Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Patch updates and Ideas

Default Patch updates and Ideas

Working on a few things and open to ideas

-Barbarian lords stronghold out side of the city

-Adding several Ancillaries triggers(from Sardaukar One findings)
    a
    b
    c
    -Captured Roman Capitals will provide the Roman Britones certain units(idea: Lioneljoe
    a
    b
    -Captured Roman lands infra structure to be used by Barbarians but not built or repaired by them(Idea: Mylae)

-Sassanid Fortresses: to add different type occupied captured troops
    Ghal'eh Dokhtar
    Dežbār fortress

-Portraits

-Ostrogoths to be in the game 435AD..Possibly as a horde.(under Hun occupation)..margio wants them back .. grinz

-Morale bonus from the Roman Senate when controling Rome.(idea Lioneljoe)

-The war harbor and Commerce Port need re adjusting

-Eles in Sassanid lands fix

-Increase happiness to buildings

-Tade fix in the Caspian Sea

-Hadrians wall in Britain

-Berber axemen texture needed with sword: Fixed..now called Berber swordsmen

-Barbarian representation outside the city

-434 Roman hidden family trees to add more generals

Romans are now a challenge to fight and to play with more realistic upgraded infra structures
    -In both campaigns Romans fight and die hard now under the AI
    -Romans in the 434ad campaign under the AI create an aggressive stand
    -Sassands and East Romans slug it out now

New building recruit system:
    -Barbarians can build now only up to city level barracks and stables
    -Romans and Sassanids, Ostrogoths, and Romano British can build above city level barracks and stables.
    -Barbarians will have highest level tier units within city level barracks.
    -Barbarians will be able to use higher level barracks if they conquerer Roman lands that have already large and huge city barracks.
    -Barbarians and Huns Nomads then can recruit their city level units within the Roman occupied buildings and several Roman units with higher experience levels than city levels.
    Last edited by Riothamus; June 12, 2009 at 04:29 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Default Re: Patch updates and Ideas

Great ideas Rio. Another thought: How about a morale bonus from the Roman Senate when controling Rome?

Quote Originally Posted by Lioneljoe View Post
    Great ideas Rio. Another thought: How about a morale bonus from the Roman Senate when controling Rome?
    Very good idea Lioneljoe

Nothin major, but in the 432 campaign when the info box comes up describing the Huns, the WRE lands are different to the ones in game. Yah, thats all I could think of

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima View Post
    Nothin major, but in the 432 campaign when the info box comes up describing the Huns, the WRE lands are different to the ones in game. Yah, thats all I could think of
    Changed that campaign to 434AD..Hopefully thats what is showing for ya

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    -Ostrogoths to be in the game 435AD..Possibly as a horde.(under Hun occupation)..margio wants them back .. grinz

Ave Riothamus, while "powering up" your patch machines (), can you think to those "things":
    * as Sassanids can recruit troops by Satrapy, Romans could recruit named legion by Castrum. I mean more specific named than the actual ...
    * as it's possible to get Aquilae from Romans troops with command, it could be nice to get type of "trophy" from others factions troops with command
    * ...thinking to something else...

EDIT (starting from Aenima Thread): once captured a town (mainly if different culture) it can be available a Military Camp building, not making happy people, but disillusioned or content at least. It have not to cancel the rioting risk, but give sometime to "convince" populaton that you are not an oppressor...
    EDIT 2: it's me again ...
    * Partisan Sassanid Cavalry and Partisan Sassanid Cavalry1 should be different not only for attack/defence factors. Both are anyway Heavy Cavalry mounting Horse Cataphract, but I think they should be Light and Medium cavalry keeping their weapons as they have now.

ayeaye rio
    Last edited by margio; April 14, 2009 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by margio View Post

Ave Riothamus, while "powering up" your patch machines (), can you think to those "things":
    * as Sassanids can recruit troops by Satrapy, Romans could recruit named legion by Castrum. I mean more specific named than the actual ...
    * as it's possible to get Aquilae from Romans troops with command, it could be nice to get type of "trophy" from others factions troops with command
    * ...thinking to something else...

EDIT (starting from Aenima Thread): once captured a town (mainly if different culture) it can be available a Military Camp building, not making happy people, but disillusioned or content at least. It have not to cancel the rioting risk, but give sometime to "convince" populaton that you are not an oppressor...
    EDIT 2: it's me again ...
    * Partisan Sassanid Cavalry and Partisan Sassanid Cavalry1 should be different not only for attack/defence factors. Both are anyway Heavy Cavalry mounting Horse Cataphract, but I think they should be Light and Medium cavalry keeping their weapons as they have now.

ayeaye rio
    Great ideas margio!

I'll separate em(ideas) and post em on to

Can you expound more on the first two ideas?

