Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: {Game Closed}Broken Crescent 2.02: New Beginnings { Now Recruiting Omani }

Default Re: Sign-UP for BC 2.0 (host: TriforceV)

ok i got it from megueuploud after a 24hour downloud and now im instaling it 57% !! i cant w8 to try it out

Just letting you know that I have insufficient internet connection right now to download anything that big in a measurable amount of time, so write me out, I might join later.

When we start?
    I cannot still to dl the BC2.I m going to change the provider -that could take a time...
    bad boy boogie

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

2 weeks for hotfixes sounds nice?

BTW, what about the rules of the hotseat?
    -no crusades/jihads, etc.
    -no spies opening gates.
    -no fog of war?
    -no merchant sploit or whatever type of sploit.
    -no exchanging cities

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Empedocles View Post
    2 weeks for hotfixes sounds nice?

BTW, what about the rules of the hotseat?
    -no crusades/jihads, etc.
    -no spies opening gates.
    -no fog of war?
    -no merchant sploit or whatever type of sploit.
    -no exchanging cities
    Heres the deal, July 10th, I will be kicking out those who have not yet confirmed their position, opening up spots for the extras,
    After which I want to start to the campaign sometime around July 15th, giving us plenty of time to organize the rules, hotfixes, and understanding how to play, ect...

But, let me just say one thing Empedocles, If you think I'm going to run it like one of Civic's campaign's, your quite mistake....

1. Crusades/Jihads are disabled in the previous BC 1.05, and while i havn't played much of the BC 2.0 I believe it is the same with this one, so that won't be a problem

2. Spies will be allowed to retain their use of opening/closing gates. (I have no problem with spies, and our latest campaign BC 1.05 has demonstrated, with my war with Turks and Georgians that they can be adequately used not only to open gates, but to ensure that they remain closed!!). It adds a dynamic and strategic scope to the game that is not only necessary, but I should be encouraged. If you want lessons on how to adequately guard cities/forts by using spies I will gladly teach you the dynamics....

3. Fog of War will remain, I see no reason why Fog of War should be removed, again Fog of War is vital aspect to the game as it hides armies/agents from your potential enemies, ensuring that surprise attacks, secret army build ups ect, are all used effectively to ensure a more stimulating strategy. The only downside to Fog of War is it becomes difficult to detect cheaters, and while I agree in a "A Zero Tolerance No-Cheat Policy" I refuse to allow it ruin a very important aspect of the game.

4.Merchants in BC 2.0 are more limited then they have been in previous BC campaigns, as you can only build more merchants when market is upgraded, as opposed to how many markets you have available, However, I feel that we should not use Merchant forts, and am willing to agree that this practice should be discontinued.

5. Exchanging cities are fine, If both groups agree to exchanging one city for another, then I say let them do it, both groups consider usually their own interests, and experience has shown that most people won't take a poor deal if it doesn't benefit them in some regards, this includes giving a city or two to appease a large empire in hopes of avoiding a war or for a ceasefire or other diplomatic agreements out of desperation. (many more examples)
    Of course, there are some instances where people could cheat (secretly be playing 2 kingdoms), unfair exchanges amongst each other, or whatever..., this can all be reviewed under the "No-Cheat-Policy" and will be severely punished.

Cheating is Zero Tolerance - If you suspect someone of cheating, tell me and I will investigate, Since all the turns are kept in file, I can easily find out by looking at previous turns to inquire if your are cheating or not, So Don't do it. If you are caught cheating you will be Kicked from the Hotseat with no option of returning, you have been warned. and will be given information on the full rules before the game starts.

When it comes to the rules, I'm very open minded, and will debate with anyone what should be allowed or disallowed,
    I believe that if the majority of the people want or do not want a specific rule, then usually I will go with the flow, however, as admin I have final rights to to allow it or not.
    If you know me from other HotSeats I've hosted, then you know I strive for a fair and balanced game play, and will always hear anyone out so that we can better strive to reach it.

TriforceV
    The only think you have to fear is... Me.

TRIFORCE.

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

5. EXCHANGING CITIES: I meant exchanging cities for getting free units in a single turn. that's a sploit.
    regards

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Empedocles View Post
    5. EXCHANGING CITIES: I meant exchanging cities for getting free units in a single turn. that's a sploit.
    regards
    Ahh right
    yeah exchanging cities for free units would be considered cheating, and would be evident in the stats, so I wouldn't advise anyone to try it.

TRIFORCE.

