Thread: war of sucession

Default war of sucession

has anyone seen these in darthmod?
    ever since i started mod i haven't seen one

Montano5's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: war of sucession

I got one with french campaign, years 1705. But it seems to be scripted as my king always die at this year and Austria always claim the throne so nearly entire Europe goes to war because of alliance.

Until Darthmod 0.9 I saw it, but didn't had the time to do a new campaign since but I see no reasons for this to be changed

prussia always contests my right to the english throne less than 20 turns into the game.
    they dont do anything though. in 1742 they captured a port between scotland and ireland, which i took back with a fleet of 2nd and 3rd rates vs their sloop brig detachment.

war of secession still going, its 1769 now. end doesnt look close

I have not seen any war of succesion yet. Not in darthmod and not in vanilla campaign .

Polpolgio's Avatar Miles

Well, I'm planning a mod about succesion War, and I have already flags, factions, etc. But I don't want to do auto-publicity to my mod.

Greets;

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

I'm playing as Poland-Lithuania, in 1738 France contested my rights to the throne, so a war broke out.

Strange. I have a GC with Poland-Lithuania and I reached year 1750+ and no succesion war with France...

Amadeus's Avatar Tiro

you can have wars of succesion?
    i never knew that

Weird to see that some people haven't experienced any. I've seen them many a times, hell, i don't think I even remember any specific ones, they're just that common.

I've never seen any in Vanilla or Darth. Current GC with Prussia, I've destroyed Austria, Courland (As allways), and the two minor German Factions with W in it. Still at war with the Dutch (IDK how that happened) Venice even though I took Venice and gave it to the Spanish. I'm going to secure my flanks and attack Saxony and Hannover next then unite my empire and destroy Poland in the near future. Currently late 1730's. I have a trading post in the Ivory Coast (taken from the Dutch) and looking at prospects in the Straits of Mad.

I am assuming WoS will pop up as an event in the header when it happens? I will keep my eyes open and continue to look for them. Would be nice if we could some how mod distrusting nieghboring factions to declare this on occasion to keep things fluid.

BTW: Something humorous worth mentioning. My Queen, has a mistress +1 Nobility. Looks like our Taste hasn't changed much.
    Last edited by Slyguy3129; April 13, 2009 at 02:18 PM.

my favorite was when the united states contested the succession of my austrian (iirc) empire.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

What is a war of succession?
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Quote Originally Posted by helmersen View Post
    What is a war of succession?
    A half implemented part of royal lineage. Basically monarch dies, heir is placed on throne. Another nation presses a "more right" claim to the throne, war breaks out.

When a succession war breaks, do you get a special message that it is a succession war, or a regular message that someone declared war on you?

first, you get a high priority popup that they've declared war.

then, buried amidst the dead brigadiers and meaningless traits, it tells you why. if you click on it.

it's half-assed, as usual, but it DOES work. i've had one in every campaign i've played, excepting the maratha.

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Skeleton Of The West View Post
    Strange. I have a GC with Poland-Lithuania and I reached year 1750+ and no succesion war with France...
    That's proof that the succesions aren't scripted, so they come about at random.

Montano5's Avatar Libertus

yep, the successions wars are not scripted, I've tried a new France campaign with Darth Commander mod and had this in 1708 instead of 1705 usually.

You may try Royal Family Mod as it show the genealogy of the current king, and the claimants to the throne. It may show you if someone of an another nation is claiming and so go to a succession war. (Normally but with mine in 1708 it failed )

Quote Originally Posted by Montano5 View Post
    yep, the successions wars are not scripted, I've tried a new France campaign with Darth Commander mod and had this in 1708 instead of 1705 usually.

You may try Royal Family Mod as it show the genealogy of the current king, and the claimants to the throne. It may show you if someone of an another nation is claiming and so go to a succession war. (Normally but with mine in 1708 it failed )
    ive got the royal family mod already but ive never seen a foreign claimant to my throne

Yes, I am currently fighting the War of the French Succession after the death of Louis XIV in 1709.

Am also using the Royal Family mod, not that what is portrayed in the royal family bears any resemblance to the succession wars event.