Thread: Granades and hand mortars in 0.9...?

Icon5 Granades and hand mortars in 0.9...?

I`ve seen Darth has removed the granades throwing of the grenadiers in 0.9 so i`m still using 0.85. Man, i like blowing people up even if its not completely history accurate I agree though that the granades should be limited to 2 or 3 cause unlimited granades is too much. But are the hand mortars units (ottomans have them, and probably some other nations) still using their weapons like in the vanilla? Does Darth mod change anything about them? IMHO they should be a little deadlier.

Default Re: Granades and hand mortars in 0.9...?

well, I second that I want to have the grenades back

Just a shot in the dark but if the grenades are so devastating then it could be easier to simply reduce the numbers of the unit. They would become less of a threat but you could still try to use them sometimes in their intended role.

I liked too how grenadiers bombed things up , but because of their unlimited ammo it is very unbalanced. Darth will probably return the grenades when he will find out how to mode their ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by mkk View Post
    Just a shot in the dark but if the grenades are so devastating then it could be easier to simply reduce the numbers of the unit. They would become less of a threat but you could still try to use them sometimes in their intended role.
    Its a nice idea. You should suggest to Darth.

So, the hand mortars - are they affected by darth mod in any way or not.

Quote Originally Posted by mkk View Post
    Yeah, but then if you march grenadiers up behind a engaged line, they can spam nades with no fear of being charged. I think they need to be off until we can mod them down to 1 or 2 vollies per battle....it would be sweet as well if a grenadier unit could have guys explode from having nades hit by vollies while still in their possions...(i know, a guy can dream)
    WAR IS PEACE FREEDOM IS SLAVERY IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

grenades are coming back;
    when their grenade ammo can be edited.
    when that time is, is completely up to CA releasing required mod tools.

...well, is there a way to tweak this manualy?
    Cause I don't want to wait until August/September.

Or is the only way to reinstall 0,85??

So for a third time: THE HAND MORTARS (not the grenadiers) - are they affected by darth mod in any way or not?

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    in 1.0 are more powerful
    Superb.

are we going to wait long?

Quote Originally Posted by Yokozuna View Post
    So, the hand mortars - are they affected by darth mod in any way or not.

I'm playing a 1.0 Russian Campaign, and could only recuit a maximum of 3 of the hand mortar units. Not sure if this is Darth, or the Glory of the Russian Empire Mod I'm playing.

While I find the hand mortar units useful, they cant spam grenades the entire battle. Their range is only 70, and they must be guarded(behind line infantry) all the time, or enemy cavalry will eat them alive.

Their reload rate could probably be tweaked a bit, so it takes longer to reload. I'd imagine this weapon type was quite dangerous for the troops using them, and reloading must have been a tedious process.

As a footnote, playing as Russia, I've never faced an enemy army using these type troops. I'm pretty sure they're in the Ottomans recruit pool, but after taking 3/4 of the Ottoman Empire, they've yet to deploy a single hand mortar unit in any battles versus my Ruskies.
    Last edited by Lucius Tiberius Vorenus; April 17, 2009 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Tiberius Vorenus View Post
    I'm pretty sure they're in the Ottomans recruit pool, but after taking 3/4 of the Ottoman Empire, they've yet to deploy a single hand mortar unit in any battles versus my Ruskies.
    No wonder if the AI has no idea that it can recruit them, or how to use them. Maybe its coded to use conventional troops only - line inf., one melee type and some cavalry. The more i play the more i begin to wonder: after so many TW and so many years of development how the hell this game can have so many bugs, and be so unpolished, and the AI can be so stupid, and gives me the feeling that i`m not playing a totally new TW but some already released one just with more eye candy and buggier... Oh man i`m close to destroying my pc or killing someone.

I am wondering the same thing.....after so many AI tweak modes for Rome TW, M2TW .......why the hell can't CA learn from that?? or even better...hire some of the modders to tweak their AI or the game itself......is that so freaking hard.???? CA can you at least let us know why you forgot your head in your A** sorry...just overreacted a little