If I remember correctly, there was a crusade in the current 1.05 campaign, so I am not quite sure if these can be disabled. If Crusades are OK, then so should be jihads. On the other hand, it was difficult to get an imam in 1.05, while in 2.0 many of the starting factions have the option to train one, giving a distinct advantage to Muslim factions due to the free upkeep and increased movement points.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavhan Isbul View Post
    If I remember correctly, there was a crusade in the current 1.05 campaign, so I am not quite sure if these can be disabled. If Crusades are OK, then so should be jihads. On the other hand, it was difficult to get an imam in 1.05, while in 2.0 many of the starting factions have the option to train one, giving a distinct advantage to Muslim factions due to the free upkeep and increased movement points.
    either way it makes no difference, Jihad/crusade are not allowed.

TRIFORCE.

Me and Kavhan agreed he will be Seljuks and me Oman

TriforceV is steady as a rock as always but spies problem is obvious.
    Instead long hard realistic war opperations, we are getting a magic wars from fantasy novels...
    Why not to made our wars harder?
    About a date of start.Could be better if we have a time to try the mod in single campaign.And I was told the mod has a lot of bugs?
    bad boy boogie

May i reccomend we do campaign on M/M since all faction slots are taken that would only mean quicker take out of rebels. And better economies, since economy in BC2 is really hard game might be dry and boring

Quote Originally Posted by garato View Post
    Instead long hard realistic war opperations, we are getting a magic wars from fantasy novels...
    Why not to made our wars harder?
    About a date of start.Could be better if we have a time to try the mod in single campaign.And I was told the mod has a lot of bugs?
    There is alot of debate concerning spies, and i sympathsize with you on this front, I belive that there IS A WAY, in which we can scale down the % of success the spy might have to open a gate, for example,

1 spy 4 eye, might have a 45% rate at opening the gate, but I tampered with the code, I could make it so that its only like about 10-15%, meaning you would need more spies, and it would be harder to enter... Ill have to look into this more, but I belive it can be done...

Also, using spies for defence has its advantages too, to avoid getting spies into cities or forts, if you use em wisely, and effectively you can win battles,..

TRIFORCE.

I would keep the battles at VH, because that makes things a little more even, considering that the AI controls defenders, regardless of whether they are rebels, the AI or another human player.

I also like all the game mechanics and the possibilities they create, which is why I like spies, assasins, merchants and even crusades and jihads. I know the latter are disabled, but no jihads in Broken Crescent deprives campaigns from a historically realistic and interesting concept of the game.

I agree however with lowering the spies percentage chances of opening gates, just because I would like to give an incentive to players to build siege machinery.

Also, currently in BC it is virtually impossible to bribe an army. I am not sure if this can be tempered with, but if so, I would personally like to see the chance of successfull bribe increased a little bit to incoporate it as an element in the game. It should be hard and expensive, but it should also be possible, especially for armies led by captains or low loyalty family members.

Quote Originally Posted by garato View Post
    i havent noticed many bugs. except for loose/tight formation issue for generals the rest looks fine so far. i started a new campaign after installing 2.1 patch. about 20 years into Armenian campaign. and economy is not very hard, though it might be just me, i just failed with Armenia in DLV so after that BC is really a walk in the park economy wise.

Poqzt's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceV View Post
    1 spy 4 eye, might have a 45% rate at opening the gate, but I tampered with the code, I could make it so that its only like about 10-15%, meaning you would need more spies, and it would be harder to enter...
    Good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Kavhan Isbul View Post
    I know the latter are disabled, but no jihads in Broken Crescent deprives campaigns from a historically realistic and interesting concept of the game.
    Crusades/Jihads ruin hotseats. There are so many ways you can exploit a Jihad/Crusade it actually deprives the historically realistic concept of the game. The negative effects easily outweigh the possitive effects.

About the difficulty;

Quote Originally Posted by GrandViZ View Post
    Economy works the same on all difficulty levels, only diplomacy and faction relations are influenced.
    So it really doesn't matter which campaign difficulty we choose. Battles should be VH imo.

Edit: Maybe bribes are influenced by the campaign difficulty, I don't know... I never bribe anyway since it's usually not possible/worth it. Perhaps it can be changed though.
    Last edited by Poqzt; July 06, 2009 at 02:49 PM.

Actually ive done a few tests and so did this other guy and the difficulty influences income from farming and mining etc

Poqzt's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Nakharar View Post
    Actually ive done a few tests and so did this other guy and the difficulty influences income from farming and mining etc
    Well, I don't know who to believe, but I can play either difficulty for the camapaign of course.

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

I could fill in for any faction if you have an open spot. PM me if a spot frees up.

VH/VH please.