Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: OLD - Ottoman Realism

Default Re: Ottoman Realism MOD V 1.0 (Music pack coming soon)

They don't seem to work with IS at the moment.So I downloaded the Russia mod which has reskins compatible with any mod...light version.But I wanted to play Ottomans with new skins. Oh well ..patience.

goodie

I would just like to use Sekban Jannisaries with muskets in darthmod...currently they are melee infantry whn combined with darthmod.
    Fighting with the Wisdom, the Bosnian Kingdom

I can't see them in darthmod. Still the ugly green ones. I tried just using the dds files and made a new pack but still nothing.

Tunch Khan's Avatar Civis

Do we have the Mehter Band yet?
    si vis pacem para bellum

Nizam's Avatar Ordinarius

EPIC NIZAM-I CEDID
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Epic Baghdad Cavalry
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Not: We are working for bow and lance

1.1 version includes: new skin, new unite, new music(campaing & battles) and maybe other skin/ai mod
    Last edited by Nizam; April 17, 2009 at 04:53 PM.

Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award!
    by_TotalWarTurkiye

Default Re: Ottoman Realism MOD V 1.0 (1.1 coming soon)

Nice! The Epic Nizam-I Cedid look fantastic.

Hahaha There are no *epic* nizam-ı cedids. I was just making a joke

Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award!
    by_TotalWarTurkiye

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Nizam, for your 1.1 version, I recommend that you alter the main colour of the Ottomans on the textures files directly (like Remo did), not by editing the faction colour (in some text files) somewhere else, as you seem to have done so far. I think it would be a safer way to make that bad vanilla green colour stay away.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Nizam,

New Nizam-ı Cedids should have cavalry version also with rifle. I uploaded a photo as you remember in our forum. I think you take the concept from this photo.

Now I put it here also

you used yellow colour at your units, i would prefer white like in this photo. (buttons on clothe)
    Last edited by AmiR TimuR; April 18, 2009 at 08:07 AM.

MehemtAli_Pasha's Avatar Campidoctor

Nice Nizami units. they look much better than version 1.0 to say the truth. try to make the trousers dark blue.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiR TimuR View Post
    Nizam,

New Nizam-ı Cedids should have cavalry version also with rifle. I uploaded a photo as you remember in our forum. I think you take the concept from this photo.

Now I put it here also

you used yellow colour at your units, i would prefer white like in this photo. (buttons on clothe)
    Amir, this unit is not an 18 century unit for the Ottomans. in fact, it is mentioned it's a late 19 century "nizam" unit. i don't seem to remember Nizami Cedid units lasting untill the late 19 century too, which questions the historical accuracy of such unit
    "Egyptians; to the young rebels, and to every one who was killed, bloodied or contributed in the simplest way, what you did has defied any description. you have the world on it's knees gazing at your bravery and determination. you have opened up a new chapter in Egyptian history, one that will be determined by people's love for this country" - an honorable revolutionary,

Quote Originally Posted by MehemtAli_Pasha View Post
    Nice Nizami units. they look much better than version 1.0 to say the truth. try to make the trousers dark blue.

Amir, this unit is not an 18 century unit for the Ottomans. in fact, it is mentioned it's a late 19 century "nizam" unit. i don't seem to remember Nizami Cedid units lasting untill the late 19 century too, which questions the historical accuracy of such unit
    So lets remove all Nizam-ı Cedid units because they existed in 19th century?

It is both realistic and more units = more game fun

Also I took this photo from reliable source

I hope you can make research of nizams more strategic and more long lasting. You should not complete this reform if you are in lot of wars or if loyalty in your provinces is very low. It should take time and whn completed, it should trigger some revolts. Spawning rebel Jannissaries. Correct me if I am wrong, but this reform did in some way trigger Greater Bosnian uprising in the empire (during early 19th century). Husein Beg Gradascevic promised to be on Jannisaries side, but distanced himself after they murdered some Pasha. Have to look into this

It would be cool if you could implement script to abolish Jannisaries all together after this reform if player so wants. It might not stick with nobility, uprisings etc, still... Sipahis textures need some lovin too.

Thanks for update,new textures look quite good, keep it up, cant wait for more
    Fighting with the Wisdom, the Bosnian Kingdom

MehemtAli_Pasha's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by AmiR TimuR View Post
    So lets remove all Nizam-ı Cedid units because they existed in 19th century?

It is both realistic and more units = more game fun

Also I took this photo from reliable source
    first of all, i always thought the Nizam-i-Cedid reform was in the late 18 century?

any way, ur unit there represents the late 19 century which means it's way ahead of the time frame. u might as well include the Askari-Mansure and the gattling gun. i also noticed that the unit is using a modern kind of rifle, which was not invented by then.

more units=game fun. but historical accuracy is what the mod is about
    "Egyptians; to the young rebels, and to every one who was killed, bloodied or contributed in the simplest way, what you did has defied any description. you have the world on it's knees gazing at your bravery and determination. you have opened up a new chapter in Egyptian history, one that will be determined by people's love for this country" - an honorable revolutionary,

Quote Originally Posted by MehemtAli_Pasha View Post
    first of all, i always thought the Nizam-i-Cedid reform was in the late 18 century?

any way, ur unit there represents the late 19 century which means it's way ahead of the time frame. u might as well include the Askari-Mansure and the gattling gun. i also noticed that the unit is using a modern kind of rifle, which was not invented by then.

more units=game fun. but historical accuracy is what the mod is about
    late 18th century and year is 1790. then 19th century. foreign sources shows that Nizam-ı Cedids continued after Muhammediye soldiers were the main army of Ottomans.

Definitely historical accuracy is very important but this unit actually do not represent very late 19th century IMO. Ottoman style was different at late 19th century

epic arnavut / albanian soldier

Last edited by ramses_88; April 20, 2009 at 01:27 AM.

1.1 will be epic

by_TotalWarTurkiye

mmm. interesting unit.

will it be in roster or only from Albania? and you make hat to suppose to be head?

Great job! I recall seeing a painting of some Nizam-I Cedit and they had maroon/crimson/red uniforms. Not green!

Not to sure about using the bow and arrows for Baghdad Cavalry. Prefer muskets.

As I commented here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=250276 - The Janissaries were completely replaced by the New Model Army after the Auspicious Event. Therefore, I believe the New Model Army should have some new elites to replace the Janissary Beyliks...

And could you please change the colour of the Light Infantry to something darker? Maybe Navy Blue or Dark Blue instead of Light Bright Blue...

Looking forward to using your new skins...
    "If you are the Sultan, come and lead your armies. If I am the Sultan, I hereby order you to come and lead my armies."
    - Mehmed II (the Conqueror of Istanbul) to Murad II, his father, before the Battle of Varna in 1444)

çok mükemmel fıstık gibi olmuş nizam teşekkür ederiz. 1.1'i bekliyoruz

thanks nizam

Oğuzam Türkmenem
    100% Turkmen
    الله أكبر الله أكبر
    Devlet-i Âlî Osman - دولة علياء - ط ط أوسمانيا

OPEN IMAGE PLS.