Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant load any IS save

Default SI-CTD

I just started my first SI campaign as Britain and I have run into a problem. After ending turn on turn 16 I had a CTD as I decided to break my alliance with Hannover because sweden declared war on them. Well, that gave me a CTD, and now whenever I try to load any of the saved games for that campaign I get the same CTD (and I have a saved game for every turn), with the white box telling me ETW has stopped working.

Grr, this is frustrating as I was just about to land my army In georgia and I was really looking forward to the modifications SI has made on the Native Americans. Any one have a clue about this problem?
    ~Loyalty always, but honor first.~

Default Cant load any IS save

Just as a FYI:

played about 40 turns of the latest IS mod - saved a few points in the game.

Cant load any of them, game crashes every time.

tried deleting preferences - still wont load any IS game-save.

Gomer_Pyle's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Cant load any IS save

Must be something wrong with your game mate. Because never seen this. Have you got the latest vanilla version of ETW?

We make war that we may live in peace.

-Aristotle-

This is a vanilla CTD, unfortunately. One of the most popular, if you will. Your campaign gets corrupted

It happened to me on pretty much any vanilla campaign I started the first week the game was out.

When you say vanilla works fine - does that mean that you can load that save game with no mods running? Or that you haven't experienced this in vanilla yet.
    Last edited by Lazy Knight; April 16, 2009 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer_Pyle View Post
    Must be something wrong with your game mate.
    Why must there be something wrong with my game?

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer_Pyle View Post
    Have you got the latest vanilla version of ETW?
    Yes.

Vanilla works fine, other mods work fine, IS saves always CTD.

And, no, I dont have other mod files installed when using IS mod othr than the alternative start (normal turn sequence though)

Gomer_Pyle's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: SI-CTD

A CTD when you actually clicked the button to break the alliance or during the ai turn after?

We make war that we may live in peace.

-Aristotle-

Quote Originally Posted by Quixote07 View Post
    This is a vanilla CTD. One of the most popular, if you will. Your campaign gets corrupted.

It happened on pretty much every GC I played the first week the game came out.

When you say vanilla works fine - does that mean that you can load that save game with no mods running? Or that you haven't experienced this in vanilla yet.

I have experienced it in vanilla but never to this extent and in the vast majority of circumstances deleting preferences fixed the problem - i haven't seen it to this extent though - I had 7 ISmod saves and all were unusable.

What is odd is that they all became unusable at the same time: I had previously loaded up an IS Mod save and was continuing with that latest turn. Exited the game, turned of PC, came back later - at hich point none of the IS mods would load.

I removed IS mod and repalced all files to vanilla, then re-installed the IS elements, still wouldnt load any of them.

I have experienced the same thing in Vanilla and with Darthmod, but in both cases deleting preferences fixed the issue with all saves, it just doesnt want to work with ISmod though.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbar View Post
    I have experienced it in vanilla but never to this extent and in the vast majority of circumstances deleting preferences fixed the problem - i haven't seen it to this extent though - I had 7 ISmod saves and all were unusable.

What is odd is that they all became unusable at the same time: I had previously loaded up an IS Mod save and was continuing with that latest turn. Exited the game, turned of PC, came back later - at hich point none of the IS mods would load.

I removed IS mod and repalced all files to vanilla, then re-installed the IS elements, still wouldnt load any of them.

I have experienced the same thing in Vanilla and with Darthmod, but in both cases deleting preferences fixed the issue with all saves, it just doesnt want to work with ISmod though.

Did the previous version of the IS mod have the modified startpos.esf file?

yes - all based on the same game using the different startpos.

My hunch is that's what's causing the problem. You came back to an old game with a different startpos.esf. If you replace the startpos.esf with the one you deleted (hopefully you still have it), I bet that'd fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixote07 View Post
    My hunch is that's what's causing the problem. You came back to an old game with a different startpos.esf. If you replace the startpos.esf with the one you deleted (hopefully you still have it), I bet that'd fix it.

nope - startpos hasnt changed. same file, same game ( same modified startost for all IS saves - the one 40-turn game, which is the one linked on the download thread)

Ok, let me clarify the situation then.

You have 7 IS saves, and they're all from the same campaign. Now none of them work. That sounds like the vanilla bug. I don't know why deleting the preference file doesn't work, but I will note that that has never been 100% successful, by most accounts.

It is not the vanilla bug. I havnt had the vanilla bug since the first couple weeks of release. Vanilla works fine. i installed IS last night and started a campaign. And the CTD happened. Besides with the similar vanilla save game CTD it was caused by the trade nodes, and never corrupted EVERY save game for a certain campaign, only the ones where certain AI factions had effected trade nodes

Erunion Telcontar's Avatar Senator

But there are saved-game corruption vanilla bugs. It appears that you simply didn't get one until you got IS. (AFAIK, they are rare...)
    If they are different games, but all IS, then it sounds like an IS bug.

+Rep for anyone who can translate! (The above)
    Auta i lóme! Aurë entuluva!

It is odd the way that once the bug hits it affects all save games - which suggests it isnt the trade-node vanilla bug.

Hmm.. I reported a similar problem a time ago, does your ETW crash when you load the savegame? I mean, like when the loading bar is almost full.

Cause that's what happened to me. I figured it might be that I used Startpos version 1.2 when I started that game, but then updated to 1.4.

My problem occured when I reinstalled the game, applied all the patches, installed latest IS and Startpos. So there could be many things causing my savegame to break.

It crashes at about 1 inch of the load bar, every time. I just read the latest "Daily Update" and it said something about any mod which changes the unit stats has this problem with the new patch, but as Im not a beta tester this is unlikly, however we have seen that CA has been releasing small updates without any changelog. Maybe? I did do a game cashe verification last night once I started having this problem and it did DL something. I couldnt tell you what, though.

yeah chrashes about an inch in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugin84 View Post
    It crashes at about 1 inch of the load bar, every time. I just read the latest "Daily Update" and it said something about any mod which changes the unit stats has this problem with the new patch, but as Im not a beta tester this is unlikly, however we have seen that CA has been releasing small updates without any changelog. Maybe? I did do a game cashe verification last night once I started having this problem and it did DL something. I couldnt tell you what, though.
    No update, you downloaded a new startpos.esf and scripting.lua, because the old ones were modified, and Steam fixes that for you when you tell it to do verification.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast