Thread: IS Online

Default IS Online

do you guys mind doing what this guy says in this post?

I really want to play IS online, but the mod pack doesn't work.

Actually it seems you can't play online with a mod.pack installed that is set to status MOD, but you can play with mod.pack, that is set to status PATCH. This is weired, as imo this version check should prevent cheating in online games, but actually it just prevent playing with mods made within the structure supposed by CA, while cheaters can still do what they like as there is no check for moddified or additional patch.packs.

So you might need to search for mods, that are tested online, but take a look, if you have to replace your original Patch.pack or not. Doing this could cause some trouble with updates. There is another opportunity: search for mods, who just add a new pack to the game. This way you can't use mod manager, but your game can update normally, you can activate the mod by adding to or deleting from the data folder and you can play-online. As you would be able to play aslo with unmodded games and this might cause some trouble about cheating complains, you should just use mods with others, who also have them and not in rank battles. If you just use optical mods, you should announce it when joining a battle with others and ask if this is ok.

Default Re: IS Online

All you have to do is:

Get Pack File manager
    Open the mod_is.pack
    select pack options at the start and select patch type
    save

Be aware that playing online with a modded game is basicly nothing else than cheating.

Thanks a lot, il do that.

When i do that non of the changes show up... in the list it is loaded before patch... which makes me think pack.pack is overwriting it...

I suggest you just remove the Mod if you want to play online then, todays Daily Update from CA also included that they want to disable playing (i.e. closing the loopholes) with a modded game next patch.

In addition, given that IS is fully in the "mod" .pack format (I renamed most of the files I changed), even converting it to a patch .pack and then deleting the files from the real patch.pack that conflict with the files in my mod, it won't work.