Thread: Modding the mists

Default Modding the mists

I'd like to look into modding the ever constant overcast/fog/sun-in-my eyes weather on most battlefield maps.. I have the two modding tools and will work on figuring out how to use them. But I need someone to tell me where the texture files are for sky/weather. I know they were called texture files in the Med II system. But I have no idea what they are called in the ETW system. Any help?
    Fear is the perfect instrument for oppression.

And Fear is fed with ignorance and stupidity.

Default Re: Modding the mists

In the main.pack is a folder effects, this contains some textures and effects for weather.
    Depending on your graphics settings you also have to look at the fx folder and edit the shaders for more/less/different color fog and clouds.

Default Re: Modding the mists

Thanks for the tip. If I could ask one more hint it would be to know where to start to understand how to learn the new mod system. I can see by opening the filemanager ap that this is not going to be as easy as I had thought.
    Thanks to you, I know that they reside in the effects and fx files...but I don't know how they go together nor how to mod them nor how to know if I have changed all the files that require changing. If I want to get more sunlight and less overcast and fog ( which seems almost constant in ETW European battles) I really have no idea where to begin and for that matter, where to end. I guess what I am saying is I need a step-by-step example of an actual mod from start to finish.

If there is such a beast as step-by-step please let me know.
    Last edited by straggler13; April 10, 2009 at 06:20 PM.
    Fear is the perfect instrument for oppression.

And Fear is fed with ignorance and stupidity.