Thread: Natives

The.Delegate's Avatar Semisalis

Default Natives

Ok well Im playing Sweden and trying to take Texas in 1717. I'm not going to argue about the natives units, which are extremely effective. I get far more of a challenge facing the natives in battle than any european faction. Although I'm not sure why my very experienced units are not able to kick-ass in melee. They have mostly 2/3 chevrons exp and outnumber the natives 3-1. Does not make much sense IMO.

My point is that the pueblo's should not be able to field two full stacks in one turn. I landed at the port, was attacked by one army, barely beat it, even with generous cavalry and skirmisher support, and now I face a second full stack. Those people would not be able to support to full armies in the field at the same time.

Obviously they AI gets a money trickle. Otherwise that would not be possible. I find that minors in general are ridiculously overpowered. Hannover attacked me out of the blue and was consistently sending 2/3full stacks of line infantry every 2/3 turns. Can you please do something about this Q?

Cheers

Aloicias's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Natives

The Pueblo shouldnt even be in TX. Then after that they were more like a hispanic militia rebellion of Sante Fe. Your right the Pueblo probably wouldnt. But the faction that was there the Comanche did. But they would have all been horsemen.

Right now I have the campaign handicaps the AI gets set at values moderately higher than vanilla. I also increased the amount of money the AI spends on it's army.

This, unfortunately, is essentially a BAI change. Right now, the BAI sucks, the only way I find for battles to be remotely challenging is to ensure a huge numerical advantage against you.

Once I can alter the BAI or CA alters the BAI so it isn't completely stupid, I definitely plan on adjusting the numbers so you arn't going to have to fight against so many stacks.

In regards to the NA specifically - they can, when completely teched out, have 1.75 stacks of units. They are hard limited to that number. They also cannot recruit that many units per turn. What I think happened in your case was a situation where an army was hidden on the campaign map thanks to the "Paths Seldom Trod" ability that all NA units get. As far as the total number of troops these factions can field, keep in mind that each NA stack will have significantly fewer total men than a European stack.

Hope that clarifies this

The.Delegate's Avatar Semisalis

yup, thanks for responding!