Thread: Would you miss brigands?

Default Would you miss brigands?

I love the big rebel garrisons that's fine and pirates I have no problem with. However the brigand spawn is just annoying even with the spawn rate altered for minimum spawn in descr_strat.

I cba to hunt then down. I cba to divert forces to their damn spawn locations. I hate autoresolve due to the casualty rate but the battles against brigands are unbelievably boring. There's nothing riding on those battles it's just "housekeeping" and about as fun as washing your car with a toothbrush.

Brigands add zero to the gaming experience. Only slightly less annoying than a campaign map CTD. In fact the CTD wastes less time.

I'm going to try to eradicate them somehow. Even though historically consular armies were often blocked by bands of brigands on Roman land - not
    "If we didn't have cruxifixion, this country'd be in a right bloody mess"

Eat Meat Whale Meat
    Technical Staff Citizen took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Default Re: Would you miss brigands?

Just keep diplomats in the general area, add money before the buyout and subtract money afterwards so the balance doesn't change. That's the least intrusive way of practically eliminating brigands.

Ah, the fabled console.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

That's a clever idea. Bribing FTW!

btw, St. Naffatun, if you figure out a way to nerf brigands, I would definitely consider adding that to the mod. I don't think they add much, either. This isn't Rome: Total Cops.

If it were, though, this would be its theme song:
    Brigands
    Whatcha want, watcha want
    Whatcha gonna do
    When the human player come for you
    Tell me
    Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do
    Yeaheah

CHORUS:
    Brigands, brigands
    Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do
    When they come for you
    (Repeat)

Nobody naw give you no break
    Romans naw give you no break
    AI naw give you no break
    Not even you Sarmatia naw give you no break
    Hey hey
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Primicerius

Is it possible to mod them out? I haven't heard of it being done anywhere...

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

I don't think so, but it may be possible to give them extremely weak units and make their armies smaller.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

If it were, though, this would be its theme song
    That would be an interesting menu song. You could have silhouetted soldiers going past in the TW tradition except they're not soldiers they're silhouetted me's punching my keyboard.

I was thinking of a monitor, and if the diplomacy is between the human and rebels the bribe is auto-accepted through forced diplomacy console command. The problem is this would affect settlements.

OR

Another monitor triggering force_win attacker if the human auto resolves in a battle vs rebels that is not a siege. That way your weak garrison troops could go an mop up brigands.

In reality that's not so far fetched if we take brigands to be a small group of men causing trouble. We know how Rome and some other states would have reacted to a full blown rebel army on its land. Mass crucifixions etc.

I don't think it's a problem applying that same logic to all other factions that might have had less of a tight grip on their lands - for the sake of gameplay.

Well, roman rebells would be of much better quality, but unfortunatly they arenīt represented. And Brigants never "block" any large army, they simply retreat, if the odds are not in their favor. But they were allways a good cannon fodder for young generals to excercise their command skills