Thread: Sault Ste. Marie / player sally forth bug

Default Sault Ste. Marie / player sally forth bug

[I also posted this in the ETW bugs forum, but this may be a Darth-specific bug, so I'm also reposting here just in case]

Seems a lot of folks are running into this problem in some form, but for me here it is:

Grand Campaign, W 1708, playing as GB and running DarthMod 0,9. No CTD issues for me (yet), so I don't think it has anything to do with my hardware.

I took Sault Ste. Marie in a fast attack without any problems, but then a Huron army showed up to immediately besiege, and I cannot sally forth to meet it. It waits me out a couple turns until I surrender, losing a very nice veteran army. I've played all the TW games and know how to right-click to move an army normally, so it's not a right-clicking malfunction.

I have tried parsing the scripting.lua files and removing all the "--[[" stuff that might prevent a script from triggering, to no avail.

Any last ditch ideas to fix what seems to be a pathing bug?

Thankfully I save once a year, so all is not lost if I have to revert and keep an additional unit nearby to initiate a battle with the besieging forces (seems to be the only solution I've seen) - but I'd lose about 4 hours worth of epic battle wins, which I'd rather not.

Any fresh ideas to try and fix this would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Sault Ste. Marie / player sally forth bug

this hasnt happened to me yet thankfully, but ive read alot about it since the game came out and so when i see an army making a beeline for my city, ill always intercept where i can, unless i have a relief army nearby. i think untill CA looks into it, thats your only bet, best thing to do is save often so you can do it.
    but then, all you need is a single unit to attack the seigeing army, could always keep a sloop in your docks nearby, with a single cavalry unit in it (for movement[also inside the ship, not the docks itself lest it gets raided]) to counter this annoying bug

Bob the Insane's Avatar Semisalis

I believe it is a ETW bug as opposed to a Darth one. I have encountered it, though not very often as seems that the AI rarely besieges you unless it can immediately attack...
    "They are the devil's vegetable" - Captain Keeble, HMS Bulwark

I had the same happen once, it was in vanilla and a the same region. I hardly ever see the AI wait in sieges so I'm not entirely sure that I've seen it "work" either. But when it did happen I could move out of the fort and walk beside the siegin force, then attack them out in the open instead of sallying forth. It was wierd but it solved the situation.