Thread: Douanes Nationales, custom unit

Default Douanes Nationales, custom unit

Hello All.
    I have decided for trying to make a new custom unit for etw.
    If it works out good, maybe I will do some more in the near future

I want to start with a unit that is almost identyical to the one I do in napoleonic reenactment;
    the revolutionary customs officers, started in 1791 onder the Directiore, called the douanes nationales.

These men were all veterans and ex soldiers; for joining you had to have a military carriere of seven years,
    you could apply for a job only in the same year that you left the army.

Besides their main tasks, controlling goods and enforcing the law, they were also used military,
    this grow in the years to come, especially under Napoleon, were they reaced a number of 40.000 douaniers.

I started with reading how to create a new model terutorial.
    Downloaded the pack file manager.
    Opened the 3 textures files for the standard euro french line infantry.
    renamed them to; douanes_nationales_diffuse.dds etc.

I blackened the whole gloss map.
    I repainted the colours of the diffuse map
    Did change nothing on the normal_map.dds (?)

The drawing that I use for this special unit is this one;

As for their jacket and veste, those are finished, but now i want to try to build them into the game, so i could test them.
    My problem with the custom unit teretorial however is that i dont understand the text how this works (my own language is not english).
    Some terms i dont understand, and i would need a more simpler, step by step explenation.

Also they need their own stats, etc.
    They are only recruteble in Strasbourg, are a revolutionary unit only, and appear after 1791, only 1 unit to recrute.

To represent them as veterans, they should have a little better shooting accuracy then line units, have a little higher mellee stat, and a little higher moral.
    Their number is just 60 men, and they also have the light infantry abbility.

Who can help me with finishing this first project sq help me to get those green chausseurs (nickname) in this beautifull game!

Regards
    Eric.

Default Re: Douanes Nationales, custom unit

Too bad, still no reply, looks like everybody is too busy ..