Thread: Mod not installing

Default Mod not installing

Hi, i tried to install the mod by putting the files in teh correct places as desecribed in the main sticky (.lua, . pack and espos one) but when i play none of the effects seem to have taken place - still 70 range for muskets, units sizes same, cannons have 400 range. what do i need to do?

thanks

Gomer_Pyle's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Mod not installing

Installation Instructions

Put the mod_is.pack file in your data folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data is the default directory

Put the user.empire_script.txt file in one of the following directories

Windows Vista
    C:\Users\(Your User Name Here)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

Click here if you can't find the folder

Windows XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name Here)\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

Click here if you can't find the folder

The Last Step

First, create a backup of the following folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main

Then put both files from the is_startpos.rar into that folder. You're set!

Make sure that mod_is.pack is inside /data folder and scripting.lua + startpos.esf is inside /main folder. Just overlook main2. You may have put mod_is.pack inside /main folder too?
    Last edited by Quixote07; April 15, 2009 at 08:54 AM.

We make war that we may live in peace.

-Aristotle-

Senator

The mod_is.pack file just has to be in the data folder, the other two have to be in the folder called main inside the campain folder. The files that go in the main folder won't work with out the mod_is.pack file and the mod_is.pack file won't work with out the line in the user.empire_scripts.txt that should read "mod mod_is.pack;"

Hope that cleers things up.

The instructions make it seems like you are supposed to put the two files into the COPY of the main file that you made. That is, if by "back up" you meant copy it, which I did. I just put them in the main file and it seemed to work. Might want to clarify the instructions for those who don't understand how programs work.

Gomer_Pyle's Avatar Ducenarius

Make a new folder inside /main folder and call it /backup. Then copy the 2 files from /main folder into it.

We make war that we may live in peace.

-Aristotle-

Having the same problem, know that I have put everything where it should be, checked and doublechecked.