Thread: Unit Recruiting Limitations?

Ducenarius

Default Unit Recruiting Limitations?

I'm running into several unit recruiting limitations with my GC as Lousiana. . .

I'm assuming this is governed somewhere in the IS mod, if it isn't then my apologies for bringing it up. Does population have anything to do with recruiting ability?

For one I can only recruit one regiment of Royal Eccossias, I agree they should be limited but more than one would be nice.

I have maxed out my Dragoon recruiting with 6 babysitting the rowdy populace of Mexico. I can't make anymore anywhere and it is quite irritating to have to police my other settlements with Cours de bois (something like that) and recently rendered obsolete 12lbers.

Is it possible to mod in a slightly different set of starting units for Lousiana? I can't get to an Admiralty without marching on Philidelphia so the best I can make myself is 6ths rates. I've managed to capture a couple Galleons and Fluyts which has at least added a few pounders to my fleet abilities and the ability to recruit Admirals, but if it is possible, should consider giving Lousiana a fifth rate or two to start out.

Also in the opposite direction, I am able to stock my armies up with Grenadier regiments too easily. Don't get me wrong, they are a nice step up from Line Infantry, but I'm having no problem continuously churning them out. I've got to have at least fifteen-twenty running around the landscape.

Last question/note, I haven't had a chance to zoom in during battle on them yet but do Curaissers fire from horseback or do I have to dismount them for them to fire? Noticed they have a range of 200 (is this a mishap?) and a single shot. Single shot blunderbuss or what?

Erunion Telcontar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Unit Recruiting Limitations?

As Uos_Spos6 said, it would be nice if you could up the recruitment of Royal Ecoissos/Black Watch style units to three or four.

+Rep for anyone who can translate! (The above)
    Auta i lóme! Aurë entuluva!

Default Re: Unit Recruiting Limitations?

The limits on those units are in vanilla.