. it is looking for something that is not there), the unit cards I expect is either no card present or a masking issue, a naming conflict or combinations of these. Unfortunately I cannot replicate the issues as the pack I use if the Darthmod pack version (I uploaded a link to the pack see post 2662) - in terms of how you can proceed much will depend on your understanding of gaming files and checking each of the files to make sure that all components are present and that the descriptions of the models, icons and textures all match that which is in he various data files, it is a slow, painful task. Alternatively you could try using the Darth version and mod the units down in size, that I expect would be simpler and quicker

Thanks for your help, I'm downloading the Darthmod and if there is any other problem I will post here, thanks again.

need help. i love everything from the 1.7 graphic pack except for the british line infatry skin and US line infantry skin, it overwrite my sircaesar line infantry skins for both factions so i want to remove the graphic pack skin ??? how do i do it ? i try to edit the user script like this

sircaesar_british_line.pack;
    graphic_patch.pack;

but nothing happen, the unit still have the graphic pack skin, not my skin ????

help me please, i dont want to remove this awesome graphic pack just because the british/united state line infantry skins look suck for me

I believe the graphics pack is not actually saved as a Mod pack, so you would need to open with the Pack File Manager and change type, from its current to Mod, see if that works - the name of the AUM pack must be exactly the same in your user_script as it appears in the data/directory (once you have changed the pack type)

i try with the DBeditor but nothing show up, not even a unit_table like other unit mod so i cant determine which unit I will remove for a better skinned one >

also, is the pack file manager = dbeditor in term of modding and editing unit stats, accuracy ??