Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The German Republic - Revolution re-texture for Prussia

Icon3 The German Republic - Revolution re-texture for Prussia

What if ?

What if germany was a federal Republic around 1700 ? What might have been their Flag, their uniforms?

This is my answer to the question. These flags and uniforms are NOT based on historical facts. This MOD is a product of fantasy for people who like RPG play style Note that you must have started revolution in Prussia for this mod to take affect.

In my release version 1.0 I also added Gloss map and more structure to the unit and flag textures, even some stronger colors. I hope you like it.

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Default Re: The German Republic - Revolution re-texture for Prussia

Looks nice mate
    Gonna get a revolution right now...
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

hehe its actually funny how many people "start" revolutions planned hehe

TheRaider's Avatar Foederatus

The flag looks a bit silly, with all the mini flags arrayed in a circle around the eagle. Otherwise it looks great.
    Don't talk to me about Australian culture. It's nothing but rum and Neighbours

~ Winston Churchill on Australians

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Sound nice mod. Really good work! I'll test it

Bernsy's Avatar Miles

Quick question, if I have a prussion retexture mod right now for them as a monarchy, when they have a revolution, will they switch to this uniform? or will they keep the other mod? That is if I have both mods installed. They look great tho! nice work.

Looks very interesting, despite not being historically correct.. Well done old chap

PubliusKhannus's Avatar Senator

its great for a bit of fun, nice work

Check out my collection of poetry, prose, & comedy @ https://badwriter.net

Quote Originally Posted by Bernsy View Post
    Quick question, if I have a prussion retexture mod right now for them as a monarchy, when they have a revolution, will they switch to this uniform? or will they keep the other mod? That is if I have both mods installed. They look great tho! nice work.
    The re-textures of the uniforms will just change post-revolution, aswell as the flags.

Langer Kerl's Avatar Decanus

I want to congratulate you, that's a really nice mod that fits 100% to my playstyle

But, I have to tell you that
    The re-textures of the uniforms will just change post-revolution, aswell as the flags.
    didn't work for me. I have an all-over reskin for Prussia installed and your mod pack, but no matter if I choose custom battle, a new campaign or my old one, I only see the German republican outfit on the Prussians units.

I had a Prussian Republic campaign before I installed your mod, maybe this has something to do with it?

Besides this:
    The flag looks a bit silly, with all the mini flags arrayed in a circle around the eagle
    I have seen that flag or at least one that looks very similar as an official proposal for the German Republic flag that was chosen after 1945. So it's not really far off.

nice looking units

now can you have imperial troops vs republic troops?

Quote Originally Posted by Langer Kerl View Post
    I have an all-over reskin for Prussia installed and your mod pack, but no matter if I choose custom battle, a new campaign or my old one, I only see the German republican outfit on the Prussians units.
    You are right, i am sorry, the unit textures also effect the post-revolution forces. The only way to change this would mean to make clones of all units and make a mod so that after a revolution the republic skin is choosed. But i am affraid this is out of my resources

About the Imperial against republic forces: In connection to the fact discussed above that would also not be possible, i am sorry.

I guess in these cases you should use the mod manually when you had your revolution ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaider View Post
    The flag looks a bit silly, with all the mini flags arrayed in a circle around the eagle. Otherwise it looks great.
    yea, and in terms of actually mass producing such a complex flag back then..wouldnt have happened :p

Quote Originally Posted by Croshy View Post
    You are right, i am sorry, the unit textures also effect the post-revolution forces. The only way to change this would mean to make clones of all units and make a mod so that after a revolution the republic skin is choosed. But i am affraid this is out of my resources
    [...]
    I guess in these cases you should use the mod manually when you had your revolution ...
    I guess you mean pre-revolution?

But no problem, I was going to change it manually anyways. Still a great mod.

The changing of uniforms based on the government type is something CA has failed to do even though many players would really have liked that. Especially with the French Republican army wearing royal white etc. So I would have been really surprised if a Mod would have been able to do that :>

darn oh well I guess my civil war will be imperial vs imperial

Quote Originally Posted by GreekGlory View Post
    darn oh well I guess my civil war will be imperial vs imperial
    It's maybe not realistic to believe that a spontaneous revolutionary force would already bring its own uniforms. It's more a bunch of people who are fed up with the government and have access to arms. So they're likely just mutinying "royal" soldiers. They get the new, fancy uniforms when the Republic becomes official.

Erunion Telcontar's Avatar Senator

Actually, there is a mod that has different uniforms pre/post revolution, it changes the white French uniforms to blue ones only after a republican revolution.
    I've tested this mod, and it works. You'll have to ask the mod maker how he did it though, but it is doable. GL!

+Rep for anyone who can translate! (The above)
    Auta i lóme! Aurë entuluva!

Skyline Pete's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Erunion Telcontar View Post
    Actually, there is a mod that has different uniforms pre/post revolution, it changes the white French uniforms to blue ones only after a republican revolution.
    I've tested this mod, and it works. You'll have to ask the mod maker how he did it though, but it is doable. GL!
    The maker of that mod hasn't been online for a very long long time.

Singleton Mosby's Avatar Tiro
    Mosby's Confederacy, Guerilla territory, VA. CSA

And how do you get a revolution?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast