Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: {Game Closed}Broken Crescent 2.02: New Beginnings { Now Recruiting Omani }

Default Re: Sign-UP for BC 2.0 (host: TriforceV)

btw me and kavhan switched

Quote Originally Posted by Nakharar View Post
    btw me and kavhan switched
    Yes, I confirm I now have the Seljuks and Nakharar has Oman.

I would like to say that Eddy will not be joining this campaign, as he informed me that he has un-installed METWII, and is eagerly waiting for the mod EBII for METWII

Also, I want to stay in my current spot.

Bohun's Avatar Civis

I can play as Georgia or Ghazni don't wanna play as Sindhi

Regards

bleach's Avatar Biarchus

So when will we kick this hotseat off? Currently my HD needs to be replaced in my gaming pc, it may be a few more days before I get the new one installed but no longer than a week I don't think.

Oman2nd's Avatar Tiro

Ah bull. My faction's been stolen!!
    My computer died guys, sympathy or none? I can always take Sindhs if Georgia is not willing...
    Support our Mod!
    1200 AD - Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Oman2nd View Post
    Ah bull. My faction's been stolen!!
    My computer died guys, sympathy or none? I can always take Sindhs if Georgia is not willing...
    Well the new Georgian Guy is Bohun, and he specifically said he didn't want to play the Sindhs,
    Its been about a week since i gave everyone the option to confirm the campaign...

But your a tad late, anyways I can give you the Sindhs if you want.
    The only think you have to fear is... Me.

TRIFORCE.

Oman2nd's Avatar Tiro

Deal. I'll take sindhs.
    Sorry for lateness!
    Last edited by Oman2nd; July 10, 2009 at 04:17 AM.
    Support our Mod!
    1200 AD - Total War

Civis

my graphics card melted, i have a new 1 ordered but i wont have the computer back till next week as its a holiday this week

bleach's Avatar Biarchus

I'm back in action, let's get this hotseat going!

aslanamca's Avatar Centenarius

wow good,i am happy to take ayyubids,thx garato and triforceV
    Durma, Arap, durma kibrini artır!
    Türklüğün başına hakaret yağdır!
    Uyuyan bir kavme bu zillet azdır,
    Vur, eski kölesi utandır onu!
    Bırakma uyusun, uyandır onu!

aka Turcoman....

Default Re: BC:NB 2.0 - Game Starts July 13th (Host Triforce)

*NOTICE*

Alright, The game will start on the 13th, -

Now before It starts, I would advise everyone if they want to discuss the rules of play to do so:

I tried to change the success rate of the Spy's abilities in a file. and while I was successful, there is complications which make it impossible to implement them via hotseat.

Therefore, the regular success/failure rates have must apply.
    Spies make capturing cities paramount in the game,

So as I see it we have 3 options in regards to the spy problem.

Option 1.
    Allow spies to open gates in Hotseat

Option 2.
    Limit spies ability to open gates

Option 3.
    Allow spies to open gates - but with conditions

*note*
    Option 3 would have conditions for example limiting the open gates of one Settlement every 2 turns on another human kingdom (rebels and forts do no apply).
    What this means is everyone will be allowed to use their spy, spies to open one city from another human player once every 2 turns, It does not Stack, and all this means is if your at war with someone and you use it once, you won't be able to use it Next turn PERIOD.
    However, For Rebel settlements or forts of your enemy, you can use spies to open as many of these as you pleases.
    The downside to Option 3, is that it must be monitored,
    So for example, If your caught using a Spy to open a gate the following turn, or if you open more then one gate in the same turn.. then your spy-gate-open privileges will be suspended for 5 turns, and if it persists during this suspension, you will be kicked from the gate as Cheating. (all this can be easily monitored and confirmed by the victim of these attacks).

Alright, I know it sounds complicated, but as we play the game, it will become less confusing, anyways the options are up to you, - reply back, tell me which you prefer and give me feedback and advise, suggestions if you wish

Thanks

- TriforceV
    Last edited by TriforceV; July 11, 2009 at 12:06 PM.

TRIFORCE.

1 or 2

3 makes the hotseat waaay to long it is long as it is with 16 players. And 1 makes it overcrowded and a game of spies

I think it's good, but I agree with one point, it may be hard to monitor it.
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

Quote Originally Posted by Nakharar View Post
    1 or 2

3 makes the hotseat waaay to long it is long as it is with 16 players. And 1 makes it overcrowded and a game of spies
    The problem I have with option number 2 is that that spies are a double edged sword, With them and you can sweep through the land with ease, but without them, people who are skilled in building well placed forts can halt enemies advance for a long-long while..., (think about it)

Option 3 solves this problem, Spies will have the uncanny ability to penetrate through forts, unlimited and without monitoring or care,
    and with their ability to open 1 gate of a settlement every 2 turns it would defiantly speed up the game even faster then Option 2, while not as fast as Option 1.

Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Ruunu View Post
    I think it's good, but I agree with one point, it may be hard to monitor it.
    But that's the beauty of Option number 3, It only needs to be monitored by the victim of the player that is abused,
    If the victim or abused does not report it for whatever reason, then its fine, (but highly doubtful that they would right?), Furthermore the abuser of the rule is taking a huge risk from being suspended for 5 turns of no spy privilege
    So its a system that would monitor itself, essentially - and those who are at war with the other person would do the monitoring.
    Last edited by TriforceV; July 11, 2009 at 12:36 PM.

TRIFORCE.

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

I vote option 3. but please do not cheat guys.

regards

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceV View Post
    The downside to Option 3, is that it must be monitored,
    So for example, If your caught using a Spy to open a gate the following turn, or if you open more then one gate in the same turn.. then your spy-gate-open privileges will be suspended for 5 turns
    1. a faction can be destroy by then.
    2. option 3 might be hard to monitor
    3. people might start lying about it, both aggressor and a "victim", trying to defend their caause.

option 2 sounds ideal, if not i guess 1 is more feasible than 3 and we'd have to go with it.

aslanamca's Avatar Centenarius

i vote for option 1,it is really enjıying playing with spies.
    Durma, Arap, durma kibrini artır!
    Türklüğün başına hakaret yağdır!
    Uyuyan bir kavme bu zillet azdır,
    Vur, eski kölesi utandır onu!
    Bırakma uyusun, uyandır onu!

aka Turcoman....

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    1. a faction can be destroy by then.
    2. option 3 might be hard to monitor
    3. people might start lying about it, both aggressor and a "victim", trying to defend their caause.

option 2 sounds ideal, if not i guess 1 is more feasible than 3 and we'd have to go with it.
    Im not sure what you mean by "a faction can be destroyed by then"?....

the way I figure it, and ill explain again, is that option 3 won't be hard to monitor and does not have tobe absolutely monitored... If someone wants to use the spies against a victim and the victim either refuses or forgets to say anything, then so be it.. Its his loss anyways.

Furthermore, I don't believe people would outright lie about this rule (victim or abuser), and if there is the rare instance where a dispute emerges over the legitmacy, as Admin it wouldn't be to hard to resolve it.

Anyways, Ill put you down for Option 2,
    Last edited by TriforceV; July 11, 2009 at 02:04 PM.

TRIFORCE.

I think option 2 is best - allow spies to open as many gates as they can, but limit their percentage for success, to make it a lot harder. This way, there will be plenty of incentive for players to develop siege machinery, as spies will not guarantee success, like they do now.

Option 3 is too complicated and creates a lot of potential for arguments - let's say a player immediately after me violates the rules, but I only discover when my turn comes, after more then 10 players have played their turn. If we have to replay all these turns, it will be a problem.