Thread: Idea : reaction zone, for a more realistic ETW ( modders, please read it)

Default Idea : reaction zone, for a more realistic ETW ( modders, please read it)

Hi,
    TW is a turnbase game so you always have to wait to your turn to be able to react to any move the AI make in their turn, and same for the AI . That's why blitzkrieg always works.

You can notice there's a zone ( around any army or fleet )that if an enemy army ( or fleet) enter that zone, you can choose to let them in or attack them with that army ( or fleet ).

My idea is to enlarge that zone to their movement point ( from the previous turn of course ), if you can make it in time of the battle, you are in, that's reality.

That way the game is much more realistic, for example: allies will be involved more often in battles, naval invasions now are harder since the AI will defence their coast more effectively, invasions now are not just capture the enemy capital , you have to deal with all their forces , even their allies, etc ...

How about that ?
    Last edited by Vagabond; April 11, 2009 at 11:52 PM.
    _____________________________________________________________________________

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Default Re: Idea : reaction zone

Excellent idea, simple but as you say much more realistic

Default Re: Idea : reaction zone

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    Excellent idea, simple but as you say much more realistic

Thank you.

Since i'm no modder that's why i desperately want to let others know about my idea ,especially modders so they can make it come true.

I just really want to make the game more interesting. So btw if you think it's good, please read, complete and spread my idea, especially to modders.

Thank you and sorry about my english.
    Last edited by Vagabond; April 11, 2009 at 11:50 PM.

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Default Re: Idea : reaction zone, for a more realistic ETW ( modders, please read it)

Very good idea! But we don't know yet how to make the circle larger.

Default Re: Idea : reaction zone, for a more realistic ETW ( modders, please read it)

Quote Originally Posted by stefaneke View Post
    Very good idea! But we don't know yet how to make the circle larger.
    Thank you.

That's sad but you said so.