Thread: [ETW AAR] The day of the 1st Grenadiers (battle AAR w. replay file)

Laetus

Default [ETW AAR] The day of the 1st Grenadiers (battle AAR w. replay file)

(Playing Prussia in the empire campaign)

After the conquest of Vien, the Prussian Army advanced into Bohemia to meet the Austrians and their attempt to strike back.

The ensuing battle was going to be a bloody affair.

The Austrians, hoping to bring to bear their massive infantry regiments and lacking artillery support, lined up and started their march into fire range of the Prussians.
    They were going to thin the Prussian line to the point it would not stand their charge.

Yet they have not paid due respect to the Prussian 1st Grenadiers Regiment, and to the bravery of its soldiers now kneeling in the wood on the extreme left of the Prussian line of battle - spying the vast mass of advancing greys...

To be testimony of what they accomplished during that rainy Bohemian day... take a look at the attached replay !!!

I hope You'll enjoy!

Edward lV's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [ETW AAR] The day of the 1st Grenadiers (battle AAR w. replay file)

Agh. I dont have empire, upload a vid on youtube or something for more viewers.

Nole4694's Avatar Procrastination Power!

Yeah I'd follow totalwarking's advice. but i'll definately take a look at this
    God Save The King
    Gosse Durrant - Baron of Huntington - 24

Former contributor to the
    Go on! Take a look at their latest issue!

Under the patronage of the Black Prince

Laetus

Thank You for the advice,

I am uploading a video on YouTube now... though I don't feel very confident with being a "director" (and this is my first try!).

Of course the replay file allows You to grasp both the whole picture and the minute of the battle, but I can concord a video is really a more direct way of comunication! (and of course You don't need ETW to play it!)

I captured the video with FRAPS and re-encoded in DivX-mp3 with VirtualDub.
    I'm gonna post a link when it's uploaded...

Laetus

Edward lV's Avatar Campidoctor

Its good, maby you could write a report aswell as a video, as an extra. Afterall, this is the After Action Report forum.

Nole4694's Avatar Procrastination Power!

If you do another one you should make it more 'cinematic'. Like have the camera at eye level and skip through some of the slower parts like when it started after you looked over the armies it took about a minute for anything more than artillery fire, which is sort of boring. Unless you zoom in on some hits. Still this was a good start if it was your first try. and like totalwarking said, you should write a report as well.
    God Save The King
    Gosse Durrant - Baron of Huntington - 24

Former contributor to the
    Go on! Take a look at their latest issue!

Under the patronage of the Black Prince

King Yngvar's Avatar Senator

Needs some more editing and as the previous poster said, make it more cinematic. Floating flags set to "never" is a must for a video.
    It's redundant to write your username at the end of your post,
    if I wanted to see your name I'd look to the left of my screen.