Thread: Do you *need* to have patch installed to run DarthMod?

Default Do you *need* to have patch installed to run DarthMod?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere -- I've been searching & searching & haven't found it --

My question is: do you *need* to have patched ETW in order for DarthMod to run correctly?

I haven't patched at all -- I'm terrified to try, given how much trouble CA's patch (patches? not sure if they've released more than one) seems to be causing. Knock on wood -- ETW has been running with good stability out of the box on my system, and I'm afraid to change anything.

however, i really want to give DarthMod a go...

Default Re: Do you *need* to have patch installed to run DarthMod?

Quote Originally Posted by sandman2575 View Post
    Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere -- I've been searching & searching & haven't found it --

My question is: do you *need* to have patched ETW in order for DarthMod to run correctly?

I haven't patched at all -- I'm terrified to try, given how much trouble CA's patch (patches? not sure if they've released more than one) seems to be causing. Knock on wood -- ETW has been running with good stability out of the box on my system, and I'm afraid to change anything.

Well, you patched it initially upon install from steam or you wouldn't be able to play it. The patches since then are pretty minimal. Darth would have to comment but I would imagine his mod is based on a fully patched game.

So you run steam in offline mode at all times then?
    WAR IS PEACE FREEDOM IS SLAVERY IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Quote Originally Posted by Barabus View Post
    Well, you patched it initially upon install from steam or you wouldn't be able to play it. The patches since then are pretty minimal. Darth would have to comment but I would imagine his mod is based on a fully patched game.

So you run steam in offline mode at all times then?
    well, i bought ETW only a few days after it came out -- and yes, i've been playing with Steam offline ever since -- so I definitely have not downloaded any of the major patch or patches.

Kind of a sad state of affairs when one is scared to d/l an 'official patch' that, presumably, should fix things rather than create more problems...but there we are...

well, i bought ETW only a few days after it came out -- and yes, i've been playing with Steam offline ever since -- so I definitely have not downloaded any of the major patch or patches.

Kind of a sad state of affairs when one is scared to d/l an 'official patch' that, presumably, should fix things rather than create more problems...but there we are...
    well...if you haven't experienced any problems unpatched you really shouldn't fear the patches...it's only a minuscule % of people who the patches are causing problems for, and they mostly had problems prior to said patch.
    WAR IS PEACE FREEDOM IS SLAVERY IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

im still running off patch two. however i think because darth is running off steam updates, his files will reflect the new patches changes.
    before the third patch came out i hadnt experienced any ctd at all except at startup but that was because i screwed up the mod loadings. random minor lags, was the worst of my experiences so it was awesome.
    but now even tho i havent got the 3rd patch, i get some crazy ctd amounts after the middle of century.

so yes you can run it without at least the 3rd patch, just you will get some of the associated problems with patch due to the changes theyve made to the source (darths files).
    the 4th patch will be out soon, so fingers crossed that these ctds will be none more than a distant memory and healed scars on knuckles.

get a legal copy kthx
    6,022*10^23

Some countries don't have legal copies yet, Keep that in mind! kthx

Try living somewhere where you have 3-6month delay in shipment of original products.
    And some people are not able to use credit cards for online shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian Knight View Post
    Some countries don't have legal copies yet, Keep that in mind! kthx

Try living somewhere where you have 3-6month delay in shipment of original products.
    And some people are not able to use credit cards for online shopping.

That makes it all ok then?

So that means if they release a film in the USA 1 month before it comes out here, its fine for me to illegally download it.

Lone's Avatar Libertus

Well can't blame someone for not buying the product considering it's current state. I totally understand if one does not want to support game companies for releasing unfinished products. Although that does not justify piracy in any way.

joreto's Avatar Tiro

What ?? Why do you blame the man in piracy ?
    &

The mod works with any version of the game. From 1.0 on.

?
    Last edited by sandman2575; April 10, 2009 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sffix View Post
    get a legal copy kthx
    i have a perfectly legal copy kthx
    bought it from amazon.com kthx
    so thx for this feedback a@@hole kthx

closing thread; question has been answered thoroughly and i consider the issue resolved. pm me if you want it opened.