Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Zoom mod

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Default The Zoom mod

Now, this is not actually a mod (or at least not one I'd make a release of) but I thought I'd share it nevertheless.

If you put this into your campaign script (into OnFactionTurnStart or something) you can zoom out (and in) further:

scripting.game_interface:set_zoom_limit(3,0)

Look at the attached image for more impressions

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

PubliusKhannus's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Zoom mod

hmm cool little tidbit, thanks man

Check out my collection of poetry, prose, & comedy @ https://badwriter.net

Nice find!

can you do the same for the battles?

just where exactly IS my campaign script though,

Right with startpos.esf, in your data\campaigns\main.

excellent thanks
    Last edited by PubliusKhannus; April 11, 2009 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodKnight View Post
    Probably not - at least not unless the above already does the trick. Why don't you just try it?

Quote Originally Posted by GoodKnight View Post
    Just use the debug camera - set the line "default_camera_type 0;" in your C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts\preferences.empire_script to 2 instead of 0, it let's you zoom in/out as much as you want really. The only downside is that if you enter the frontend options menu then it will revert to default.

Quote Originally Posted by Dud doodoo View Post
    Right with startpos.esf, in your data\campaigns\main.
    Thanks, what do i open it with? Tried notepad, wordpad and word and all open an unreadable script.
    Epictetus: former slave and stoic philosopher

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

Thanks, what do i open it with? Tried notepad, wordpad and word and all open an unreadable script.
    He said you find the campaign script with startpos.esf - startpos itself isn't the campaign script. It's not a script at all. Guess which file in that same folder is the script...
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

klesh's Avatar Senator

Icon14 Re: The Zoom mod

Quote Originally Posted by Flobulon View Post
    The only downside is that if you enter the frontend options menu then it will revert to default.
    Good to know! I was wondering why mine would revert sometimes. Ty.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

What file do we put in our campaign script? There are no file to download?
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

There's no file to download, helmersen. You have to edit the campaign script. The lua file that resides where startpos.esf is.

Quote Originally Posted by helmersen View Post
    What file do we put in our campaign script? There are no file to download?
    Yeah there's no file. Open data/campaigns/main/scripting.lua with a text editor (notepad for example - don't forget to make a backup copy before you change it) and replace this part:

Code:
    local function OnFactionTurnStart(context)
    	if conditions.TurnNumber(context) == 2 then
    		if conditions.FactionName("britain", context) and conditions.FactionIsHuman("britain", context) then
    			scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_mission("britain_protectorate", "britain", "protectorate_region_capture", 0, "georgia_usa+cherokee_territory+new_france", "", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_thirteen_colonies_text", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_thirteen_colonies_reward", 0, "thirteen_colonies", context)
    		elseif conditions.FactionName("spain", context) and conditions.FactionIsHuman("spain", context) then
    			scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_mission("spain_protectorate", "spain", "protectorate_region_capture", 0, "trinidad_tobago+tejas+curacao", "", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_new_spain_text", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_new_spain_reward", 0, "new_spain", context)
    		elseif conditions.FactionName("france", context) and conditions.FactionIsHuman("france", context) then
    			scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_mission("france_protectorate", "france", "protectorate_region_capture", 0, "michigan_territory+algonquin_territory+cherokee_territory", "", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_louisiana_text", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_louisiana_reward", 0, "louisiana", context)
    		end
    	elseif conditions.TurnNumber(context) == 5 then
    		scripting.game_interface:enable_auto_generated_missions(true)
    	end

if conditions.FactionName("britain", context) and not conditions.FactionIsHuman("britain", context) then
    		scripting.game_interface:grant_faction_handover("britain", "thirteen_colonies", 6, 15, context)
    	elseif conditions.FactionName("spain", context) and not conditions.FactionIsHuman("spain", context) then
    		scripting.game_interface:grant_faction_handover("spain", "new_spain", 6, 15, context)
    	elseif conditions.FactionName("france", context) and not conditions.FactionIsHuman("france", context) then
    		scripting.game_interface:grant_faction_handover("france", "louisiana", 6, 15, context)
    	end
    end
    with

Code:
    local function OnFactionTurnStart(context)
    	if conditions.TurnNumber(context) == 2 then
    		if conditions.FactionName("britain", context) and conditions.FactionIsHuman("britain", context) then
    			scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_mission("britain_protectorate", "britain", "protectorate_region_capture", 0, "georgia_usa+cherokee_territory+new_france", "", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_thirteen_colonies_text", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_thirteen_colonies_reward", 0, "thirteen_colonies", context)
    		elseif conditions.FactionName("spain", context) and conditions.FactionIsHuman("spain", context) then
    			scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_mission("spain_protectorate", "spain", "protectorate_region_capture", 0, "trinidad_tobago+tejas+curacao", "", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_new_spain_text", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_new_spain_reward", 0, "new_spain", context)
    		elseif conditions.FactionName("france", context) and conditions.FactionIsHuman("france", context) then
    			scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_mission("france_protectorate", "france", "protectorate_region_capture", 0, "michigan_territory+algonquin_territory+cherokee_territory", "", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_louisiana_text", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_louisiana_reward", 0, "louisiana", context)
    		end
    	elseif conditions.TurnNumber(context) == 5 then
    		scripting.game_interface:enable_auto_generated_missions(true)
    	end

if conditions.FactionName("britain", context) and not conditions.FactionIsHuman("britain", context) then
    		scripting.game_interface:grant_faction_handover("britain", "thirteen_colonies", 6, 15, context)
    	elseif conditions.FactionName("spain", context) and not conditions.FactionIsHuman("spain", context) then
    		scripting.game_interface:grant_faction_handover("spain", "new_spain", 6, 15, context)
    	elseif conditions.FactionName("france", context) and not conditions.FactionIsHuman("france", context) then
    		scripting.game_interface:grant_faction_handover("france", "louisiana", 6, 15, context)
    	end
               scripting.game_interface:set_zoom_limit(3,0)
    end

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Cant you just upload the file here?
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Quote Originally Posted by helmersen View Post
    Cant you just upload the file here?
    I could but then people wouldn't make backups. I'm also not very prone to support the "I want everything being so simple that a toad on a toadstool trip can do it" behaviour

Is it possible to do the same with the battle camera? So we can watch the battles between the men, and the ships? That would be epic

Stoferr, scroll up to post number 9.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast