Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: British Line 17th Leicestershire UPDATED

Default Re: UPDATED : British Line 17th Leicestershire

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Philip View Post
    can you please make the green jackets look like this. please reply

Lol.. Lord Philip you REALLY want a red skin for that unit quite badly huh?

This is the 3rd thread I've counted where you have made this request, like I said if you find info on a suitable regiment fitting the time of the game, I'll create a stand alone unit, I dont think changing ALL of the green jackets to red jackets would be a good idea, cos then there wont be any green jackets

And no green jackets means no SHARPE!!! we cant have that now can we..

He's showing you the more common British Light inf...Napoleonic though with that shako. 95th and 60th rifles were the greenjackets in the game but only two regiments compared to the majority of skirmishers which looked like his pic...at least in Nap. times. Look up Light Division at Fuentes de Onoro for example.

Vanquisher's Avatar Campidoctor

On the morning of January 3rd, 1777, the 17th of Foot, about 250 strong, commanded by Colonel Mawhood, was marching from Princetown to Trenton, and encountered a large force of the American Army some 3,000 strong under the personal command of General George Washington. The encounter took place on a misty dawn, and was quite unexpected by both sides. Reckless of the odds against them, the little force of British soldiers at once attacked, drove the leading troops of the enemy through and orchard, charged and captured a battery of guns, and then found themselves surrounded by the whole force of the enemy. Still unbeaten, the 17th, with drums beating and bayonets gleaming, broke their way out of the circle of their enemies and carried their colours to safety.

This is what is written on the plackard inside the Loughborough memorial museum, I took note of it, It's nice Even nicer to see so much attention being payed to this regiment on this forum! Amazing Not many claim to be proud of Leicester... and its such a shame when it has a truly great history. Maybe all them Indians living there now is payback for the 17th's actions over there
    Last edited by Vanquisher; April 20, 2009 at 04:24 PM.

Kave-In's Avatar Libertus

That quote is brilliant !! I'm gonna be useing that !!

That is the painting for it too That was what got the 17th the enclosed wreath.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquisher View Post

On the morning of January 3rd, 1777, the 17th of Foot, about 250 strong, commanded by Colonel Mawhood, was marching from Princetown to Trenton, and encountered a large force of the American Army some 3,000 strong under the personal command of General George Washington. The encounter took place on a misty dawn, and was quite unexpected by both sides. Reckless of the odds against them, the little force of British soldiers at once attacked, drove the leading troops of the enemy through and orchard, charged and captured a battery of guns, and then found themselves surrounded by the whole force of the enemy. Still unbeaten, the 17th, with drums beating and bayonets gleaming, broke their way out of the circle of their enemies and carried their colours to safety.

This is what is written on the plackard inside the Loughborough memorial museum, I took note of it, It's nice Even nicer to see so much attention being payed to this regiment on this forum! Amazing Not many claim to be proud of Leicester... and its such a shame when it has a truly great history. Maybe all them Indians living there now is payback for the 17th's actions over there
    I am looking into some history on a famous Newcastle (Geordie) Regiment that fought out in the states at that time of the War of Independence, though not sure if it is true or someone telling porky pies!!

I think if we had the 50,000 Georides we have at St James Park week in week out, we would have had the yankee doodle dandys running!! and instead of New York it would have been renamed New Castle!!!!

That would be bloody aweful, Geordies are even worse than Americans Did I mention the Leicesteshire regiment were the ones that captured the Gurka's Green Tiger if they couldn't win the war, no one could

I am working on some British units at present, and just finished the Green Dragoon unit as seen in the patriot movie!! only problem i have is the current hat is incorrect and i need the Tarleton hot for authenticity!! i also have an American unit called "The King's Royal Regiment of New York" that i am working on as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Jihada View Post
    He's showing you the more common British Light inf...Napoleonic though with that shako. 95th and 60th rifles were the greenjackets in the game but only two regiments compared to the majority of skirmishers which looked like his pic...at least in Nap. times. Look up Light Division at Fuentes de Onoro for example.
    What so you think it might be an idea to change all of the green jackets to red (everything, ie unit card name etc etc) and then create the green jackets as a limited unit, say with only 2 or 3 available to recruit? interesting

Kave-In's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Legofingers View Post
    What so you think it might be an idea to change all of the green jackets to red (everything, ie unit card name etc etc) and then create the green jackets as a limited unit, say with only 2 or 3 available to recruit? interesting

Someones made the red skin already m8 b4 u go starting one

Hey Kave-In. Love your British Leicestershire skin, but I can't download it as the link to filefront doesn't work. I know that your skin is part of ToonTotalWar's skin pack but I was really looking to just replace the British line infantry skin. Any chance someone could upload the file again??

Quote Originally Posted by Legofingers View Post
    Sorry only just saw this.Yes the majority of British light infantry wore the red jacket.Only the 2 rifles battalions wore green.

http://www.43rdbattlegroup.co.uk/site/Equipment.htm
    Last edited by Jihada; June 30, 2009 at 11:59 AM.

it says that the page doesn't exist anymore........

You mean the Monmouthshire LI ? It works when I click the link.Oh I see you mean the link for the Leicester reg.Not sure about that.

I cant find a good link D: Also where do I put the file?
    HISTORIAN: THE FRONTIER

Quote Originally Posted by Companie Franche de la Marine View Post
    I cant find a good link D: Also where do I put the file?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jihada View Post
    You mean the Monmouthshire LI ? It works when I click the link.Oh I see you mean the link for the Leicester reg.Not sure about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post
    it says that the page doesn't exist anymore........
    The unit is within my mod, so go download the British army Mod and use the updated 17th Foot in there! capisce!!!

I know but then I get a bunch of extra units that I don't need......

I cannot get any of his links to work either.

Default Re: British Line 17th Leicestershire UPDATED

The links dont work :'(

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: British Line 17th Leicestershire UPDATED

Quote Originally Posted by Kave-In View Post
    UPDATE ...
    The old skin has been taken down and replaced with this new one.
    I wasn't happy with my old skin so I've made a new one more real to life. Inspired by Vanquisher's '17th Leicestershire' skin I decided to make my own version as I to come from Leicester...
    Apart from trying to get the uniform right I've also added new faces (just to see if I could more than anything) but I liked the result so kept them

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ceton_1777.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...foot_small.jpg

Download Here :

http://files.filefront.com/13615037

Credit:
    Toontotalwar
    Vanquisher
    Is there a working link for this Mod? I`m a Leicester man myself and would love to have this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast