Thread: Ministers...

Default Ministers...

Any idea where the game makes their characters spawn?

I was messing with the ESF, switching ministers with generals and such..

EDIT: It zooms to ivory coast... but the little green circle around the unit shows up in the capital... but i can't move them... trying to figure out what exactly allows an agent to move, or have movement points...
    Last edited by Cursisanafou; April 09, 2009 at 02:16 PM.

Default Re: Ministers...

so i made an admiral a minister... i was able to do actions... like go into a port, and attack other ships.. but the character was invisible, although when he died he did lose his ministerial position...

If we can find out either a) how to give ministers movement points, and b) figure out how to give them a visible unit... we might be able to have our ministers and our faction leader an actual unit.

But it looks grim. it may be hardcoded somewhere... let's hope not.

Have you tried giving them a model in the agents_table? I.e. giving the "minister" row the same values as the "gentleman" one (except of course for the attributes column)?

So that the ministers row looks like:
    minister l 25 l 10 l 0 l True l human l minister l true l management l --- l 0

I haven't tested it, but its an idea.

I did that.. the true ones are what make them show up on the campaign map. they have a field of view and everything.. but somewhere in the files they are made invisible.

Although their location is england, they are actually in the ivory coast.

It seems ministers are automatically invisible if they are on the ministers screen.

Through the startpos i made a rake my faction leader... i have given ministers a different unit... and what happened was the old faction leader became a "unit" in the middle of the ocean unable to move.

ALso inherently ministers have 0 movement points... sadly changing those values on the agents tables to 0 doesn't seem to effect anything.

Thanks for the suggestion though =)