-Castrum legion names do you mean named by the city or fortress?

margio's Avatar Biarchus

=> winning specific Romans troops (the one with command as attributes if I remember well…) you get the Aquilae and the General gets Eagle Taker as Traits (I don’t remeber now the bonuses…); then another trait if he gets two o more Aquilae, becoming then Someone of the Eagles ...
    It’s almost a "gadget", but I thought that to have the same for Roman Generals would be good: winning specific Factions’ troops, you get a "Trophy" (have to be defined) and the General gets Special Traits giving bonuses as Command and Morale for troops or something else…
    Expanding this idea, it can be provided a Specific Title after the name due to specific regions captured or Campaign won, as it was "Africanus" for Scipio and for Traianus that got Germanicus, Dacicus and Parthicus as titles.
    It’s just a gadget as I said, but I think that can give a nice feeling of Roman Empire rebuilt…
    NOTE: I got more Eagles fighting DoS than WRE and ERE together, so I think that the Eagle Captured winning Romans Troops with command attributes is not a setup in BRGII, but only winning General's Bodyguards. Maybe I'm wrong for Eagle ownership ...?

=> Sassanids by Sass_Fort and Hinterland_Fortress can recruit specific troops due to the regions where they are built (same is for Celts and Roxolani with Hinterland_Unique).
    I thought that Romans Faction building Castrum can recruit Legions named with the region name, as Legio Galliarum, as Legio Hispaniensis, as Legio Parthyca, etc… (they couldd be like Comitatenses and Comitatenses sap). Expanding that they could be Legio Lugdunensis – Belgica – Tarraconensis – Dacica – etc… They can have special bonuses as Combat in snow / Combat in desert / etc… or something else. Concerning the type of troop it’s your choice, but the "Castrum" can have two levels (wood and stone) allowing Comitatenses on first and Legio on second level.
    Maybe it’s not so historical, but as for the above, I feel it can add a nice athmosphere of Roman Empire rebuilt…

ayeaye Sir

i would love to see named legions. They can really add some depth to a game and make you care about your armies. I had good times in IBRR as the ere with my armenian legion

Icon7 Re: Patch updates and Ideas

More AOR troops for the middle east if it would be historical.
    Keep up the good work.
    • Karl Marx made a great contribution to the liberation cause of mankind, and because of his immortal exploits his name is still enshrined in the hearts of the working class and peoples of all countries.
      • [1], 1983, Let Us Advance Under the Banner of Marxism-Leninism and the Juche Idea

Quote Originally Posted by lenin96 View Post
    More AOR troops for the middle east if it would be historical.
    Keep up the good work.

Hey lenin96
    Wil look at this

how about make the DOS emergent in the 434 campaign? You know if soissons rebels from the wre they emerge.

Quote Originally Posted by charles the hammer View Post
    how about make the DOS emergent in the 434 campaign? You know if soissons rebels from the wre they emerge.
    Interesting idea but emergent factions as far as I know can only emerge from the edge of the map. I think it makes it impossible to play them also. They would be under only the AI

what about how they did it in vanilla? Like the ostrogoths from the huns or the romano-british from the wre losing britian. And you could do the thing that a mod does is let the ai handle the turns until your faction emerges. But i dont know how you do it so id understand if you dont.

The legions are named; During my Romano Britones campaign I had Legions "Victrix" from Eburacum and "Britanica" from Aque Sullis.

Quote Originally Posted by charles the hammer View Post
    what about how they did it in vanilla? Like the ostrogoths from the huns or the romano-british from the wre losing britian. And you could do the thing that a mod does is let the ai handle the turns until your faction emerges. But i dont know how you do it so id understand if you dont.
    I think the emergent factions emerged from the edge of the map in vaniila..I'm prety sure but might be wrong and The Romano British were hard coded to spawn once a certain or certain cities were captured in Britain. I think the DOS are an interesting and somewhat popular faction to play. I'm not sure how I could make it so after they spawn a human player could play them

But good suggestions charles the hammer..keep them coming

Quote Originally Posted by Draco Borealis View Post
    The legions are named; During my Romano Britones campaign I had Legions "Victrix" from Eburacum and "Britanica" from Aque Sullis.
    Yes, Should I do some editing here do you think?

-I shall be increasing happiness to buildings

-Tade fix in the Caspian Sea

-Hadrians wall in Britain
    Last edited by Riothamus; April 24, 2009 at 11:25 AM.

i think you should reduce the upkeep cost of units just a little so the human and more importantly the AI can field more armies

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Quote Originally Posted by Templar Knight View Post
    i think you should reduce the upkeep cost of units just a little so the human and more importantly the AI can field more armies
    Roman armies correct? What I'm thinking of doing is noticeably lowering the Roman General unit upkeep.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast