Thread: altering unit/building costs with darthmod

Default altering unit/building costs with darthmod

So if I understood it all right darthmod has still no changes in unit/building costs and technoligy research rate..

My main question is now if anyone has done this already?

Like implenting the units/building costs from "balance of power" or "proper empire".
    And if we are talking about this I like to ask if these things would harm the darthmod balance in any way?

Didnīt try the new dartmod 1.0 yet and just wanted to change things before starting a new campaign.

I really appreciate any answer or help....

Default Re: altering unit/building costs with darthmod

It shouldnt affect the mod in anyway, if the DB files show something the only thing outside of battle tweaked is the Technology Affects...
    To tweak maybe you should use the packfile manager on the Patch.pack, extract the building list and use that to create a seperate mod. If you edit the affects and costs of buildings than it should not clash with Darthmod, but i may be wrong as im not proper modder...
    However, using Proper Empire and Balance of Power itself may cause clashes as they tweak things Darthmod also tweaks which may result in a crash...
    Make sure you keep a backup of that Patch.pack file, if you make a mistake your gonna have to download the patch.pack again...
    However, i dont actually know how to make a File go back into the pack's, its weird, it just ends up as a highlighted green with nothing in it...

Default changing the economic

Thanks a lot for your answer Liu Kang...

But in the meanwhile I was handling it out myself...

I found a very useful article from zowrath..
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=247919

So for the first I added higher building costs from the Imperial Splender mod
    to the darthmod file.
    It all went fine..

But I also want to change the econimic thing because I think the overseas trade is a little bit silly.
    A bad thing as example is that if your overseas province produces spices of about 400 bucks,
    then in the first manner you get tax from it.. lets say 30% ->120 bucks..
    So either you or someone else should have bought it.

If you go further to your trade these 400 bucks of spices are beeing sold to foreign countries.
    But you have never paid for it.

In that case of course the producing factory could be your own capital.
    But why are you getting taxes from it?

Itīs like in communism. If they had got taxes from their own produced goods then we still have the cold war

So maybe anyone knows how to change the prices of overseas goods like furs, spices and so on to
    make the economic thing a little bit lower ?

Default Re: altering unit/building costs with darthmod

I cant seem to find that, however, it might be in the Campaign Variables Tables also present in the patch.pack
    It might need some testing in that section though, theres some Tax Modifiers of some sort present in there...
    Good luck.