Thread: Few questions about the mod

Default Few questions about the mod

First, do i need to start a new campaign in order to make it work ?
    what about difficulty settings ?

i haven't seen it in your installation notes and i was wondering of you could help on this

thanx

Default Re: Few questions about the mod

You do not need to start a new campaign, but some changes will only affect a new started campaign (mainly regarding the Native Americans and the Mughals)

The recommended battle difficulty is normal, on higher difficulties the morale changes are fairly strong, campaign difficulty is as you like it, very hard can be very hard sometimes.

I would recommend:

M/M -- for a fairly easy campaign
    H/M -- for a fair challenge
    H/H -- for a real challenge
    VH/H -- if you're a masochist
    VH/VH -- if you're an insane masochist

Of course difficulty is also modified by the faction you pick. If you're playing Dagestan, it's going to be tough even on H/M.

More questions: Has there been a general increase in ship cannon reload times?

Oh come on guys!

I am ready to start playing ETW now and still need to decide for a mod.
    Surely this question can easily be answered.

If you want to know all the changes, why not look at the change log? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=247656

Quote Originally Posted by dsb3232 View Post
    If you want to know all the changes, why not look at the change log? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=247656
    Already checked, it's not listed there.

Well it was more like a rhetorical question, like "Why didn't you decrease cannon reload times for your mod that appears to aim for historical accuracy?"

Well, you could always scroll up and look at the part where it says "Imperial Splendour attempts to...", on every page, right under the userbar.

If it's not listed, let's presume it's not changed, thus making the question... odd. Either way, I can barely remember vanilla gameplay at this point, so you test the mod and then tell me if it's been changed. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Daergar View Post
    Well, you could always scroll up and look at the part where it says "Imperial Splendour attempts to...", on every page, right under the userbar.
    I don't understand. The bar you are referring to actually proves my point - the mod tries to make the game more realistic.

So what are you trying to point out?

The question is odd in the same way any rhetorical question is odd, I can give you that.

Isn't anyone concerned about the ship's cannons firing rather fast?

There has been a general rework of naval warfare.

Each ship has its historical batallion of guns, and each gun has it's own reload time, range and power.

So the question if reload time has been generally increased can be answered with no: Some have been increased, but maybe some have been decreased as well for small guns.

If you look around a bit in the old big thread, you will find the exact changes (I believe sage2 was responsible for the research)

Well okay, thanks